Today

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2011, 08:05 AM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 13 weeks!! Online, I read that the start of 14 weeks is second trimester, but everyone else says 13. So screw it, I am going with 13 weeks! lol Feels good to have made it to the 2nd trimester. I haven't thrown up in the morning in 3 days!

We are meeting with our potential doula today, And, we find out the gender in exactly ONE WEEK!! I can't freaking wait! I am not going to be able to sleep for crap next week, I am too excited!

Just had to share my excitement

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 26th, 2011, 08:21 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Yay!!! I'm working my way to 13 weeks and I'm so excited! I've noticed the last few days I've been feeling somewhat better... I'm hoping it continues!

November 26th, 2011, 08:29 AM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a Belly Book that has the trimesters and it says at end of 12 weeks is end of first trimester so 13 weeks starts 2nd trimester. Yay for you on your 2nd trimester and finding out what you are having next week!!!
November 26th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I hope it continues for you too!!

Thanks =) my new what to expect book, says the 13th is the end of the 1st and 14 is the start of the second. Why can't they all be on the same page? Oh well, either way I am considering this the 2nd trimester. haha

I also hired my doula today! SOO excited!!

November 26th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! And I think you are actually starting the 14th week. I thought when you "turn" a week, that means you've just completed that week. So you're now a full 13 weeks, working on the 14th putting you in the second trimester for sure! I've got 6 more days! Although my one ticker says it starts on Thursday which would actually be 12w6d so I don't get that. LOL

November 26th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!! Congrats!!!
Ok, I confess... am jealous of you finding out so soon
That's so exciting!
And tell us more about your doula

November 28th, 2011, 06:47 AM
duckies0's Avatar Maggie's Mommy
Yay! That is so exciting. I've got a few more weeks, but it is nice to see the first set of people hitting the second trimester. Let us know hwo your doula meeting goes. I'm jealous that you are finding out so early, too.

November 28th, 2011, 06:59 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
yay yay yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: cheer:
:yellowchee r:
:yellowchee r:

:bluec heer:

:w oohoo:

November 28th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for the 2nd trimester, you are definitely in your 2nd THat is so weird, I guess they changed that, because I have a slightly older version of the What to Expect book and mine says at the end of the 12th week, start of week 13, you are in your 2nd trimester - they really should try and agree! Anyways, I am pretty sure my doc says end of 12th week, start of 13th is 2nd trimester...yippeee I am jealous, I still have 3 more weeks, but that is 1 less than I had last week...lol!

Tell us about your doula!

November 28th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Thank you =) My doula is great, I just clicked with her right away. Our beliefs really line up, and she is hypnobabies certified, which is what I am hopefully using this time, so that is a huge help! Because all the language is different and its just a lot different than any other class. My husband really liked her so that was important too. He seems like he wants to be really hands on during labor, so she reassured him that shell be there to help but not take over his job in any way. We will have two appts before the birth to get my birth plan made and all that, and practice the hypnobabies. and then shell visit me after the baby also, to help with breastfeeding or any questions I have. I really feel like I have a great support system set up, for the birth I am hoping for. Makes me very happy! I even got DH to watch, The Business of Being Born. and although he seemed totally bored by it, the next day he was spouting facts about home births and stuff to his best friend. I thought it was very cute! It was important to me for him to understand why I want what I want when it comes to the labor/birth. He will be a great advocate for me during labor.

ps. its Monday, and I already had dreams about the u/s, missing the u/s rescheduling it and finally trying to figure out what baby was. It was a DOG Lmao!! I can't do this all week!

November 28th, 2011, 02:44 PM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you had an awesome appt! I can't beleive you are finding out the sex already! Time is just flying by

November 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
It was =) I know time has gone quickly!

November 28th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
congrats on being in the 2nd trimester! its so awesome that you found a great doula and im jealous your husband wants to be involved. my husband wants nothing to do with any of it! good luck next week finding out what you are having i cant wait to hear about it!
November 28th, 2011, 03:04 PM
HaydensMa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY!!!

Sara Beth-Mommy to Hayden <3

November 28th, 2011, 03:12 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome. Congrats on finding a great doula!

November 28th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I was actually really surprised he wanted to be as involved as he says he does. I figured he would want to be a bit more hands off. I didn't even know until she asked him...lol You never know, when the time comes Hubby might really step up! And at the same time, for many husbands its scary to see their wives in pain etc...So they get scared and don't know what to do. Look into a doula to help or a friend or family member. With my first, I had my mom in the room to help.

November 28th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i think hes afraid cause i had a miscarriage and he was there with me when i had to go through all of it and then they took my family out of the room and when they came back there was blood everywhere. he doesnt know what having a baby is like thats all he has to compare it to and it scared the crap out of me and i have another child so for him not having any experience that was not a good thing for him to see. i keep telling him birth is not that bad but i think hes just very scared. my mother and sister will also be part of the birth and they have been through it with me before, i think that will help him. i have a great support team with the 3 of them. i just cant wait for him to come around
November 28th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Oh yah, I am sure your right! That does sound scary, and he probably felt really out of control of the situation. I bet he'll be way more into it when the time comes!

As far as the pregnancy goes, my DH isn't totally into it. I don't think it feels real to him yet.

November 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
13.something is the actual mathematical thing if you split 40 by 3...so I always say 13, end the first trimester as fast as possible I think!

I am there today!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search