Physical & ultrasound today

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Today we had our first official appt this morning. Everything is going good. I was surprised to hear her move my due date up. Originally started on the 5th then moved to the 8th and now she says the 3rd. I'm not getting my hopes on a certain date till Kernel makes it's grand entrance since we all know babies come when they want.

We talked about me continuing to stay on my Lexapro for my anxiety. I'm going to see a social case worker sometime in my 2nd trimester to discuss changing meds but I really think I'm just going to try it out w/ bf'ing since there really is no proven studies of adverse effects. My philosophy is if you are taking it during pregnancy the baby's system already is adjusted to it. But we'll see, I'll still keep an eye out for new articles and what have you.

I was seriously thinking of asking for a midwife but Hubs & I liked the Nurse Practitioner that we saw today so I think we'll stick with her. My biggest reasoning for wanting midwives is they are more family orientated and encourage everyone to be part of the whole process where as Dr's I've had always asked for no little kids in the appointments. Nope she was the complete opposite. Included Hubs and A2 in everything today. So yupp we're sticking with her

Here's our little Kernel's u/s, made it festive for the holidays

... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

December 16th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appt! Adorable pic too.

December 16th, 2011, 02:37 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sweet
Glad you had a good apt!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 16th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried Buspar for your anxiety? I'm not sure about the pregnancy category, but its non habit forming and is supposed to do really well. It takes a few weeks to kick in though (see I DID learn something from that stupid psych class I just finished, lol).

Glad to see a very lovely decorated pic of the lil one and I too was thinking about asking about the midwife, but I think I really like my OB so far. She seems really caring and compassionate. I'm just not keen on the thought of one of her cohorts seeing me if she isn't on call when I deliver.

Strange they keep changing your due date. I didn't think they liked to do that unless it was really off...
December 16th, 2011, 07:07 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww..
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

December 17th, 2011, 01:28 AM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a fabulous appointment! What a sweetie!!!
December 17th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
Have you tried Buspar for your anxiety? I'm not sure about the pregnancy category, but its non habit forming and is supposed to do really well. It takes a few weeks to kick in though (see I DID learn something from that stupid psych class I just finished, lol).

Glad to see a very lovely decorated pic of the lil one and I too was thinking about asking about the midwife, but I think I really like my OB so far. She seems really caring and compassionate. I'm just not keen on the thought of one of her cohorts seeing me if she isn't on call when I deliver.

Strange they keep changing your due date. I didn't think they liked to do that unless it was really off...
Never heard of it before but I'll do some reaserch tonight when I'm working and bring it up with the social worker. I'm really not too worried about changing anything because I know what my triggers are and the fam knows my signs early on so I'm willing to try anything.

I didn't think they did either. I'm not holding too much stock in the "due date" since all the others were always super late or like the last one was early. Baby will come when it comes.
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search