low cervix??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2011, 11:15 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Hey ladies-

So, I am a little worried.. I went to put in my progesterone suppository today and noticed that my cervix is like REALLY low, soft and slightly open ( I know it's always going to be slightly open because of my vaginal birth with my son) But it sorta freaked me out how low it was!
I called my mom and she said that she always had the same thing and even ended up with a prolapsed uterus after 3 kids, but I was just curious if any of you are experiencing this, or if I should be worried?
I have had ZERO cramping or spotting

I called my RE, and they said I should ask my OB when I see them... It's too early to be an incompetent cervix... I called my OB and am still waiting to hear back.
I don't know, maybe it's nothing, but it just really freaked me out at first. Could it be because it's twins?
December 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea. My cervix goes low then high and so forth. It depends on the day, if i have some bowel to pass (tmi) and so forth. Im glad you put in a call. I hope its nothing to worry about. It could be cus its twins and pushing your uterus all around, the cervix is attached. Sorry.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

December 7th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Veteran
mine is high on some days and low on others and I don;t know why.

December 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
the nurse called back, she said she wasn't sure that I knew what a cervix felt like?? ( yeah, right) and that even if it is that low, it's fine. The babies couldn't put too much pressure on it that it would cause any damage or anything... in other words... it doesn't matter- there is nothing they would do about it. NOW if it were like this say around 16 weeks + then they would put in the cerclage. I never had a problem with incompetent cervix before, my guess is that I am just not used to the way my cervix is, now that it's a pregnancy after a delivery.
SO, I guess nothing to worry about!!
December 7th, 2011, 03:22 PM
hmm I have to laugh at drs nurses who say *how do you know?* well DUh lmao anyways..I guess its a good thing that they arent worried? Keep an eye on it and log it down for now till you go see your OB

Alyssa Marie Jade

December 7th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Veteran
REALLY?!?!?! Did she seriously say that she doesn't know if you know what a cervix should feel like?? Um, hello it's part of your body! lol

December 7th, 2011, 06:03 PM
LOL, yeah, she was like "I have been a nurse for years and I STILL have a hard time identifying the cervix, there are so many folds in there!"

I said, "well, when you have been through fertility treatments, and have to place suppositories as close to your cervix as possible, you become pretty aware of your body..."

She just went on to say that even if it WAS my cervix that was low, it would be fine...

When I put in my evening suppository just a few minutes ago, it was higher. A little deeper than the middle knuckle on my middle finger ( that may be TMI for some)
December 7th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Lol not Tmi..
So many folds? I'm.sorry I have a canal and a thingy that sticks out in there.. what else should be in there? Lol

Alyssa Marie Jade

December 7th, 2011, 06:45 PM
HAHAHA I was kinda thinking the same thing about the "folds"... makes me wonder...
December 7th, 2011, 09:12 PM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if this is related, but with my son (and obviously only delivery) I have both bladder and rectal prolapse. (similar to uterine prolapse just different organs). I will tell you that those change everything as far as feeling the cervix and stuff. It's still there of course but just seems like finding something completely different. Also, after baby I couldn't use tampons or the Ring very well because everything was "low" and "right there". Possibly you have slight prolapse of any of the above 3??? The prolapse isn't an issue for baby even if it's the uterus, in fact as I understand it will get better when you "pop". Again, I don't even know if this sounds like what you are experiencing but wanted to toss it out there.

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

December 7th, 2011, 10:02 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a bit of a rectal prolapse after DD's birth and I definitely feel my cervix is lower now than before. I do think it could be the twins...I feel like I am bigger internally with 2 pushing more pressure on places. I'm looking forward to when the uterus rises out of the pelvis next trimester.

Glad to hear the advice RN said there is nothing to be worried about with the babies safety!
December 8th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Veteran
lol I will say that it is NOT a good idea to hold a mirror and check out down there days after giving birth!!!! I nearly sent myself into panic mode thinking I had a prolapse bc everything looked swollen and different! lol yeah, note to self don't make that mistake next time around!

December 8th, 2011, 11:03 AM
LOL, yeah, I don't think I looked down there at ALL after birth. It looks great now, but my cervix is MUCH lower than with my first.

I will be interested if it does rise when the babies move up! That will be GREAT!!!

Thanks everyone for your input, I feel much better!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search