1st appointment

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Super Mommy
So it looks like I finally get my first appointment. We have an intake interview appointment for Dec. 13th, but then our first official Dr.'s appointment is Dec. 20th. You know I will only be 14 weeks 3 days isn't that the norm??!!! Haha j/k Better late than never I guess. I am just hoping I get an ultrasound at some point. I have to see a midwife which I am not happy about, but I don't think I have a choice in the matter. Please don't get me wrong I have no issues with midwives just the ones that are in the clinic at the hospital. They are from my Dr.'s practice and we had tons of issues with them when we were pg with DD. Too long to get into right now. This having no real insurance and having to be on state aid really sucks. It makes me feel like a second rate citizen just because my husband is out of work so long that we lost insurance coverage through his union. I am just afraid I am not going to get the care my baby deserves because we don't have real insurance. I hope I am wrong about that.

November 29th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a medical card when I was pregnant with DS#1 because we weren't married and I was dropped from my parents' insurance. I wasn't treated any differently by anyone because of it. I really hate that you're feeling that way! Hopefully once you get in to your first appointment they'll make you feel more at ease and you won't feel second-class anymore.

November 29th, 2011, 05:11 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I feel you. I am uninsured though. I did not qualify for Medicaid or their CHIP program. I was over the limit by a few dollars because of my unemployment. I was not dropping my unemployment for that. We'd be even more screwed. I had me adn the kids on my insurance with my last job, only to lose it. It was too late for open enrollment on my hubby's insurance too. I tried self pay monthly insurance too for the kid's sake, but we just cannot afford it. I emptied my savings trying to keep my kid's insured. It just p*sses me off that a few dollars of month keeps us from getting medical care. *sigh* I even had to stop my son's ADHD meds, because I cannot afford $180 a month for them.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 29th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Super Mommy
That is horrible. I'm so sorry. I wish they could have just "tweaked" the financing so that you could qualify. I am a stay at home mom so with me having no income and DH on unemployment (at least until even that runs out) we at least qualified for help. I am still not sure what is or isn't covered. I guess that is something they will discuss with us in our first appt. that they said will be 2 1/2 to 3 hours long. The kids have had coverage since April 2010 and thankfully everything including medication is covered with no out of pocket expense.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search