Dr's office vent..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2011, 11:13 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
So I had an appt yesterday and was REALLY hoping they'd at least check the baby with the doppler.
Instead, the nurse said it won't work until 15w and the doctor said "Anyone who thinks they hear a heartbeat that early is hearing their own heart" which is obviously untrue.
So he said he'd have his office call me in the morning for an ultrasound appt. He said it'll probably be tomorrow (which is today) or at WORST, thursday.
So I let SO know so he could take the day off and come see his baby.
They not only didn't call me but instead called my mom (after I told them to call my number, gave it to them, and asked them to take hers off of the file) and told her the appt is FRIDAY at 9am.

So SO can't get the day off since he took today off I'm so angry right now. I just wish they had called ME early enough that SO didn't take the day off and could have come to see his little one.
Can't wait to change to a midwife No crazy appt mess ups and "My nurse will call you tomorrow to set up an appt"
Sorry, it's driving me crazy and nobody else would really "Get" it.. haha

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
November 30th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure that it is necessarily that you are using an OB right now, my doc office is really good about calling/scheduling, sometimes it is just inept nurses and docs...lol! I hope the midwife office treats you better, because that is so irritating! I would call them back and say, look, you told me this, he took today off, isn't there some way to get me in today? Maybe they have had a cancellation by now? And I would also call and let them know the mistake in who they called, that is actually against HIPAA for them to even talk to anyone other you, unless you gave them permission to leave such info with her...

November 30th, 2011, 11:27 AM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I COMPLETLY understand!!!! Sounds like your Dr and my Dr share the same inept staff!!!! The most frustrating thing w/ this new "we'll call you w/ the appt" is that you have absolutely NO SAY in when it is and the subsequently have to rearrange your own schedule. It's very inconvenient!

November 30th, 2011, 12:21 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
This is why I changed doctors. My last one was really indifferent to my needs, and was quick to get me out of her hair by shooing me off on a RE (a terrible one at that). I love this one so much better. Her nurses are really nice, but they can get scheduling mixed up for cancellations. It has been twice now they have called for an appointment reminder for an appointment that has been moved to another day. Lol.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 30th, 2011, 03:31 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
The Dr is nice, but I think he leaves everything to his nurses..and from what I remember with DD, his receptionists (If they're scheduling everything) are pretty rude and don't seem to care about much.
He has his own website and everything, so he's "Well-known"..but I don't agree with how he practices medicine and I believe he also has a high c-section rate. So I went to him because he's nice, forgot about how crazy he is. My mom did a lot of the scheduling with DD because I was 17. Now I'm doing it all myself and I feel so clueless!
I didn't call them back, but I will be speaking with them about NOT calling my mother anymore. They told her they called me and my inbox was full.. It isn't, that's the house phone.. also a number I told them to remove because it doesn't work and hasn't for months now.
I guess in the end I'm still excited. I DO get to see the baby

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search