Birth stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM
allicyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got really excited at the thought of reading everyone's soon! I <3 reading birth stories!!

That's all!

thank you jaidynsmum!!
January 4th, 2012, 02:24 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
As long as mine don't end with "I was in labor 10 days" (what it says in my medical records with Kat, I was at 4 1/2 cent for 9 days with her and my doc wouldn't induce) OR as long as it doesn't end with "And Amelia weighed over 10 pounds" (DS was 10lbs 4 oz).

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

January 4th, 2012, 02:28 PM
First timer
Here is how i hope mine reads.... Had slight cramping... took a nap...woke up and he was here! lol

I figure staying in the denial stage is the best place for me right now

Proud mommy to COOPER
January 4th, 2012, 04:11 PM
adi&co.
as long as it goes faster than 36 hours. I think I did my dues with Jamesen, lol! I'd prefer it not be back labor as well... had that with marcus.
January 4th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Had back labor with Brandon, his was 18 hours or so. Epidural was my friend.

January 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm SO excited to be able to share a labor/birth story with everyone. Mine have always gone something like this "and then I was wheeled back to the OR".

=May '05 and '11

January 4th, 2012, 06:35 PM
adi&co.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanirah View Post
As long as mine don't end with "I was in labor 10 days" (what it says in my medical records with Kat, I was at 4 1/2 cent for 9 days with her and my doc wouldn't induce) OR as long as it doesn't end with "And Amelia weighed over 10 pounds" (DS was 10lbs 4 oz).

being dilated doesn't mean you're in labor. My mom was dilated to a 5 with my little sister for 4 months and ended up going about a week past her due date. When my sister did finally end up coming, she came really fast. My mom dilated from a 5 to a 10 in something like 10 or 20 minutes. If it were me, personally (and i'm really not trying to be offensive), I wouldn't count myself as being in labor for 10 days just because I was dilated.
January 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Actually, I was rushed when I wrote that, I was 4 1/2 when I went in and they released me the next day at 6. My records actually state that I was in active labor but the doctor wouldn't induce me and the nurses were furious about it, finally one of them broke my water against his orders. This is actually why my daughter has brain damage, cause he didn't induce me and it was obvious that she was ready but my body was stalling, I was in there every day with contractions (and not BH) every 4 minutes but because my dialation had stalled, he would send me home. And because I was 18 and totally stupid about everything, I never disagreed with any of his choices and neither did my mom, who was with me. Trust me, there was a lot of whack stuff about her labor and how it was handled but my records do state that it was 10 days, that is not just something I'm saying. But strangely enough, he would write down that it was 10 days (after he refused to do anything about it) but he didn't write down why he finally performed my c-section. I'm tellin ya, Whack job! He retired about a year after I had her.

Last edited by shanirah; January 4th, 2012 at 07:15 PM.
January 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Don't hate me...

Audrey was 9 hours after my water broke. Epi, slept through the night, woke up, had her.

Will was 3 hrs after start of pitocin. Walked around at 6cm for a week, was induced due to low amniotic fluid.

Eloise was approx 1hr 45 min after first contraction. Walked around at 6cm for a week again before I went into labor.

I'm hoping the twins are just as easy!

thank you jaidynsmum!!
January 4th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Lol, I had a co-worker while pregnant with Kat who told me that with all 4 of her kids, her total labor time combined was about 4 1/2 hours. Her first labor she said she didn't feel the contractions and her husband had his hand on her stomach going "ok, you are having a contraction, push" Not sure how truthful she was, but man, I wish. My mom's labor with me was quick, I didn't get that from her lol.

January 5th, 2012, 06:09 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping the labor this time is quicker than the first time, or at least the pushing time is. I was in labor with Noah for about 15 hours, but 2 of those hours were pushing. Also I just wanted to say that the average labor is 14 hours, so others shouldn't be discouraged if their labors are longer, that is normal. It helps if you can have braxton hicks, those do help dilate you and can make things easier in the end, but I wouldn't classify that as active labor, either.

My Blog
January 5th, 2012, 08:21 AM
adi&co.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanirah View Post
Actually, I was rushed when I wrote that, I was 4 1/2 when I went in and they released me the next day at 6. My records actually state that I was in active labor but the doctor wouldn't induce me and the nurses were furious about it, finally one of them broke my water against his orders. This is actually why my daughter has brain damage, cause he didn't induce me and it was obvious that she was ready but my body was stalling, I was in there every day with contractions (and not BH) every 4 minutes but because my dialation had stalled, he would send me home. And because I was 18 and totally stupid about everything, I never disagreed with any of his choices and neither did my mom, who was with me. Trust me, there was a lot of whack stuff about her labor and how it was handled but my records do state that it was 10 days, that is not just something I'm saying. But strangely enough, he would write down that it was 10 days (after he refused to do anything about it) but he didn't write down why he finally performed my c-section. I'm tellin ya, Whack job! He retired about a year after I had her.
ah! thanks for clarifying, sorry for pointing something out that was totally wrong!
January 5th, 2012, 12:01 PM
It's ok, I didn't really elaborate the first time and it does sound pretty unbelievable until you hear the whole story about my whack job doctor. I have so many gripes about her birth and my prenatal care, it's best to not get into it. Brandon's on the other hand, much better, even at a military hospital.

January 5th, 2012, 12:13 PM
adi&co.
haha oh military hospitals... I will be this one's biggest nightmare if they stand in my way when I go to have Gemma, lol! At least they have midwives and she's totally on my side. SHe knows where I stand and what my plan is and will keep the OB dr's from intervening.
January 5th, 2012, 02:11 PM
gmtejese's Avatar Expecting Number 4 :)
Send a message via AIM to gmtejese Send a message via Yahoo to gmtejese
I just hope mine doesn't end with "Chase was a big baby"
January 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Megs982's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Megs982
mine would hopefully not end with..I had her in my car bc we didn't make it fast enough lol
January 5th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Kat was not born in a military hospital, it was a civilian doctor and a civilian hospital, it's sad when the military hospital was better.

OMBG Megan, I would die. Heather, I already know that Amelia's birth weight is gonna be more then 9 lbs, I'm just hoping she doesn't hit over 10 like her brother.

January 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
That's the nice thing- because there are two they won't be any bigger than my biggest at 9.1!

It's a big worry of mine that they'll be born in the car. Wouldn't that be a fantastic story? haha!

thank you jaidynsmum!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search