Dealing with comments....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
So over the past two weeks I've had two different women in my life (one being my MIL) tell me they think I'm going to carry my baby weight in my hips, butt, and thighs ....... ummmm....

Ok, so first off I realize I have a bit of junk in my trunk, I'm not in denial of my assets. However, why would any self respecting woman tell any pregnant woman they think their rump is going to get huge during their pregnancy??? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS COMMENT???

In both instances I replied I surely hope not and at 12 weeks all my jeans still fit just fine and I've gained only 2 pounds. I just don't know what to do with this or how to reply to it....and I know it's going to happen again.

How have or do you ladies deal with backhanded or just plain rude comments? I think I'm just going to go off next time and blame it on being pregnant.

November 28th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i had a co-worker tell me im gaining it in my boobs and she said i looked pregnant 2 times before she found out. it made me really self consious. idk why people feel the need to say stuff like that. its hard cause im hormonal and i try to not let it bother me but it does. when i was pregnant with my daughter i gained a lot of weight in my butt and thighs so im afraid of that too and so far nobody has commented on my butt just my boobs.
November 28th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL wow people are something else huh? I really have no idea to handle it myself. On Thanksgiving when we announced it, my grandma said that she thought I looked heavier. And I haven't gained a single pregnancy pound yet I just stared at her, speechless. LOL

November 28th, 2011, 12:58 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
You are a lot stronger than me because before I was pregnant, I'd snap at anyone who gave me a rude comment. Now that I am pregnant, I'd bite their head off instead. Lol. People really need to keep their stupid and rude comments to themselves.

On a side note, I have gone back and read some of my posts.... Man I am vicious today! I need to take a chill pill and relax. Lol. I guess my hormones are acting up too.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 28th, 2011, 01:14 PM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
You are a lot stronger than me because before I was pregnant, I'd snap at anyone who gave me a rude comment. Now that I am pregnant, I'd bite their head off instead. Lol. People really need to keep their stupid and rude comments to themselves.

On a side note, I have gone back and read some of my posts.... Man I am vicious today! I need to take a chill pill and relax. Lol. I guess my hormones are acting up too.
I feel you! I guess I just don't understand why anyone would make a "size" related comment to a pregnant woman.....if they had any good sense they would know it's not a productive thing to say, your rump is going to get fat Jennie...just wait! Ugh...Now I feel *$%* bent on making sure my rear end stays the same size....which is ridiculous but I can't help myself...I blame hormones too.

This is another reason I've not said anything at work yet about being PG.

November 28th, 2011, 01:22 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Im with Lindsey, I would of bit their heads off and giggled and said "Oops hormones."

November 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Veteran
I will never understand how any person could comment on a womans weight, pregnant or not.

November 28th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When I was 6 months pg with DD, we were at my BIL's wedding and we were talking to some friends, MIL came over to say hi, the people we were talking to grew up with DH, so she has known them for forever, anyways, the girl asked to see my belly (still had my coat on) and I opened it and MIL said "isn't she huge" - what?! The girl looked at her and was like, I think she looks small actually, ok, that was a little exaggeration, but I wasn't huge - she was comparing me to my SIL - the difference was, we carried differently - I carried straight out front, so my belly poked out further, my SIL carried all the way around the middle, so my belly looked bigger, but I was not bigger than her...now my hormones are getting away from me, anyways, some ppl just don't have filters! Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, I have a coworker here who has a son who LOVES pg women, he thinks they are hot...actually, my cousin always loved when his wife was pg, he is a butt man, DH is a boob man, good thing, cause I got em pg or not

Some people need to think before they speak

November 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
Right after I had DD2 me and DH were walking around the halls at hospital and I had this random person ask me when I was due. I could have slapped them and I wasn't even that big!

I probably would have started crying just because my hormones have been out of whack for awhile. I can see someone choke up trying not to cry about something and I will just start bawling!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search