Not finding out gender and im going cucu already

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Veteran
I dont know how many women do it, I just had to find out with my boys and this time around im losing it already not knowing that i'll know, im not a patient person at all so this by far is the hardest thing I will ever have done
November 28th, 2011, 12:20 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how people do it either...I just don't have the patience! Kudos to you, it will be worth it in the end!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 28th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Veteran
thank u I never thought I could but I have to be strong because its something my whole family and dh wants, to not find out and if I were to find out on my own i would spoil it for everyone else cause I cant keep a secret like this lol
November 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
I am having a hard time too! I can't wait until Jan when I can find out!!

Do not mention on FB
November 28th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Veteran
its exciting if you really think about it, not that it isent now but its exciting
November 28th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
im not finding out either. my husband will find out and hes good at keeping secrets so im not worried about him telling me. the way i look at it is when i had my daughter and they said its a girl i was just like yeah i know. someone told me recently that they were not finding out what they were having because we so rarely get suprises anymore. then when i found out i was pregnant i was like you know what shes right. it made me think of when ali was born and how i was like yeah i know and how if i hadnt known how thrilled i would have been. this time i am pretty much starting from scratch i never thought i would have another child so im just gonna buy neutral clothes and pick 2 outfits for coming home. then im sending my hubby at a different time to get the gender specific outfit and ill see it after i have the baby. i know its gonna be hard but i just cant wait to be suprised
November 28th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Veteran
I agree thats exactly how I feel and I cant wait to find out that day, hoping for pink dust we shall see

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1217 View Post
im not finding out either. my husband will find out and hes good at keeping secrets so im not worried about him telling me. the way i look at it is when i had my daughter and they said its a girl i was just like yeah i know. someone told me recently that they were not finding out what they were having because we so rarely get suprises anymore. then when i found out i was pregnant i was like you know what shes right. it made me think of when ali was born and how i was like yeah i know and how if i hadnt known how thrilled i would have been. this time i am pretty much starting from scratch i never thought i would have another child so im just gonna buy neutral clothes and pick 2 outfits for coming home. then im sending my hubby at a different time to get the gender specific outfit and ill see it after i have the baby. i know its gonna be hard but i just cant wait to be suprised
November 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
im kind of hoping for a boy but i will be thrilled with either. im just scared cause my husband has a big head and im afraid the babys head will be huge haha.
November 28th, 2011, 01:55 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would go completely nuts! I am not one for surprises, besides it probably wouldn't be good to start crying on the delivery table in the OR when they say it's another boy. I need months to prepare mentally so I can get used to the idea of ANOTHER boy. I always adore them when they come and have no regrets b/c I've had time to mourn the girl I don't have. Crazy maybe but there's a method to my madness.

November 28th, 2011, 02:30 PM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We didn't find out with the twins and people thought we were crazy. I loved the excitement of being told as they were born and then telling our family as they waited in the hospital waiting room. I'm not going to find out this time either but a part of me is dying to know. I didn't have that feeling before. I think it might be easier if we know because if we have a girl this time we will need all new clothes! But DH is set on not knowing so we will wait.

November 28th, 2011, 03:50 PM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
I too couldn't wait. with 3 boy I too need the adjustment period to get use to another boy. not to mention I don't like surprises.
November 28th, 2011, 04:43 PM
HaydensMa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There isnt much left in the world that isnt a surprise anymore, so Im gonna leave this one alone We arent finding out and I cant be more excited about that. I think we wont tell the family over the phone, just let them come and see the baby at the hospital to find out, lol

Sara Beth-Mommy to Hayden <3

November 28th, 2011, 04:47 PM
lromkee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it would be a lot of fun but I couldn't do it.

November 29th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It will get easier once you get past that 20-ish week marker and you don't find out. People ALWAYS ask if 'I know what I'm having?' and gosh if I'm just not ornery enough to reply "A BABY!!" So, I always have that to look forward to! LOL!

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
November 29th, 2011, 04:45 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's definitely going to be hard! My DH wants to know, but if I let him find out, he'll torture me with that secret for the rest of the pregnancy. haha that would make it worse! If I can get past this next 18wk u/s I think I might be ok.

By the way, I was the ONLY ONE who knew about DD1 being a girl and I kept that secret from everyone! So, it's possible Lia

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
November 29th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had planned on DS#2 being a surprise, but the tech spoiled it and made it obvious that it was a boy. I already knew what boy parts looked like from DS#1 and she zoomed right in and said "Baby is cooperating if you want to know what it is!" Grr.
Unless for some strange reason DH insists on us finding out (which I'm pretty sure he won't do), then this one will (hopefully) be a surprise. I will make it very clear to the tech that I don't want to know!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search