3D Ultrasound

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a 3D ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow and I can't decide if I should cancel it or not. DH and I are in the process of buying our first home and the house we want is at the high point of our budget. We can still afford it but we just have to cut back on things we don't necessarily need. I have not had an ultrasound since I was 17 weeks when they said she was a girl. I'm still unsure that she is for sure a girl and I'm dying to see what she looks like. The ultrasound is $150 and I just can't bring myself to spend that money when we really need it for other things. But I REALLY want to see her and know for sure she is a girl. I've told my doctor that I'm still not convinced she is a girl and he won't give me another ultrasound to confirm it! I was so shocked he said no but he said the insurance company would wonder why I'm having so many ultrasounds and really I've only had one through him. Then he said well maybe a grandparent will pay for it for you. Like seriously? It would have only been $45 to do it at his office and he just won't. Ugh, so basically what would you do in this situation? I just wish it wasn't $150, even $100 would make it better. DH said if I really wanted to we could because he knows it's important to me but I just feel so guilty spending money that we should be saving. Plus he said all 3D ultrasounds look the same to him and I wanted to smack him for that remark lol.
January 4th, 2012, 02:20 PM
cavewoman's Avatar our miracle is here!! <3
does it have to be a 3D U/S? does the place not offer just a gender confirmation scan?

ask me about doTERRA essential oils!

January 4th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavewoman View Post
does it have to be a 3D U/S? does the place not offer just a gender confirmation scan?
I didn't even think of that lol! But I did just check and they do but there's not a huge difference in price. DH isn't worried about spending the money as much as I am and he thinks if we are going to spend that much anyways we might as well do 3D. I just can't decide. I'm afraid I will feel guilty after but I really want to do it!
January 4th, 2012, 04:24 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
If he isn't against it and you had the money set aside for it, I would go ahead and do it.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

January 5th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
This isn't really a decision any of us can help you with. Only you know how you feel and what the right choice is for you.
January 5th, 2012, 04:28 AM
cavewoman's Avatar our miracle is here!! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake2 View Post
I didn't even think of that lol! But I did just check and they do but there's not a huge difference in price. DH isn't worried about spending the money as much as I am and he thinks if we are going to spend that much anyways we might as well do 3D. I just can't decide. I'm afraid I will feel guilty after but I really want to do it!
Ah, that's a shame. I too want another ultrasound and so does DH but I feel like if we are gonna do the 3D or 4D type deal we should wait til I'm further along so he's more developed n stuff. If your DH is fine spending the money, just do it! You'll be on cloud 9 for the duration of your pregnancy staring at the photos or videos you get I love looking at the few pics I got of the 19 week scan even.

ask me about doTERRA essential oils!

January 5th, 2012, 06:04 AM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I kind of regret not doing the 3d/4d ultrasound with my son the first time and we are doing it with this baby. I would lean towards just doing it. In the end, you will probably forget about where that $150 really went and will just remember the awesome memories of the u/s.

My Blog
January 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
lilstlmama's Avatar Member
I think it's worth the money! I was going to have one done here in the states but I wanted to get an ultrasound done in Panama so that my fiancee's mom could see the baby, and they happened to offer 3D ultrasounds where I went (it was a really nice clinic in a hospital) and I ended up paying $30! I would have paid a lot more, though! Make sure it's a place where they give you a DVD of your ultrasound because that's what really makes it worth it!

January 5th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Heder4789's Avatar Mommy to 2, 1 on the way!
I say DO IT DO IT DO IT! ;-) why not? 150$ isnt really all that much for confirmation that she is still a she and for getting to see your bundle! I was debating on having one too, because here, ours are 200$, but im going to do it. With DD, we didnt do it because we were young and dumb, but with this guy, since he is our last one, i want to go all out! PLUS, DD would LOVE it! I say just do it! You will be so happy you did

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search