What would you decide?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil duckies mama View Post
Miabelle flipped back and forth throughout my pregnancy. At about 37.5 weeks she went head down. I ended up with a c/s anyways for other reasons but would have picked c/s over manual turn.

January 6th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Super Mommy
After having 3 wonderful vaginal births, I'd opt for the c secton. Too risky trying to turn him for me.

Joshua - 11/02/05
Matthew - 2/17/12 - Born at 33 weeks 5 days

January 6th, 2012, 06:27 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no actual experience with manual versions, but everything I've read about that say that the #1 biggest risk is premature labor and most sites say nothing about broken bones. Not to mention, most say that the version should be gentle and have minimal pain associated with it. I think I would definitely go for the version but of course, I would have to discuss with my doctor too.

My Blog
January 6th, 2012, 07:17 AM
ipsa's Avatar Mommy Times Two
I think it would depend on how comfortable my m/w was with actually doing a version. I have heard that it makes a difference if your doctor is actually skilled/trained to do them versus just having read about the technique and never really having tried it out.

I hope it's not a decision I have to face.

thanks to Jenn for this beautiful siggy

[/url]
January 6th, 2012, 08:25 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsa View Post
I think it would depend on how comfortable my m/w was with actually doing a version. I have heard that it makes a difference if your doctor is actually skilled/trained to do them versus just having read about the technique and never really having tried it out.

I hope it's not a decision I have to face.
Yes yes and yes. It definitely depends on the doctor. I think all doctors should be well versed in this, but I know that not all are. And most likely if your doctor is advising against it, then they probably aren't well versed in it. I think this is something I'm definitely going to discuss with my doctor at our next visit tho.

My Blog
January 6th, 2012, 04:37 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If by about 30wks she is breech, I would try spinning babies and the chiropractor. If that didn't work, I would find out what type of breech she is and depending on that, might attempt a vaginal birth. C-section will always be my very last resort after I've exhausted all other options.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search