*Possibly* Have an OB (Long)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 11:55 AM
Super Mommy
So apparently I can't stay off JM....it's an addiction lol, also my professors have given me extensions on all four of my papers so I now have more time to procrastinate

So my doctor (I use this term loosely because I can only go to the University Health Clinic so care is spotty at best) was supposed to send off referrals when I found out I was pregnant almost 8 weeks ago, I found out last week that she only did it last week and in Toronto, most OBs are full within 9 months of the due date I have discovered. So, because I have no way of reaching my doctor if I have a problem (she only works twice a week and you can't actually talk to anyone, just leave a message for the nurses), I took it on myself to find an OB.

My friend's aunt works L&D at one of the hospitals here so she got me the #s of all the OBs she likes and I started calling them, one of the receptionists actually called me stupid for waiting until I was 12 weeks to find someone. So finally, I got someone to give me the number of another doctor to try because he's new in town. By this point I was in tears. But the receptionist was so nice, I explained about the clinic at school and she just said "OK, take a deep breath here's what we're going to do..." and she walked me through what I needed to do to get all the paperwork from the clinic doctor. She took down my name and told me to send her a copy of everything I sent my doctor so that she could hold a spot for me.

She even called me back to confirm that she'd gotten my fax and that I'd done everything right. AND she said that if I hadn't heard from her in a week (because she hadn't gotten the referral) then I should just call and she'd book me anyway and worry about the paperwork later.

So...huge sigh of relief...it looks like I probably have an OB, at the hospital I want, AND who's office is just down the street (by total coincidence)
December 1st, 2011, 12:15 PM
duckies0's Avatar Maggie's Mommy
Hah! I can't stay off, either. That is great news about a very possible OB!! I'm sure this has been so very stressful for you. I'm glad you've finally got some good news. It is so nice when things start to fall into place.

December 1st, 2011, 01:25 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Sounds like you have an OB! Good job on taking it into your own hands and getting the job done! Sometimes that's the only way it will happen!

December 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I'm sorry that they put you through so much. I am glad though that all your hard work paid off!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search