anyone else really not like the way they look lately?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
So I have gained almost 30 lbs already, which is probably normal for me (first pregnancy gained between 50-60, and second pregnancy around 40+) but this time I am gaining it COMPLETELY differently...
Let me say I HATE the way I feel/look, I can't even fit into my "fat pants" (they are the same size 11 jeans I wore my ENTIRE second pregnancy) and the pair of bigger baggier saggier maternity pants are getting snug. I have gained all boob and all a** I am terrified that because of where I haVe gained it won't drop off right after I give birth and I wont have ANYTHING to wear. rant done/

anyone else feeling fat/self conscience?

January 4th, 2012, 07:16 AM
lilstlmama's Avatar Member
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I don't necessarily dislike the way I look, but I DO dislike not even being able to fit my backside into my old "fat" pants! I think I've only gained 15lbs so far and I'm 6 months, but I know there's a lot more coming! I just keep reminding myself how awesome I'm going to look a few months after the baby is born after working out and watching what I eat and such. And my fiancee helps a lot with self esteem--he's always telling me how beautiful I am...without that, it would be a lot harder!
January 4th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Megs982's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Megs982
I feel like a boat..I haven't gained back all the weight I lost the first 3 mths..and I've totally lost my butt too. Im also a lot bigger this time around then I was with my other 3.. The one thing I do like tho..Is my boobs haha
January 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM
allicyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm loving the belly.

I've gained probably about 25 pounds, and I have these awful love handles now. I feel so self conscious wearing leggings and a long shirt because I feel like all you can see is my new muffin top.

thank you jaidynsmum!!
January 4th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I empathize with you about the muffin top, allicyn!!! I have a pronounced one....grrr!
January 4th, 2012, 08:10 AM
cavewoman's Avatar #2 due in June!
Quote:
Originally Posted by allicyn View Post
I'm loving the belly.

I've gained probably about 25 pounds, and I have these awful love handles now. I feel so self conscious wearing leggings and a long shirt because I feel like all you can see is my new muffin top.
I've always had love handles but they were pretty under control pre-pregnancy and they are rearing their heads now surely!

January 4th, 2012, 08:36 AM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
I've gained in my back (also love handles) and my upper arms, I hate that. UGH! I had to go up a size in shirts, to an extra large, because of my arms. How irritating. The belly is looking good though.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

January 4th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Super Mommy
My boobs are huge, and my butt is huge, and my thighs are expanding. I have cellulite now, which I didn't before, with all the running I did. My weight gain is appropriate, and I'm not worried about it, but I'm not thrilled with the spreading hips and the ripply-ness/cellulite. On the one hand, the hip spread is kind of a relief, because it will make it easier to birth this baby, but yesterday, I came across a pair of my pre-pregnancy jeans and held them up in front of myself, and there's several inches more of hip wideness now (I had to go to maternity pants at 9 weeks when I couldn't get my "fat" jeans over my hips anymore). And it's hip bone spread (the fat is all in the back on the booty), so I don't know if I'll be able to work it off. It's just weird to be so curvy now. Most people think I'm still tiny (excepting the baby bump, of course), but my family and friends keep pointing out how much bigger EVERYTHING is (thanks, guys). For a while, I felt sexy and lush, but now, not so much. It helps to not look at myself naked, but only in flattering clothes. I'm trying to focus on my arms/shoulders, they're the one part that hasn't really blown up yet, although I am noticing some stuff in the upper arms now. I'll still be relatively small after baby, so I feel like I shouldn't complain. But it's still a big difference for me and it'll take some getting used to. And having to shop for jeans is such a pain! (WAH) I'd finally figured out my brand/size, and now I'm going to have to start over again.

We're team BLUE!!!!!!

January 4th, 2012, 10:15 AM
MichelleB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm ok with my belly, but my skin is so pale right now! I'm also self conscious that maybe I've gained some weight in my face!

[
January 4th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Veteran
My sister was kind enough to tell me that 'oh you didn't put on weight on your face!' but then I have DH that goes 'Tubbs - I have to walk around you now... instead of behind'... *sigh*

He then proceeds to stuff me with food 'for the baby - I don't want it to starve'

my DH is EVIL... sweet DH, but EVIL EVIL man.
January 4th, 2012, 04:33 PM
akd616's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not real thrilled with the way my body looks pregnant. So I've been compensating with extra makeup. A little eyeshadow and putting on lipstick even if I'm just gonna be at the house makes me feel better. Shallow and vain, I know.
January 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my belly. Although I am worried about how quickly I have been gaining weight recently. My issue is my skin has been terrible and looks so dull and my hair dry looking and it doesn't act the way I am used to.

Last edited by *Crystal*; January 4th, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
January 5th, 2012, 09:44 AM
update: i went to the DR yesterday and actually I've gained 19lbs since the beginning of my pregnancy (that means I've gained 7lbs in the past 2 weeks.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search