Emotional...(venting)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 11:01 AM
Super Mommy
I have been so emotional and tired the past couple of days...I just feel so overwhelmed and yet so unmotivated. When I think of all I need to do the feeling of being overwhelmed makes me tear up - I really feel like I just want to cry. It's so weird.

My house is a complete disaster and we are having a sleeopever for my daughter's birthday on Sat. Since I got back I have had photo shoots and editing to catch up on. DF keeps saying he'll help me around the house but then doesn't. I know when I start cleaning he will too, but I don;t understand why he can't clean up while I am working on the computer or away at a shoot or laying down feeling nauseas. It would help my mental state so much if the house wasn't such a depressing mess.

December 1st, 2011, 11:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can totally relate! Our house, especially our guest room is a total disaster! DH is out of work and home all day, usually with nothing to do, unless he has homework. I make comments about, oh this needs to be done, that needs to be done, but it doesn't get done, unless I start doing it. Men He does do the dishes and the laundry, but the guest room is mostly a disaster due to him, he cleaned out his man cave and all of the c*&# ended up in there, I finally asked him today to move the big stuff and I would work on the other little stuff (I do have some stuff in there too, but not much, just can't get in there til the big stuff is moved) tonight - my mom is coming tomorrow afternoon and she needs a place to sleep! UGH!

I hope that you are able to relax a bit and he helps you more! It's so hard trying to get everything done by yourself or having them wait until they physically see you doing it...grrr!!

December 1st, 2011, 11:20 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I feel you. My house is a disaster and I have just not had the energy to do anything with it. My sister really irked me the other day by telling me to quit milking it and actually get things done. I was livid. I really need to clean my floors, but everytime I try to, my back hurts. I think DH is letting people like my sister influence him also. He called this morning and asked if the floors were clean yet. I got pretty mad. I had already swept them, but don't call to ask if they are clean or not. Grrrr...

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
December 1st, 2011, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Tell him, no, I just threw up on them, you coming home to mop that up? LOL!!

December 1st, 2011, 04:56 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i agree on the house is a mess thing. i work go to school full time and have a 5 year old i have no energy! when i have spare time im either attempting to sleep or working on homework. its even harder now cause its the end of the semester and theres way more work. ill tell my husband that it would be nice if he could do a load of dishes and ill come home and hes washed a bowl. i give up. he does do the dishes and clean sometimes though so thats a plus
December 1st, 2011, 05:00 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry your feeling this way. I too can totally relate. We are having our gender party with our families sunday and my house is a freaking disaster. I feel stressed out and overwhelmed by life right now and totally unmotivated. I hope DH starts to pick up some of the slack for you!! The hormones just really makes everything so complicated.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

December 2nd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Super Mommy
He was supposed to go into work at 11:30 today. I woke up at 6:30 and someone had already called and asked him to come in at 8:30 instead. Awesome. I was going to have him at least clean the kitchen and floors this morning, as I am having a client over at 2:30.

Now I have had to take two kids to two different schools at two different times (one had cupcakes for her birthday) and I had errands to run, so I just got back. I am taking a short breather and drinking a bottle of water before I now will begin cleaning the entire house (and we are talking hurricane style pig-sty, both cluttered AND dirty) by myself when I should be working. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

I usually let things go. I hate being a nag. I like peace and happiness. But today, I let my unhappiness show. I wish I could have been even MORE open and honest about how pi$$ed I am and not just from today, from the entire week, the month, etc.

I guess it's the hormones because I remember being this way with my other pregnancies, but I just have no tolerace anymore for holding back. I have been saying we need weeding and mulch by the front door for months. So fine, I will just do it myself. I went to Kmart and got two heavy bags of mulch today. Let him feel like crap when he comes home and sees I just finally gave up and did it myself.

December 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
UGH, I have the weed issue too - they are so tall, I squashed them with my feet so they didn't stand so high - there are just a couple, but they are huge and they are the prickly kind, so I refuse to pull them, I did ALL of the rest, so I have let them go. My mom is coming today, hope she doesn't notice...haha! I swept the foyer and kitchen last night and put all of DD's clothes away, even went through her drawers and closet and pulled stuff out that doesn't fit her anymore. He had barely done anything by the time I got home...his excuse, he wasn't feeling 100%...ummm, hello!? ANyways, today he started to do some of the stuff, realized when he went to take the trash to the dumpster it wasn't there, so he had to go to the dump (we save money by not having trash service right now), then he was cleaning the guest room (probably in a huff) and knocked the DVD player off of the tv and it broke, so he was in a bad mood...I don't feel one bit of sorry for him...haha!

I hope you are able to relax a bit and I hope he feels bad when he sees all that you have done!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search