Jaxson's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 08:26 AM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my 38 week appointment at 2:30pm on the 20th and he stripped my membranes and stretched my cervix. I had been 3cm and 80% effaced -2 station. I had some bleeding and mild cramps but nothing like the week prior when he had stretched my cervix. I figured nothing would come of it. I text Jason's mom and told her nothing to report which is good because I just want to get some sleep" Then I was staring at his bassinet and started thinking " oh no are we really ready for #2." I knew right then he was coming because I was so ready for him to come and then to start doubting it was just odd.
Sure enough at 3:37 am I woke up because I had felt a small gush. Thinking I had either wet the bed or was bleeding heavy from the stretching, I got up. It started gushing so I ran to the bathroom and tried to mentally prepare myself for a few mins before waking up Jason. I woke Jason up and we got Tyler ready to go next door to Grandma and Grandpa's.
My contractions started coming a little after 4am and went from nothing to full out hurting within 20 mins or so that it took us to get the hospital. When we got there around 4:30 it took awhile for a doctor to come in and check us in. They were packed and canceling all inductions for that day. I was checked around 5:30 and was still only 3cm. By this point I was asking for my epi. My contractions hurt so bad.
We got to my room and had my labs drawn to make sure I could have the epi and started my first dose of antibotics for being GBS+ and around 6:45 they put in the epidural and within minutes I felt great. They wanted me to sleep since I had to get to 10:30 for the antibiotics to work. I couldn't sleep I was too excited.
The nurse started coming in around 8 and kept asking do you feel anything, any pressure? His heart was showing patterns that he didn't like how I was laying or the I was close to being complete. They changed my position and left a few times. Then around 8:55 she checked me again for only the 2nd time and I don't think her fingers were all the way in when she threw her gloves off and ran out to get my doctor yelling " we are having a baby" on her way out. I felt nothing but mild cramps really low. The doctor and nurse come back and put my feet up and lift my gown and his head was right there. I couldn't feel my contractions so they told me when to push. The first push was a practice one for me to get the hang of it. Then it took two pushes to get him out. The doctor had Jason come down and pull him out on the last push. It was the most beautiful thing to see. Jason loved it.
Jaxson Nicholas was born 12/21/11 at 9:06am 7 lbs 6 oz and 20.5"
They put him on my chest but he wasn't crying and the nurse grabbed him and took him over to the warmer to try and rough him up to cry. That was the longest couple minutes. I kept asking why he wasn't crying and what was wrong. You could see the worry on her face which made it so much worse. Luckily he just wasn't a baby that didn't cry. She gave him back and he latched right on and nursed until they had to take him and give him his dose of meds since we didn't make it for my 2nd bag. After his meds and work up it showed he was clear of the GBS.
I had such a rough delivery with Tyler with tons of pain, pushing for 1.5 hours, and a 3rd degree tear that took forever to heal. This labor was amazing. I felt great and on top of the world afterwards. It was just the easiest most natural thing and made me want to do it again. Too bad we are done with 2.

January 2nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth story! Thanks for sharing! And your babies are so handsome!!
January 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
I'm glad you had such a good experience! He is sooo cute!!!
January 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
Lovely story! He is too cute! I love the pics of him & Tyler sleeping

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

January 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
What a great story! I'm so glad that it went well for you. Congratulations. Both your boys are beautiful!

January 2nd, 2012, 10:31 AM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so happy you had a great birth! Makes a big difference from a good one to a bad one. Love the pictures such cutie's

January 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Great birth story! Your babies are beautiful. Tyler looks like he's taken to the big brother role well so far.

January 2nd, 2012, 06:47 PM
Treysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story, thanks for sharing!!!

I love the pics of your boys together!!!!

Thank you Chelsea for my beautiful siggy!!
January 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i'm glad you had such a good experience this time-- my first two were excruciating, but 3rd was wonderful-- hoping for another good experience this month!
your boys are adorable! congratulations!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 4th, 2012, 11:55 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story! You went so quickly, just the way it should be...lol

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 5th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
I'm so glad that you had an easy labor! Congratulations momma.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!
January 5th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Super Mommy
The pics of the boys together sleeping are just the sweetest thing ever! Congrats on an easy delivery!!
Wife to Jerry and mom to Drew (18), Hannah (15), Luke (8), Grace (4), Owen (just turned 2), and expecting Baby #6 in August 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search