Would Like Suggestions and Opinions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2011, 01:59 PM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so I've made a rough list of girl names, but I need serious opinions (you won't hurt my feelings) and LOTS of suggestions.

My 2 DDs have unisex names, so some of the names on my list trip me up because they are ultra-feminine and I think they might sound funny with my DDs' names. Also, I tend to like names that aren't very common, but aren't off-the-wall either.

Larkin (yet DH hates)
Annalise
Alexa/Alexandria "Alex"
Catherine
Samantha
Logan
Hollis
Christa
Alyssa
Erin

My REAL problem is that none of these names Jump out at me as THE name! ugh

thanks

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
November 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE Annalise, if I weren't set on my girl name, that would definitely be on my list. I also think Hollis is really cute and different

November 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE Hollis - it's pretty and I think it could go as a boys name too. It's also not trendy and popular, which makes me like it even more! I actually do know a girl who named her daughter Hollis and she is a gorgeous little girl! I knew a girl named Logan in high school, but I always thought that was a little more boyish, maybe because she was tom boyish - I do like the name though!

I also like Alexa, not so much Alexandria, but maybe Alexandra? And if it were a boy, you could use Alexander.

I tend to love the name Kennedy too, I just can't use it because, as mentioned before, I have a Reagan and I can't use 2 president's names I also like Carter - it's my mom's name, I think it could be used for a girl or a boy.

November 30th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, Hollis is not too trendy. I hope and hope that "my" name doesn't end up being trendy before I have a chance to use it! LOL Isn't that a weird thing to say? Long, long ago I had always planned on using Madeline, but then that because so popular that I won't use it now.

November 30th, 2011, 02:32 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
My vote goest to Annalise Logan Good luck picking!!

November 30th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Super Mommy
I love the names Larkin and Annalise. We picked the name Eden out for my first DD with the thought that it's not too common and easy to say and spell. I haven't met another Eden but I have seen the name used a few times in the past year.

I totally get your idea of uncommon but not off the wall either. That's pretty much the same way we pick.

I had both the names Annalise and Adalaide picked out for DD. I love the nickname options of both names.
November 30th, 2011, 03:26 PM
ashbbrunton's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did a photo shoot recently for a Hollis. I think it's becoming more known and popular! I like it! I like the sound of Larkin, but think I would presonally like it better as just Lakin. Catherine for some reason sounds like an old name to me and I'm not a fan of Erin...all of that being said...I like the rest!!

Thank You so much Typical Vampire for my Gorgeous Siggy!!!!

November 30th, 2011, 03:33 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I picked out Eden for if we have a girl, but dh wants it as a middle name. I love Annalise! My friend's daughter is named that. I think it is beautiful. On a side note my sister's SIL is naming her daughter Brielle. I thought that was pretty.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 30th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbbrunton View Post
I did a photo shoot recently for a Hollis. I think it's becoming more known and popular! I like it! I like the sound of Larkin, but think I would presonally like it better as just Lakin. Catherine for some reason sounds like an old name to me and I'm not a fan of Erin...all of that being said...I like the rest!!
hmmm Lakin....interesting. I might have to add that one to the potential list. thanks!!

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
November 30th, 2011, 03:41 PM
On a side note, Hollis was the name of the transgender FLDS leader on Big Love. That just reminded me about that. I loved that show.

November 30th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
On a side note, Hollis was the name of the transgender FLDS leader on Big Love. That just reminded me about that. I loved that show.
Never seen the show, but that wouldn't bother us. Heck, we've even thrown around the name Dexter for a boy....and our favorite show IS Dexter.

November 30th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i think Alexa is adorable...but thats prob cause my boy name is Alexander. Either way I love that name
November 30th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Dexter would be awesome! I love that show too! Plus he is so hot.

November 30th, 2011, 03:58 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like a lot of the names! Alex being my favorite for a subset with other gender neutral names. Just wanted to add, Tristen/Tristan, Cameron/Kamryn, Ryan/Ryann (Was supposed to be my dd name, changed it at the last minute) hmm I also know a girl named Tyler. Always love it on her. Names are so hard. I hope you find the one that says YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrunnr View Post
Never seen the show, but that wouldn't bother us. Heck, we've even thrown around the name Dexter for a boy....and our favorite show IS Dexter.
Favorite show is Dexter & I really love the name too. It's def one I would consider too!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

November 30th, 2011, 04:13 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
My fave out of those is Annalise!! such a pretty name!! We had Alyssa on our list but DH has a cousin with that name so it came off I like Alexa too! The A names! Hehehe

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

TTC #4 Hoping to catch that first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
November 30th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hollis... I looove it... it might have to join my list lol... I have to spell hollys since all our kids are spelled with 'y'
November 30th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Veteran
annalise!!! very pretty
November 30th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need to know your DD's names first to get an idea. What are they?

November 30th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazona View Post
I need to know your DD's names first to get an idea. What are they?
Evan & Quinn

November 30th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
I love love love Alexandria it is beautiful! If this is a girl I am using it for her middle name. My friend likes unisex girl names and her girls are Deryn and Rhyce (Pronounced Reece). Also in my last DDC there was a girl named Dylan and my friend has a girl named Peyton.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search