OT - Vent vent vent!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2011, 03:46 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
So we live with DF's mother to save money until he gets a better job... Well lately shes been a GRADE A *****!!

Today all shes been talking about is how during all her pregnancies she worked up until she delievered and she wasnt a whiny pregnant woman...

Then she asks "When are you going back to work Steph?"

-__- grr.

Shes harping on the fact that she worked and Im not..
Im not working because Im high risk and spotting..
And shes doing NOTHING BUT STRESSING ME!! -__-

After the Christmas season Im going to ask DF if we can look for our own place.

I cant live with this woman anymore!

November 27th, 2011, 05:01 PM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow, you definitely don't need the stress at home either! Hope it gets better.
November 27th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, I would say your best bet is to move. You're not going to be able to change her and your relationship will just get more stressed. It's not worth the money you save if no one is happy.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 27th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh!! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that. If you're spotting and have a high risk pregnancy you should NOT be working. I hate when people get all self-righteous and think that everybody who doesn't do things their way are somehow not as worthy as them.

Can you talk to DF and see if he can get his momma to back off?

November 27th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahMom View Post
Ugh!! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that. If you're spotting and have a high risk pregnancy you should NOT be working. I hate when people get all self-righteous and think that everybody who doesn't do things their way are somehow not as worthy as them.

Can you talk to DF and see if he can get his momma to back off?
DF has mentioned it.. Shes like "What I cant talk in my own house?"

November 27th, 2011, 08:46 PM
HaydensMa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand your frustration, GET OUT!

Sara Beth-Mommy to Hayden <3

November 28th, 2011, 04:25 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I'd leave as soon as I could. I am sorry she is treating you that way. So uncalled for! Plus if that is her response to him talking to her, then he needs to say "you can talk however you want in your house, but not to my soon to be wife."

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 28th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Wow sorry you are going through all this! My in laws are the same way! She worked the whole time pg I have been out of work since Aug 2008 so months before I even got pg. I have been in school so that has helped keep them backed off but yeah I get comment all the time! Well we did this or even telling us how we should save money by doing this... We have plenty of money. No we are not rich but we survive and are doing fine. They are still chatting about our van because my SUV still is driving... Well there is NO way you would get 3 car seats in the back of my SUV and still get a 2,1,and new born in and out easily.

I agree you need to move out! Sorry my reply got so long but in laws are just so stressful!

Don't think I shared this... But when we took the girls to show off their shirts (big sister ones) FIL looked at DD1 and asked if it was a rummage sale shirt? "Oh never mind I see hers too I was really hoping it was a rummage sale shirt." Really?! You need to shut your mouth!! I am still mad about this and its been 3 weeks I think.

Do not mention on FB
November 28th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana*Addey*OliveMommy View Post
Don't think I shared this... But when we took the girls to show off their shirts (big sister ones) FIL looked at DD1 and asked if it was a rummage sale shirt? "Oh never mind I see hers too I was really hoping it was a rummage sale shirt." Really?! You need to shut your mouth!! I am still mad about this and its been 3 weeks I think.
With my pregnancy hormones, if anyone said that to me.. I can promise you Bruce would be carrying me out of there before it came to punches!! Wow thats so rude!

November 28th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
It was very rude! I am still hurt by it! I know they think that 2 is plenty and we can't afford more because I don't work but wow keep your comments to yourself!

Do not mention on FB
November 28th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana*Addey*OliveMommy View Post
It was very rude! I am still hurt by it! I know they think that 2 is plenty and we can't afford more because I don't work but wow keep your comments to yourself!
Lots of women do the SAHM thing.. Its not a bad thing.. If DF gets this new job Ill be doing that too. So they just need to learn to stfu lol! Just because its not "their way" doesnt mean its wrong.. Grr.. People bother me!

November 28th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are dealing with that! My SIL wants to be a SAHM, but right now they can't work that out, because they can't sell their house to downsize to a more affordable one, well, my MIL can't understand why she would want to be a SAHM, saying, no one can afford to have a one income family - really? Because I see it all of the time! I don't do it, but that isn't my thing, if it were, I would hope she wouldn't make comments like that to me! UGH! That is your prerogative and in your case, right now, it isn't by choice, try to ignore her and I hope you all are able to get out soon!!

November 28th, 2011, 08:39 AM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry she's being so rude! You def need to get your own place!! People just say the rudest things when your pregnant. I don't get it?!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 28th, 2011, 08:55 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by humnck View Post
I am so sorry you are dealing with that! My SIL wants to be a SAHM, but right now they can't work that out, because they can't sell their house to downsize to a more affordable one, well, my MIL can't understand why she would want to be a SAHM, saying, no one can afford to have a one income family - really? Because I see it all of the time! I don't do it, but that isn't my thing, if it were, I would hope she wouldn't make comments like that to me! UGH! That is your prerogative and in your case, right now, it isn't by choice, try to ignore her and I hope you all are able to get out soon!!
I wasn't even a SAHM until a year ago. Up until then I worked full time and went to school at nights. It took us a long time to get where we are at now. We are not rich, but we can afford our bills and have a little bit extra if we wanted to do something. People seriously p*ss me off when they assume they know your finanaces. I hate that people do that. I always tell my sister to mind her own business!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search