Total Vent....NOBODY IS GOING TO BE HAPPY @ THIS BABY BUT ME!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2011, 04:33 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if it's hormones or fact but I'm realizing that not a single person is going to be happy about this baby except me. DS1 suspects I'm pregnant and asked last week if I am and looked very upset. I felt bad b/c I lied, but it killed me that he was so unhappy at the prospect. My Best friend asked me if I want to "go out" w/ her next weekend for a girls nite, which we do regularly and I told her I would let her know. I told Dh and he said you know she's gonna probably say you're crazy when you tell her. I got really upset and started crying b/c I realized that nobody is going to be happy for me!! Right now I know I can't even tell my family b/c they are going to be outright mean about me having another baby! I'm devastated. I don't know what to do. I just want to move 1000000 miles away!!

November 28th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Aww I'm sorry! My in laws were not happy about baby either! I am still crushed by their reactions!

Do not mention on FB
November 28th, 2011, 04:38 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Im so sorry, as long as you and DH are happy thats what truly matters

November 28th, 2011, 04:46 PM
lromkee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. I hadn't realized that your friends and family don't know about the pregnancy yet. I hope everyone will be happy.

November 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry. I hope everyone comes around soon! If not, when the baby comes I think everyone will fall in love!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 28th, 2011, 04:52 PM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you are having to go through this during what is suppose to be a happy time. I agree, as long as you and DH are happy then everyone else will come around.
November 28th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh hun, I think you are reading too much into this.
Why would your BFF NOT be happy for you? If she's your friend and cares for you (as I'm sure she does) she will support you no matter what.
Your DS? Why would he be upset? What good reason could a 16 year old have other than jealousy for mama? it's normal!

As for the rest of your family, whatever. If they can't understand you are both happy and feel blessed, then they are the most self-absorbed people ever.

Stop making up for other people's shortcomings. This baby will be a blessing and everybody will love it as they love your other children. Shake those bad feelings and go hug your hubby

November 28th, 2011, 05:23 PM
HaydensMa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They will get used to it Its just how it goes sometime! You seem like a strong person, you can get through this...

Sara Beth-Mommy to Hayden <3

November 28th, 2011, 05:56 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
That's how it always is for me too. My first I had been married for almost a year when I got pregnant, but I was 19, and then with my 2nd some people were REALLY happy, but some people wrecked it, and after that it has been like no fun telling everyone...I'm one behind you, but I know how you feel.

November 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Anxious New Mommy
You never know though...maybe they'll be thrilled and this baby will be a girl and that'll just be even more amazing! Keep positive!

November 28th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Preggo Foster Momma!
I hope it isn't as bad as you think it's going to be.
I hope you update us with good stories!

But! Everyone is right, this is about you and your DH. If you two are happy, that's what matters.
November 29th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Veteran
They may not be to thrilled at first, but hopefully they will come around.
At the end of the day, as long as you and DH are happy, that's all that truly matters!

November 29th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Veteran
I can totally relate. This is #7 for us and we've not told our family or our friends back in the States. Since we're overseas I don't have to tell them now and we have no desire to. Our families will be nothing but mean. They've never been nice about a new baby and just got meaner. I just don't understand it. Maybe if they had to support and take care of them, but even then why would you be so unkind about a new baby. With DD #5 we were living in a different state, and they never saw us. We didn't tell anyone in our families except my sister until she was 2 days old. My MIL was majorly offended. My DH said I don't know why your mad or why you care because you have been so nasty about it before. When we told her we were having DD #3 she told us we needed that like we needed a hole in the head and add in the F word a few times. Anyway sorry to hijack your thread. All to say I totally get it. I couldn't understand anymore and I'm so sorry that someone else has to go through it. It really sucks. Good luck and I hope it turns out better than you thought.

November 29th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's just the number of kids that baffles most people. They can't understand WHY you would want that many, because that's just not for them. But just because it's not for them does not mean they shouldn't be supportive. Nobody else is responsible for your kids, you provide for them, you aren't out be arrested for felonies every other week or addicted to meth so it's nobody's business if you want to have 30 kids. I bet that once it sinks in for people that you are going to have six kids, they will warm up to the idea and especially the idea that this one may be a little girl!

I hope it goes better than you think it will.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

November 29th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Thank you everyone. I do know they will come around once the baby is born. They always do. It's getting to that point though. They are horribly mean and unsupportive. My mom is supportive but instead of saying she's happy to have another grandchild her comment is usually "oh, No, what are you going to do w/ another baby?". Then tells that I'm going to tell my father like I'm some little teenage girl who got pregnant by her boyfriend in the backseat of a car! It's incredibly demeaning! I hate the entire ordeal and really wish I was no where near them so I could just raise my family away from the drama.

November 29th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really just can't understand how anyone wouldn't be happy for you! My MIL never really showed that she was happy, but recently she has called me to find out about results from my emergency u/s to make sure I was okay, some people just have weird ways of showing that they care and are excited, as you said, they will come around. You and DH enjoy being pg! Your oldest son is a 16 year old boy, I can understand him being upset, he is a teenage boy with hormones - don't take it personally, although I know it is hard, because we are hormonal too But, I bet he will come around too!

November 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
He'll be excited if the baby is a girl b/c all he has is brothers on both my side and his Dad's side, so I think if it's a girl he'll change his tune. So will the rest of my family if it's a girl but if it's another boy then I think they will be their same ugly selves!

November 29th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
People really are weird
Just don´t tell them and let them ask

Anyways, to change the grim tone of this conversation... WHEN ARE YOU FINDING OUT!!
It´s killing me!!!

November 29th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I just got off the phone w/ the nurse and my NT scan is scheduled for Dec. 16. I'll be 13 wks 1 day, so I'm going to beg the peri to check. Hopefully we can get a good peek! I'm going crazy too! Deep down I'm certain it'll be another boy but I can't help but still hold out hope for a girl!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search