just wondering if any of you have felt the same

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Regular
Hi Ladies
Yesterday was my 2nd prenatal appointment. We briefly heard baby's faint heartbeat for a couple seconds. so yay it is alive and well. The second part of my appointment is why there is a warning. My doctor had waited to do the internal exam until this appointment. I had had a pap done in July and those results were good.
This time the whole experience was not a positive for me. First she tried the wrong sized inserter jack you open thing, ouch. The right sized one hurt a bit too. there were a whole bunch of sticks she needed to use to test a whole bunch of things. she started her thing and then it just got to be too much and too uncomfortable and painful and i freaked out and couldn't relax and just started bawling on the table. has anyone else not been able to complete this? My normal pap tests are uncomfortable but bearable. are my hormones and being pregnant just making this part of me even more sensitive? are there any other ways of getting the tests she needs done without her having to stick those things up my vagina? she told me she had got the important one done but not the STD ones done. Though i doubt that would be an issue to begin with as my hubby and i have only slept with each other. Sorry about the TMI. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar experience. I felt like a failure and was frusterated that i couldn't finish it. anyways. thats all for now.
November 30th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have the right to wave the STD ones. I did. I let them do it the first time around and I have no idea why. This time I just decided it was a waste of my time and money, so I declined and they were totally fine with that. DH is my one and only as well, so being tested is just ridiculous IMO since we are both faithful and have been together for 14 years.

Internal checks are never comfortable while prego. I'm sorry you have such a bad experience.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 30th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had the STD ones, but not because I thought I had them, I didn't even realize they were doing them, mine were not uncomfortable, but I seem to be abnormal when it comes to stuff like that - when I had my IUD placed, my doc was amazed that I was not in any pain, guess stuff going in doesn't hurt as much as stuff coming out for me - lol! Ok, sorry, TMI Anyways, it is very likely that it was caused by the fact that the first speculum she used (the inserter jack you open thing - btw, this made me giggle!) was too big. That may have caused initial irritation and made for the rest of the exam to be uncomfortable, I wouldn't call you a failure, I would call your doc one, she should have been able to see that it was too big before she began or at least comforted you when you are in discomfort and balling, letting you know that was why! I am sorry that you had to go through that, but don't worry, if you aren't at risk for STD, you don't need those tests!

Side story - when my doc's nurse called wtih my bw results, she said, well you don't have chlamydia or gonorrhea (um, thanks, could have told you that!), my response, oh, well that is a good thing! HAHA!

November 30th, 2011, 09:42 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Why did she even do an internal if she had a heartbeat without blood and a recent pap?

November 30th, 2011, 09:52 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I actually decided against one this time. The one I had with DD was horrible, and I never went for one after that, tbh.. They make me nervous and by Gyno at the time was REALLY insensitive because I was a young mother. She informed me that she'd be removing a skin tag the next time I went to see her, despite me saying No.. So needless to say she never saw me again.
This time, I just figured that whatever they may "find" can't be treated until the pregnancy is over anyways and I don't have an std. I know that for a fact.
I'm much more of a wimp. I won't even let them touch me!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
December 1st, 2011, 03:34 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't understand why they needed to do a pap if you just had one (with good results) in july?!?

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
December 1st, 2011, 04:49 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Its understandable, and your hormones are raging. Im sure its not the first time this has happend to your gyno. I cry everytime I hear the hb or see the baby. So it happens! lol

December 1st, 2011, 05:59 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dr only does cervix checks and she doesn´t need those plastic things.
As for STDs, my dr does blood work only (since I had a pap in February that was normal).
I don´t understand why they would put you through all that.

And don´t feel bad for crying or being uncomfortable. It´s a combination of hormones, increased blood flow in your vagina (that makes everything more sensitive) and being scared.
I would´ve cried too

December 1st, 2011, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You have the right to decline any and all of these - it is perfectly acceptable to have a prenatal appointment and keep your clothes on!

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
December 1st, 2011, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Actually, come to think of it, they didn't use the speculum on me either, they just did the quick swab and that was it. I had had a recent pap too with normal results, in July, my doc office always does the STD testing unless you tell them not to. I didn't even think to decline it, even though I know I don't have any.

December 1st, 2011, 08:17 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I have mine check my cervix each time I go in, but only because I have had a LEEP procedure and I am afraid of incompetent cervix. Mine never hurt. I didn't get a PAP either, and mine only ran blood work. Maybe she was just rough with you. I'm sorry that it hurt.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
December 1st, 2011, 08:51 AM
Regular
thanks ladies My doctor is sweet and she gave me a hug and appologized for hurting me. I didn't know I had the option of refusing those type of tests. I would much prefer to not have to spread em for doctors appointments. it would definatly make the whole experience better.

Quick question.
I usually have cereal first thing when I wake up and I think the milk actually makes me feel kinda nauseas for a while, I tried to just eat frozen blueberries this morning and i don't feel nauseas. Anyone feel the same way?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search