Pregnant friends

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2011, 03:00 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Are any of your close friends or family members pregnant? Are they due around the same time as you? Do you enjoy sharing this experience with them?

November 28th, 2011, 03:15 AM
kchav314's Avatar Super Mommy
My sister in law is pregnant and due in February. I think we have this back and forth jealousy thing going on (more her than me ) since it's the first child for both of us, but ultimately, we think it's really cool.

My other sister in law should have been pregnant right now, but she had a miscarriage earlier this year. It's hard because she can hardly look at me, and I try not to talk about it, but it's just so hard for her.

November 28th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
My friend is pregnant, a month after she found out she was pregnant, I found out i was pregnant. She hasnt really talked to me since and we used to hang out every weekend as a couples game night. I dont get it, but oh well.
November 28th, 2011, 03:56 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I have several friends that are pregnant, but they're all in the States or don't live close to me. I love being pregnant with people I'm close to though and being able to share our excitement and our complaints!

November 28th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Some people have a competitive nature.
Since my husband was annoyed, i knew it wasnt all hormones. LoL

I have a friend who just had a baby and she helps me out so much!
I love having all you as belly buddies though!
November 28th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Super Mommy
It feels like almost all of my friends were recently or currently pregnant. I was just saying about a few months ago that I felt left out Not anymore haha My best friend from high school had her baby 3 weeks early back in September. Another friend had her baby on 11/11/11. My best friend from middle school is due in February. Another high school friend is due in May. They all live some distance away so we don't really get to see each other, but we stay in contact through FB. Most of them either are pregnant or just had their first child and I am on my THIRD So they are the ones coming to me for advice which I find pretty cool. It is fun to finally have friends with kids so I can share back and forth some experiences.

November 28th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any friends IRL who are prego or at least not that I know. My sister is prego and due in Feb. I would have been due a week before her if I hadn't miscarried earlier this year. I would have loved to be due at the same time, but now it's working out better that I'm not. She and her family live her now, but they are moving and my parents will go help her after her baby is born. They'll be able to come here when my baby is born and help with all the kids when I need it.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 28th, 2011, 05:09 AM
duckies0's Avatar Maggie's Mommy
I have a cousin that is about a month behind me. Her and her hubby live very close to us, so I'm so excited to share this experience with her. She was worried I would be upset that she was stealing my thunder, but I'm a more the merrier person.

November 28th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
I know of of a few people pg right now but no one I am that close to.

Do not mention on FB
November 28th, 2011, 06:03 AM
HaydensMa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 3 other friend that are preggo with me, they are each Feb, march, and April/may. My brother is having a baby around feb/march but I don't talk to him so I really don't count it.

Sara Beth-Mommy to Hayden <3

November 28th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My SIL is pregnant (living in Argentina) and my BFF, also from Argentina JUST found out today she is pregnant!!

I am SOOOO over the moon for my BFF!!!
She had a molar pregnancy in January and had a horrible time (even had to get surgery) and wasn´t able to TTC until now. Since they don´t sell OPK´s there, I just sent her a bunch with another friend who just left and a couple of sensitive HPT´s (again, the ones they have are 50 or 100 mlU so you won´t find out until AF is late).
Well, looks like she won´t need the OPKs after all!
She called me this morning and we cried like idiots for half an hour
So far only her DH and I know (well, and you but she doesn´t know you, haha)

November 28th, 2011, 07:11 AM
WoahMama83's Avatar Veteran
Nope everyone I know that I'm close to has already had babies this year. My cousin who used to be more like a sister had her first in May another cousin had her 1st and 2nd in August a friend from high school had her first in September and a long time family friend had her first in October the same day I found out I was pregnant this time. Computer though is a completely different story a mommy group I've been a member of for the past 9 years is quickly doing it's part to make sure that every month next year is covered by atleast one person having a baby.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my wonderful siggy!

That's me ~~~>Facebook-Heather
November 28th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Let's see, a couple of close friends had babies recently within the past couple of months, one close friend is due in January, my sister had her baby 3 weeks ago, a couple of people on FB have recently announced pg's, my cousin (who has been trying for 4 years with a couple of losses in there) is pg and due 6 weeks before me. I would have been due in March - one of DH's cousin's is due in March, not that we are close with them, but I had a m/c in August. Anyways, I like being pg with others, it's nice to complain and talk about what is going on I will admit, after the loss I had a lot of jealousy towards pg people, including my sister, but I got past that and was always happy for her it's just hard when you have a loss and see others with what you want. Anyways, I am so excited to be able to be pg with my cousin - yay

November 28th, 2011, 07:39 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
A very, very close friend of mine is due in January with a baby girl, which works out since DD was born in January. I can give her ALL DD's smaller clothing if this one is a boy..and probably still, since they'll be completely different seasons.
She's so tiny and adorable
She also has a son just a few months younger than DD, and this baby will be a few months younger than her daughter so it's pretty neat We switched this time.

Then I have another girl I know who I don't speak to often is 6 weeks ahead of me in pregnancy, exactly I believe.

Pregnancies around here seem to happen in groups.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
November 28th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really WISH I had a close friend who was pregnant (for the first time) along with me. I have 3 BFF's who are really disappointing me right now. Well mainly just one of the 3. All 3 of my BFFs are BTDT mommies, they have 7 kids between the 3 of them. And the one friend, who I usually talk to every day, all day long through email during work, went through the same struggles I did when TTC. It took her 3 years so she knew very well how hard it is. She was super excited for me when I got pg, but she is now "annoyed" when I talk about my pregnancy and ask her questions. I asked her about breastfeeding the other day and she was completely annoyed because SHE thought it was way too soon to be asking such a question. So I've pretty much stopped talking to her altogether. If she wants to know anything about my pregnancy, she can ask. And she hasn't. It makes me so sad. I've talked to my other (of the 3) friend about it and she doesn't understand it either. And she has been great, she listens to everything and has answered any question I've asked and even gone maternity shopping with me. So at least I have her. I'm just so disappointed in the other one who I thought I was closer with. There is a couple that DH and I are pretty good friends with and they're also sort of newlyweds and are going to start TTC soon. I wish so much that she was pg with me!

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack, I should've probably made my own post about this, it's something that's been really bothering me and kinda of ruining my pregnancy experience a little.

November 28th, 2011, 08:09 AM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. Most of my friends are long done having babies. Matter of fact most have kids going into college. No I don't feel old My SIL was pregnant but miscarried and I don't think has any plans to try again, since it wasn't planned and my brother really wasn't thrilled. So I'm all alone in this.

November 28th, 2011, 08:20 AM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes! It's so nice this time around, I was all alone the first time. One of my very good friends is due 3 weeks after me. Our neighbor is due 3 days after me. and i know a lot of people with new babies!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 28th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Super Mommy
A majority of my friends are either done having kids or far from starting. I do know someone ttc so I'm keeping my eye on her for signs
November 28th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My best friend is about 27 weeks pregnant with a boy. It's her second and has been a hard pregnancy (vasa previa) with a lot of worry about him, but so far it's all ok. I was able to give her all my little boy clothes since my last was born in Feb, and she will have to have a c-section at about 35wks with this one, so she will have him at almost the same time I did. All the clothes should fit right on track.

My sister is due April 27 with a baby, but she is giving it up for adoption. It's a good thing though, everyone is very happy about it. No sadness. It's best for baby.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

November 28th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When I had my older son, my SIL and I were only 3 weeks apart... I loved having someone to share all of the pregnancy stuff with... We were really close so it was a lot of fun...

One of my BFF is trying for a baby, and she is officially late, but still not testing positive... We are both so anxious to see that BFP... We will both be bummed if AF is playing tricks!

Tags
pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search