Who?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2011, 01:45 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Who will attend your baby's birth? For those with a child already, who attended your previous birth/s?

November 29th, 2011, 03:00 AM
kchav314's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband and mom will be there. I also have two nieces, one 18 and one 14, and I'm going to invite them to come if they like. I got to see one of my nieces being born when I was 13, and it was awesome! Good birth control too

November 29th, 2011, 03:07 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Just DH will be there.. he was the only one there with Rylan too. When I had Jacob my mom and Jake's "father" were in the room. I wouldn't mind having family in the room again, but we live so far away that it just can't happen. Having Rylan with just DH there was really special though.. it was so nice to just spend time together with him and our new baby before anyone came to visit.

November 29th, 2011, 03:09 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
My DF & My BF (Whos the God-Mother of our child)

November 29th, 2011, 03:20 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
with my 1st, my DH and Mom were there (vag delivery)
with my 2nd, it was just DH (csection)
with this one, it'll probably be a csection, so just DH again.

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
November 29th, 2011, 03:45 AM
cmom3's Avatar Super Mommy
With my first and my second, DH, my mom, and his mom were in the room
With this one, DH, my mom, and my sister.
And a whole bunch of people outside in the hall way in the past and I'm sure this go round too.
November 29th, 2011, 03:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sophia's Momma
With DD it was my mom and DH and it will probably be the same thing this time as well.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggie!

My Scrapbooking Blog
November 29th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband, my midwife (who has been with me for 10 babies now) and my daughters. (who have also been withe me for a few.) A good friend ask to be present (we have asked her and her husband to be the godparents.) and I told her I'd think about it.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
November 29th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just DH, as we did it the first time. I wouldn't have it any other way

November 29th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Super Mommy
With both DS and DD it was just me, of course , and DH. My Gram wanted to be present at DD's seeing she was out here from Arizona, but I just wanted to recreate how it was with DS. She should be out visiting again when this LO is born so I might consider letting her be there this time. She is 82 and no other Grandkids are close to having children so I will probably be her last chance to attend a birth!

November 29th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It was just DH for the first two, and it will be just DH again this time. With both of the boys, my whole family was in the waiting room, so I'm sure they will be again this time, too.

November 29th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
With my first it was DH and my friend who is god mother was in an out because of work. Once DD was born and being sent to NICU everyone was there within minutes.

With DD2 it was DH and the same friend was there the whole time. We waited to tell everyone we were in labor until she was here

This one.. Will be DH, hopefully hiring a doula, and I am crossing my friends my mom and a friend can both come in from out of town!!

Do not mention on FB
November 29th, 2011, 05:23 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Just hubby and same this time! Don't need a crowd! Hubby is all the support I need and want!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
November 29th, 2011, 05:29 AM
HaydensMa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All the family was waiting with my son but I had a C-section with him so it was just me and the hubbs. I havent decided for sure on a Vbac or just do the c-section again. If I do the vbac I have a friend that wants to be there for my support person b/c my husband isnt really good at it, lol.

Sara Beth-Mommy to Hayden <3

November 29th, 2011, 05:42 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMMy2*VictoRia* View Post
Just hubby and same this time! Don't need a crowd! Hubby is all the support I need and want!!
Ditto!

With DS, my husband at the time, his mom, and my mom was there. I was mortified and their shrieks of excitement ruined my whole experience. I had a horrible labor because of them also. Instead of me relaxing, I had so many people telling me what I should be doing.

With DD, I drove myself to the hospital and labored alone (my ex had left me by this point). It was so peaceful and nice. I loved that it gave me extra bonding time alone with her.

This time it will be just me and DH. I don't want a crowd. I don't want people shrieking with excitement. I don't want to be bothered. I just want my husband to be there so we can share in this experience together. I didn't need people watching me make the baby, and I sure don't want people watching me have him.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 29th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It will be just DH and me, but I can see that if it's taking a while or I get scared, I will ask for my mom! LOL

November 29th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It will just be my husband and I, and of course my midwife. With all my births, it's just been dh and I and it's a wonderful moment when it's just the two of you with your newest creation. Made me tear up just thinking about it!

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

November 29th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Super Mommy
It will be just me and DH with the OB. I know my mom would absolutely love to be there but I don't think I could relax with her there. With my first we waited till we went in and the OB confirmed "a few hours" before telling anyone. We won't be able to wait with this one since we will need a family member to babysit.

If I have a home birth, we won't tell anyone until after the baby is born.
November 29th, 2011, 07:48 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Just SO and I.

My mom attended my birth with DD and all we did the entire time was fight.. No lie! We fought over everything and now joke about how a wonderful birth support/coach she was.

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
November 29th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
UGH, I just typed a long thing and JM crashed. Ok, so DH was the only one in the room when I had DD, but people were in and out of the room while I was laboring, not sure who because I was in and out of sleep and I had her so quickly, my mom barely made it in to say hi before I started pushing The entire NICU team was in the room with me too - I am talking like 10 others...no modesty left there!

This time, it will be just DH and I again when I am actually having her (oops, I guess that shows that I think it's a girl), people will likely be in the waiting room though. They can come in and out of the birthing room until it's time to be examined and time to push

Tags
pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search