Answering All Your Questions!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2011, 10:22 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
It's 12:58am here. Good enough

1. You were a young 1st time mama, how did your parents/family take it/SO's parents/family take it? My mom was mad, but bought me a 2nd test and glared at me when I cried because it was, obviously, positive. My stepdad didn't speak to me for a day, then came home and hugged me. The rest of my family..well, the warmed up to it. DD's father's parents threatened a law suit.

2. What is your favorite thing to do for fun? I play random games online in my spare time. Once we move, I want to get back into drawing and guitar. I'm really artsy.

3. How many children do you/SO want? I want 3, possibly, and he'd probably agree to anything we can afford

4. I may have forgotten this (blame it on the pg brain) - are you a SAHM, in school, working? I'm a SAHM. I just graduated this past may actually I went to night school to finish getting my diploma. I applied to probably 50+ places and got ONE interview.. that ended with no job. I even had connections! So I'll be a SAHM until the baby is a bit older.. 2 maybe?

5. How many siblings do you have and are they brothers or sisters or both? I have 6. My mom has 2 girls (7+9yrs old), my father has 3 with his current girlfriend (ages..I may be wrong.. haven't seen them in almost 2 years.. 10, 11 almost 12 and...3?) and I have a stillborn sister (my father+his ex girlfriends) who would be 15.

6. What is one place that you have never been and are dying to go to and why? Australia or England! I'm 50% English and would love to explore there..and Australia because it just sounds neat

7. Who is one person you want to meet in the entire world and why? Hmm... I'm not really sure! I don't think I'd actually want to meet anyone.. I'm super shy in person and get nervous meeting new people.

* is Ashlynn's daddy still around in the sense that he helps support or is it now just you with SO and Ashlynn? Nope. He stopped talking to me when I was 6w with her. He has no idea she is even a girl, or her name, what she looks like. nothing. I prefer it that way though. Shortly before finding out I was pregnant, he showed signs of being potentially physically abusive. He threw his bike in my direction out of anger and broke it. SO is all Ashlynn needs in terms of a father.

* whats your favorite thing to do as a "family" lately? Anything really We enjoy lazy days the most though. Just relaxing and enjoying time together.

What advice would you give to a 1st time mom? RELAX! Don't listen to anyone else religiously. Not your mother, your pediatrician.. NOBODY. You can take their advice, obviously, but in the end only YOU know your child best. Instinct is 100000x better than anything anyone could ever tell you.

Are you hoping for a girl or boy? Boy for sure!! SO wants a girl though

- Are you looking to get married with SO at some point or do you prefer to see how it goes first? I'm seeing how it goes. TBH, I'm not "Straight". I'm actually a lesbian But I am attracted to him and have cared for him for many many years now. We had problems before, so if all goes well we may very well get married. But I need to be 100000000% sure.

- How old is your SO? (maybe you already answered this but I can´t remember ) He's 22, 23 in February.

- If you can choose to be one thing in the world and can do it tomorrow (as in, profession/occupation), what would that be? Hmm... I want to be an author. Or a L&D nurse.

- How do you see yourself in 5 years? Sane, hopefully. I'm hoping living comfortably in a nice home, decorated, eating dinner as a family and having a lot of family activities. Simple things really. I'm pretty simple when it comes to what I want.

- Name 3 things you would take to a deserted island
Food.
Water.
Ashlynn.
Anything electronic can't be charged, unfortunately. Unless there's a secret electric hookup?!

- What´s your favorite food? Hahahaha what ISN'T my favorite food might be easier! I love almost all fruits and veggies the most. And no-bake cheesecakes in mini graham cracker crusts!

- Do you like to read or prefer movies? I prefer to read. Not much of a movie/tv fan.

- Do you get along with your inlaws? how about Ashlynn*´s grandparents? (from dad´s side) I get along with SO (Dylan)'s parents pretty well so far. Ashlynn's grandparents and I don't talk.

*If you could ask for any present for Christmas, money was no issue, what would it be? Can I ask for money? Hmm... A 3-4br, fully furnished house with a nice yard to garden in!

*What is/are your favorite TV show/s? House and Degrassi is all I watch unless you count Little Einsteins, 3rd and Bird, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, etc.

*How did you find JM? I was looking for a forum to ask advice about my sister when I was pregnant with DD. She was acting up horribly and I wanted to find a solution before DD was old enough to copy her. JM lured me in with it's pretty colors and so many boards!

*If you could chose your DD career path, what would it be? Anything she wants, as long as she's happy.

*How do you like to pamper yourself? I sleep every so often And shower. I'm more of a "Tomboy", so I don't do much in terms of pampering other than the occasional (every 6 months) haircut.

- Have you ever met anyone famous? Not that I know of/can remember.

- Where were you born? MA A boring old hospital that I dislike nowadays. It's in a terrible city.

-What's your favorite food? I did this one

- What kinds of hobbies do you like to do? Sleep, eat, go online.. uuhhmm.. Read when I have a book and some time to myself, go for walks, draw when I have time, and fishing. I love to fish

-What's your favorite restaurant? The 99!! YUM!

- What's your pet peeve? Ahhh so many. People who pretend to care when it benefits them, but when you need them they disappear or are suddenly busy, people who make up elaborate stories for attention. Though some things I say may seem a little weird (let's just say my parents/sisters everyday life is very atypical), I do not EVER lie. On JM anyways. Yes, IRL I do lie occasionally. I kept the fact that SO and I were NTNP quiet because I really didn't need more bashing than I already got for being pregnant in the first place.
And people who judge not only openly, but loudly. Judge quietly if you must, but it's just unfair to everyone else to judge loudly. Especially about homosexuality. It's such a hot topic, but being gay myself, it hurt when my father's mother was "Praying" I'd become "normal"..

What's your favorite movie? The Crow and The Lost Boys. I was definitely born in the wrong year!

WOW that was long.
Sorry!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
November 30th, 2011, 04:33 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
I feel like I know u so much better now!!!! Thanks so much for sharing Kailey! U didn't have to answer all questions but it's great that u did anyways!! I'm sorry about Ashlynn's father but I totally understand why u did and kept it that way. She will have great ppl raising her now!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

November 30th, 2011, 04:57 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Loved reading your answers. I know you so much better now.

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
November 30th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for answering You sound like a very mature 19 year old - Ashlynn and LO are very lucky to have you as their mama!

November 30th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Very cool to read all these answers!
Wonderful to meet you !
November 30th, 2011, 07:45 AM
duckies0's Avatar Maggie's Mommy
I feel like I know you so much better, too! Thank you for being so honest and open.

November 30th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for answering!! It´s been really fun to read
Can I add another question?
Have you ever considered the possibility of being Bi-sexual instead of just gay?
Because I have gay friends and some actually went from gay to bisexual when they realized that in fact they can be attracted to both sexes
Oh and one more please, haha... when did you find out about your attraction to women and were you attracted to Ashlynn´s dad or was that just experimentation as well?

No need to answer if I got too personal! haha
I am just a curious person

November 30th, 2011, 09:05 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Thank you for sharing! I love learning about new people!

November 30th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This was fun to read! Great to get to know you!

November 30th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Have you ever considered the possibility of being Bi-sexual instead of just gay? Actually, I considered myself bisexual until shortly after Ashlynn was born and it kind of hit me that when everyone is drooling over Jacob in Twilight, I was drooling over Alice..and Edward's body hair horrified me. I HATE body hair on men. SO has very, very little (some fuzz on his chest) and if he had more, I probably wouldn't be with him. I just don't have any attraction to men other than Dylan. Prior to him, I was in a relationship with a woman. We had plans for the future, but it didn't work out.

when did you find out about your attraction to women and were you attracted to Ashlynn´s dad or was that just experimentation as well?
I was 14 when I really realized it, but thinking back I had crushes on a lot of female actresses growing up. I can't remember off the top of my head who right now, but I'm pretty sure i always "knew" but REALLY knew when I had my first crush on a girl I actually knew personally.
And I actually don't think I was attracted to him. That ones a long story, but I'll leave it at I was on some medications for insomnia from the passing of a cat we'd had since I was 3 years old, as well as not making the best choices, so I didn't think. At all. He's not very attractive by anyone's standards

I have no problems answering questions about my sexuality Since I know it's confusing.. Heck, it confuses ME most of the time. So feel free to ask anything you'd like!

And thanks everyone I have fun answering questions. Gives me something to do

November 30th, 2011, 11:05 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Thanks so much for sharing!!

And its very common for lesbian women or gay men to still be their own sexuality but be attracted to one or two of the opposite sex. Sexuality doesnt need to have a title its very personal

Oh and Im soo with you (being bisexual myself) Alice is stunning!! My DF gets jealous when I watch twilight just to see her

November 30th, 2011, 04:49 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Loved reading through the questions!! And I don't think its confusing at all =) I have never admitted it really to anyone, but I possibly consider myself bisexual as well. Although, I am married, and attracted to men and have never dated a woman. I do have a very strong attraction to women also. I used to love Shane from the L word. Did you ever watch that? I mean normally, I would like your typical "lip stick lesbian" but something about Shane was SO hot. lol

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 30th, 2011, 06:14 PM
lromkee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing.

November 30th, 2011, 09:30 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
What random games are you playing online? dh does that a lot.

November 30th, 2011, 09:39 PM
LOL Well mainly Fb ones like Sims Social, but I also occasionally play kids games like Babydow, Howrse, or anything I can find from googling "Random pointless games"
I'm easily amused

And I've never actually watched the L Word.
But I must say, there was a show on The N (Now Teennick) called South Of Nowhere and the character Ashley (Mandy Musgrave) is gorgeous!!!

November 30th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Ah I play the Sims Social too.

What kind of jobs were you applying for? Will you be applying for the same kind when you try again, in a couple years?

November 30th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Actually, here's a photo of her

November 30th, 2011, 09:43 PM
With your s/n I thought you were in New Zeland and then I saw it says New England. So how'd you come up with the screen name?

November 30th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I applied anywhere I could think of. Target, Walmart, Dunkin Donuts, Cumberland Farms (convenience store..think this one is only in the northeast... not sure?), burger king, mcdonalds, wendys, CVS, Walgreens..
I even stopped by some places and asked to speak to the manager. Who was oddly never there. Left my # for them to call, got no calls...
I'll be getting a job if/when we need more money, or when the kiddos are a bit older. I want to keep them out of daycare as long as possible.

Editing to add; My best friend gave me the nickname Kiwi a while back because I LOVE kiwifruits. So when pregnant with Ashlynn I put Kiwi+Mommy together to get Kiwimommy. It was to get used to the "Mommy" title. I've been considering changing it because Kiwi= someone from New Zealand, which I am not.

Last edited by KiwiMommy; November 30th, 2011 at 09:47 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search