Those who have circumcised sons

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2012, 08:49 AM
Super Mommy
I've never had a discussion about this topic until now. I don't think it's a big deal either way, it's what ever you want for your child. I called my ob office after reading the post to make sure they did it and they do. The ob that is. She said pediatrician don't do them, they're not surgeons. I'm getting it done again. And I know my insurance covers it. I never thought of it as a comsmetic procedure. I remember with my son one of my obs gave me a short speech about how there was no reason to get it done medically, I said I know, but I wanted to do it. My husband is circumcised, but his brother is not because he was born in Greece. So most of the men in my genetic family are not circumcised.
January 1st, 2012, 08:16 PM
mommy2mykiddos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't circ.

1. DH isn't circ'd and I believe boys should look like their daddies

2. Dr's could never give me a legit medical reason why its still done

3. Boys have more sexual sensation when not circ'd (and although I don't want to think of my sons sex life I also want him to have full satisfying experiences in all aspects of his life

4. The pain doesn't seem worth it (and yes they experience pain or they wouldn't scream their heads off...with or without numbing agents)

That all being said most of my family members circ'd however one of my nephews was not because he was in NICU for months after he was born and by the time he got to come home my sister didn't want to do it. When he turned 13 he had to end up having it done because he had "issues" with the skin being "stuck" because he wasn't pulling it back and cleaning it correctly.

Whichever way you decide to go just make sure he knows how to take care of it
January 1st, 2012, 08:22 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There was a debate on ear piercing?!
January 2nd, 2012, 02:02 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIP View Post
I've never had a discussion about this topic until now. I don't think it's a big deal either way, it's what ever you want for your child. I called my ob office after reading the post to make sure they did it and they do. The ob that is. She said pediatrician don't do them, they're not surgeons. I'm getting it done again. And I know my insurance covers it. I never thought of it as a comsmetic procedure. I remember with my son one of my obs gave me a short speech about how there was no reason to get it done medically, I said I know, but I wanted to do it. My husband is circumcised, but his brother is not because he was born in Greece. So most of the men in my genetic family are not circumcised.
Yeah it's pretty interesting to see how things are done differently in each state. You would think everyone would follow the same guidelines or what not. We brought this up at our last OB appointment to basically just get info on when and how they would do it and the OB told us then that they do not do them in the hospitals in California anymore, OB doesn't do it either and that we would have to make an appointment a week after baby is born with our local pediatrician and have it done there.

I would have never known all of this info until I started asking around. All I have are girls at home lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:fearless:. View Post
There was a debate on ear piercing?!

Lol! Girl there could be a debate on which way to cut a sandwich if you gave people the chance.

}
January 2nd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Super Mommy
Although, my son never cried. Hmmmm.
January 2nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Kristen
Send a message via Yahoo to krissy1104
Ok I know I'm late on this thread. I have one of each two diff fathers. My first is done and he doesn't even look done correctly. We had lots of issues with it healing. I left it up to my ex husband who was done. I didn't see the prosedure and when my D's came back he was fine took about 3 days to heal. My second his daddy isn't done and neither is my ds2. No issues this baby is another boy and even if I was with a diff man I WOULDN'T do it again.

As for the comment about how someone found a un circumcised man looks funny and they laughed at them that upset me a lot feel like you would laugh at my un circumcised boys. I feel its everyones choose but that comment will start a lot of issues

January 2nd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mt boys had the plastibell and it wasn't bad. The ped did it. I guess I will ask my OB if things have changed since my last baby.

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!
January 2nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My dh was my first uncircumsansized penis id ever seen. I didn't laugh at him, I had more care than that. Instead, I found it fascinating. Lol my son isn't, and this son won't be either. Personally, if the fact of circumsized or not is going to turn a girl off frm being intimate with my son, then she obviously doesn't love him enough, and I'm glad she won't be with him! Its such a small issue when choosing a partener, that for it to cause her to make fun of him? Not the kind of woman id want my son to be with.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 2nd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Where did that simmer down sauce go? Lol
I think people are taking it too personal. Some people will only be with a man who is taller, some will not be with an uneducated man, a black white or chinese. It's just all preference ladies.
Not a big deal unless you make it one.

}
January 2nd, 2012, 12:43 PM
maggzies's Avatar Veteran
Okay, I tried to be done with the thread but people keep bringing up my comment so I'd like to say a couple more things on it.
I said I had a "strange thing" and "I know it's horrible of me". Obviously, that means I know that it's not a great personality quirk to have. However, it doesn't mean that I run around laughing at womens children who are uncircumsized.
There are plenty of good medical and personal reasons to not circumsize your child and that is entirely your right as a mother, also it is your right to be with whatever kind of man you choose to be with. It is also my right to not be.
The reason I posted as such is because I know a large number of girls who also don't like the way it looks when it is uncircumsized and it bothers them to be physically intimate with a man that isn't "cut", so to me it is a legitimate thought.
I'm not saying that not being with a man because he's not cut is nice, but a lot of people don't like being with people because they are overweight or blonde or an assortment of reasons, it doesn't mean they are a bad person, it's just personal preference.
I am sorry if my statement offended anyone, the last thing I intended to do was insult someone's child or their decision, I was simply trying to explain one reason why I will be doing it.

January 2nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva76 View Post
Yeah it's pretty interesting to see how things are done differently in each state. You would think everyone would follow the same guidelines or what not. We brought this up at our last OB appointment to basically just get info on when and how they would do it and the OB told us then that they do not do them in the hospitals in California anymore, OB doesn't do it either and that we would have to make an appointment a week after baby is born with our local pediatrician and have it done there.

I'm also in CA and all my friends with circ'd boys had it done at the hospital. Even the one that waited a few weeks, she had to go to the hospital to have it done as her pedi wouldn't do it in office. Everyone else had it done a few hours after birth while still in the hospital. And I'm in the Bay Area, where there has actually been legislation started to make circumcising illegal (except for religious reasons) in some cities (didn't pass for numerous reasons...that'd be a hard one to pass).

I think you're in Central CA? My cousin in Fresno had her son's done in hospital as well. Maybe it just depends on the hospital policy.

January 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
of course there was a debate on ear piercings, long before people even know they were having boys or girls, lol.

i dont think someone not like looking at uncirc'd penis' has anything to do with anyone's sons here, so not sure what the big deal is. Like i said before, DH is the only one ive ever been with and he is circ'd so i think i would be extremely taken aback if i were to suddenly be in front of one.
January 2nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Soooo .... penis story time? I've got some good ones! All about me being taken aback by circumcised penises, of course. I just thought this was a circumcision Q&A thread, but since it seems to now be a "penis preference" thread why, I feel like sharing!!

And yes, I am totally joking. In case you couldn't tell.
January 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
JsBaby's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad to see this thread. I've been wondering these questions myself being the mother of girls & now expecting a boy. I left this decision up to DH. He would like his son to be circumcised & I'm fine with that. The ob office asked us if we would like to have it done even before we knew what we were having.

I appreciate the talking out loud because I now have some questions for my docs & insurance company that I probably wouldn't have known about orherwise.
January 2nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. did they numb it before?
**My son had a circumcision the same time he had a little hernia correction at about 8mths old. He was put under for the procedure in his case.

2.Did that help keep pain at bay during the procedure?
**I may have given his a dose of tylenol after the procedure.

3. How long did it take to heal?
**It took about 2 weeks to heal completely.

4. Would you do it again?
**Yes I would. I couldn't possibly have one son circumcized and not the other...haha.
January 2nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
Super Mommy
Too personal ladies, we should be able to express ourselves, right? RIGHT!

Or why be here. My first penis was undone, and my others were done. And I have a preference too. So what. Like men aren't critical of us. And when r sons grow up and and r ready to have SEX...if they make fun of/or r picky of the women they're with, then they deserve to have their penis laughed at, circumcised or not circumcised . I want women to love my son for who he is and what he has or doesn't have too, but both sexes r critical. Haven't any of us found that out yet? Body image is a challenge for us all. Many men like big boobs, my husband being one of them, but guess what I wish I didn't have them. I don't like them big, but if they were small he'd love me anyway...but he prefers big ones. My friends boobs r small and her husband would like her to get implants...of course I told her not to...and she hasn't yet. But he likes them bigger, he loves other things about her body..she's pretty..great body. But it's his preference. And you know what? Our sons will find women to love them. Hey, maybe being done or undone is a good way to weed out the women! Sorta of like a awww sorry to see you go !

Ok I've talked too much.
January 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
Super Mommy
I've never heard of this plastibell procedure. I just read about it. It made my yoohoo twinge, like many other things do. I'm not quite sure what they do with traditional circumcision either, and I don't want to. Poor little guys, I know they won't remember, but poor little guys.
January 2nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
I'm also in CA and all my friends with circ'd boys had it done at the hospital. Even the one that waited a few weeks, she had to go to the hospital to have it done as her pedi wouldn't do it in office. Everyone else had it done a few hours after birth while still in the hospital. And I'm in the Bay Area, where there has actually been legislation started to make circumcising illegal (except for religious reasons) in some cities (didn't pass for numerous reasons...that'd be a hard one to pass).

I think you're in Central CA? My cousin in Fresno had her son's done in hospital as well. Maybe it just depends on the hospital policy.
We are in Merced ca. About an hour north of fresno. The hospital here doesn't do them. Only peds. I'd wish they did. It would be alot easier to just do it before we come home.
Maybe it is a hospital by hospital basis? Weird.

}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search