Paying to have gender ultrasound done?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Veteran
Hey Ladies! Had my 14 week appt today Everything was great. Took dr a couple min to get a good read on the heartbeat because the baby kept moving and kicking all over! haha Heartbeat was 140!

My next appointment is at 18 weeks. With my last pregnancy, my dr did the gender ultrasound at 18 weeks. He left town last summer so there is a new dr now. He wants to wait until I'm 22 weeks to do gender ultrasound this time.

I was so excited to see if they would do it at 18 weeks again because my appt falls on the day of my husband's birthday! Would have been perfect birthday present )) Was wondering if anyone has gone to a facility here in Ohio and paid to have gender ultrasound done? and how much did it cost? I've heard of people doing it but wasn't sure what places were around like that in Ohio. We are just too impatient to wait another 2 months to find out what we r having and I really thought would be good birthday present to him! Am I crazy?? LOL

Jaylin Grace♥ {Oct.8, 2009}

Jaxson David James ☺[May 31, 2012]

Last edited by JRide26; November 29th, 2011 at 02:43 PM.
November 29th, 2011, 03:33 PM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
I don't think you are crazy... I have been tempted to pay for any u/s in December but I know that it's not cheap in AK to have an u/s so it would be pointless to pay for an u/s and then 2 or 3 weeks later have another one that I have to pay for too (I have a high deductible for my insurance).
November 29th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Veteran
Wow, ya that's crazy! I found a place about 40 minutes from where we live and they do gender ultrasounds..says its $65 and get pictures with it. Also says if they don't figure out what the baby is at that appointment, then you get to come back for free until they can tell what the baby is. Im honestly tempted to do it just because I really wanted to find out for my husbands birthday and since the dr wont do it then, just might have to do it this way! lol!

Jaylin Grace♥ {Oct.8, 2009}

Jaxson David James ☺[May 31, 2012]
November 29th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
Do it!! We are Already made my appointment. They do it at 16 weeks 4 days and on. So I made it for Jan 14th at 10am. Can't come fast enough!!
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
November 29th, 2011, 04:13 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I did one in Las Vegas years ago with my DS (he's 10 now), and it was $100 back then. The $65 one is cheap. I'd call around if I was you.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 29th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Super Mommy
I have a feeling I may find out sooner since they seem to be doing u/s every two weeks. Apparently they are classifying me as high risk (gets the insurance to cover 100% and my deductible is satisfied anyway until Jan 1st). Otherwise they are $50 for the normal u/s and 150 for the transvag
November 29th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Veteran
I'm still considering it even though we scheduled my scan at the doctors for Jan 10th... so just 6 weeks from now. I could get a scan in 2 weeks though, they guarantee it from 14 weeks on at the place I went to with my DD. I'm waffling... I'll probably end up waiting though I'd love to know sooner. The cost for just the 2D gender scan is $55 here.

Savannah 1/23/09
Lucas 4/27/12
November 29th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Anxious New Mommy
I've thought about it...just to be able to announce it at Christmas...the only place that does it here though is $95. I just don't know if it's worth it to know 2 weeks ahead of time.

November 29th, 2011, 06:23 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never done it in Ohio, but here in CA most will do it at 14 or 15 weeks and it costs about $50 for just the gender u/s with some pictures etc.. I say do it! SO worth it!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 29th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well we're not finding out the gender, so I don't have to worry about that.

I am debating on whether we will do a 4D U/S this time though. They didn't have them around here when we had DS#1. We had one done with DS#2 bc DH wasn't able to go to my big U/S with me. I guess we'll wait and see...

November 30th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't have a specific gender scan scheduled, but we have a 20 week u/s scheduled that they said if the baby cooperates, we can find out. How do you find a place that will do it sooner? What do you search under?

November 30th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The 22 week one that he will be doing is actually the anatomy scan, it is to make sure everything is growing properly and baby is measuring on time. The reason many people think it is a gender scan is because it just so happens that they can tell the gender by then. I am not finding out the gender because we want it to be a surprise, so we will not be doing an extra one. We almost did an extra 4D u/s with DD, just to have those awesome pics, but we opted against it, 1. because it was too far to make it worth it and 2. because it was expensive.

November 30th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
I have my appointment in 6 days at Ultrasona in Columbus,Oh!! Cant wait. I have been there before and its amazing. They are 1 of the top 10 in the nation and guarantee gender from 14+ weeks.

November 30th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to call tomorrow to make an appt for mine. I did it with DS2 at 16wks. They charge $75 for a 2d one around here. I'm definitely going to do the 3d later on this time too since this might be our last baby. Although I won't have my appt until I'm about 17 wks since DH won't be back in town until then.

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
December 1st, 2011, 06:45 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really would like to have one done as well. I figure they can't be wrong on the gender with a 4D ultrasound,right? lol Otherwise I have to wait until 20wks. But they are very expensive here. I'm asking around.

To answer your question, if it was $100 or less and you got to know the baby's gender two to three weeks earlier...I'd do it. 3 weeks is a lot of days. lol

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

December 1st, 2011, 09:54 AM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingfor3 View Post
I really would like to have one done as well. I figure they can't be wrong on the gender with a 4D ultrasound,right? lol Otherwise I have to wait until 20wks. But they are very expensive here. I'm asking around.

To answer your question, if it was $100 or less and you got to know the baby's gender two to three weeks earlier...I'd do it. 3 weeks is a lot of days. lol
Yes 3 or 4 weeks early PLUS the guarantee to find out! I decided against the 3D with my daughter and waited until my 18 week appointment. Longest wait of my LIFE. Only for them to tell me they "think" its a girl but not sure. So I ended up getting a 3D anyway just to be 100% certain and the tech was great she showed me the gender multiple times in 2D and 3D and made me feel very confident!

Also Jride if you are seriously considering getting one done in Ohio then check out Ultrasona Columbus. They are fantastic and if you go on youtube type in Malia Grace ultrasound and you can see a gender ultrasound done at 14 weeks from there.

December 1st, 2011, 11:15 AM
Dishersgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
around here all you get is 3D imaging but the prices range from 50 during the week with 10 pictuers to 200 With all sort of deals on the weekend with cds and pictures and what not. My doctor gives me a CD for every US so im not worried about it. but we arent finding out the gender Which seems to be killing everyone more than its killing us

Baby Due July 27
Guinevere 2 years old!
Trinity 3 years
Aric 9 years
Kendall 13 years

Holly 30 Benjamin 40

December 1st, 2011, 04:24 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Search for 3d ultrasound places Mrsmommydtobe. Although they do the gender in 2D, its more accurate. and I would recommend waiting until baby is bigger for a 3D when the fat deposits come in a bit more and it looks more baby like.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search