Let's talk Strollers!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 03:36 PM
First timer
Maybe we already have a post about this but I could have missed it!

What type of stroller are you thinking of getting for your LO? Regular, jogging stroller, hovercraft (lol)?

I plan on doing some jogging once he arrives so I am leaning toward a jogging stroller and this one in particular http://uncrate.com/p/2007/07/bob-stroller.jpg I am having a hard time actually buying it because I don't want to make a bad decision.

Any input would be great!

Proud mommy to COOPER

Last edited by cindyscotty; January 4th, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
January 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM
cavewoman's Avatar #2 due in June!
your link didn't work.

I also want a jogger and I thought I was set on this baby trend travel system but the color options are really irritating me ;\ lol the color option I like is more expensive than all the others, of course. and even then I can't decide if I want to get a travel system or just the jogger and get a convertible car seat.

here's the one I thought I wanted and now not sure:
Amazon.com: Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Stroller - Everglade: Baby

I also kind of like this one:
Amazon.com: Schwinn Turismo Swivel Single Jogger: Sports & Outdoors

it seems to fold up really nicely, but then again the color issue.. can't decide if we want to stick to gender neutral so it can be used later on if we have another or what. DH is over my indecisiveness and is like "just get boy stuff and we'll buy new later if we have to!" lol he then also says just order the travel system and we'll get the convertible car seat later.. so he's no help.

January 4th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
I wasn't really planning on buying a whole new stroller, but my youngest is still seeming to want to be carried everywhere instead of walking. So probably this one; as much as I was SO happy to be out of the stroller stage

BabyTrend.COM - Sit N Stand - Tag-A-Long - SS71797 : Tag-A-Long - Limestone

January 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
I was gifted one, she used it a couple months for her daughter, was planning on using it for some boys she baby sat but then she stopped watching them and now she doesn't use it, so she gave it to me. It's the leaf green one.

http://gogobabyz.com/product-i14470-...Advantage.aspx

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

January 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We're getting a Bugaboo Cameleon but after the baby is born, since we'll know the gender then.
January 4th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ooooh!!! I just have to show off the stroller we bought. It's nothing special, nothing fancy. But I LOVE it!!!!

It's funny how we found it. We were walking around in Walmart one day and a lady walked by with a carseat on her cart. I just glanced at her like normal then did a double take. She had her baby in the cutest carseat. I'd never seen it before. But I'm not one to talk to strangers, so I just let it go. I told Nick about it and how much I wished I knew what brand it was or where she got it. Then last week, we were shopping at our local Walmart and I found that carseat!!! And it came as a travel system! We bought it right then and there. I knew I loved it and I had yet to find something I loved. So this travel system it is!

Like I said, it's nothing fancy but I just adore the pattern!
Graco Spree Travel System- Walmart.com

Just FYI for those of you shopping for jogging strollers. They rock if you are a runner. But if you plan on doing any shopping with it in the mall, you probably won't be too happy with it. Unless the models you are looking at are a lot smaller than the Jeep stroller we had for Jayden, they are massive and DO NOT do well in a shopping area. Ours is really long, so it was extremely hard to navigate it through clothes racks and around corners in the stores. We shopped at our mall with it 2 times and never did it again. Maybe the models you are looking at are smaller though!

Thankyou for the siggy, Jaidynsmum!
January 4th, 2012, 06:13 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're getting one of these for the beginning Baby Trend Double Snap N Go Stroller Frame - Walmart.com and one of these for later Amazon.com: Baby Jogger 2011 City Mini Double Stroller, Black/Black: Baby. I'm holding out for the 2012 version when it's released in February, because it has better access to the basket underneath.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

January 4th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby jogger city mini double!!!!! The city jogger series strollers are amazing!! I have had a maclaren side by side which is great for quick outings, a combi side by side which was great for traveling (the wheels were somewhat flimsy but combi has the best customer service hands down!!) A graco duo glider, great at the time but there are way better options these days.

Now for singles I have had A graco lightweight travel system (I loved it except when you want to acess the basket you have to remove the infant seat) My Stroller now is the Mia mida atmosferra which is similar to a britax, or city select but way way cheaper! I paid 209 with free shipping. I love my mia moda, its a larger fold but the seat faces me or away from me has a huge sunshade and ample storage. It is the stroller in my siggy!!!

If anyone wants more detail on stollers let me know I have reserched them all.

I have also used

Graco quattro tour double and single
Baby expedition double jogger

I absolutely hate sit and stands more than anything, they are flimsy and difficult to push, worst design ever!

January 4th, 2012, 08:13 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
Even though mine has 3 wheels, it's not a jogging stroller. Tara, that pattern is adorable.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

January 5th, 2012, 12:59 AM
mamabear4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im on my phone so cant post pic but mine is from target it and it is.a Safety 1st brand called applesauce. It is also pink and black and i love it! I got it brand new for $95. Its a complete travel system...just awesome
January 5th, 2012, 05:35 AM
cavewoman's Avatar #2 due in June!
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronfamily2006 View Post
Just FYI for those of you shopping for jogging strollers. They rock if you are a runner. But if you plan on doing any shopping with it in the mall, you probably won't be too happy with it. Unless the models you are looking at are a lot smaller than the Jeep stroller we had for Jayden, they are massive and DO NOT do well in a shopping area. Ours is really long, so it was extremely hard to navigate it through clothes racks and around corners in the stores. We shopped at our mall with it 2 times and never did it again. Maybe the models you are looking at are smaller though!
1st.. that pattern is absolutely adorable!!!!!

2nd.. thanks for the heads up on the joggers, I've heard that a lot that they are big and hard to maneuver in stores and stuff. DH and I don't shop a whole heck of a lot anymore though, so I kinda think we'll make do. more than anything I want one so I can be active with DH in the evenings n stuff, and I just do not care for the traditional style strollers. I am curious now to check dimensions n stuff for the few I've been looking at for comparison purposes. I've seen the baby trend in person and was fine with the size but I wonder how the others compare to it size wise.

January 5th, 2012, 05:45 AM
bethysfirst1's Avatar Loving Kate
I love mine. I've even thought about walking around the neighborhood with a doll in it just so i could test it out. lol! UPPAbaby Vista Stroller - Mica | DaintyBaby.com

January 5th, 2012, 05:47 AM
SAHM_To_2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have these. the baby seat stroller and baby seat are new but the jogger which can also fit the seat is from my son. they dont match but are the same brand..lol

I have the Everglade baby trend stroller, then the cranberry(i think) baby trent flex loc car seat and then i bought the baby trent snap and go stroller.
I only plan on using it with the baby seat (Thats why i dindt care that the colors matched) but the actual stroller is also an option for baby or DS (but he will be almost 3 then so I dont know if he'd even want to be in a stroller.

[QUOTE=cavewoman;25420524]

here's the one I thought I wanted and now not sure:
Amazon.com: Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Stroller - Everglade: Baby

Thats the stroller i have, but my car seat is the burgandy color.. i bought a snap n go so i dont need to bother with matching as the stroller was ds's.
January 5th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Megs982's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Megs982
We just bought the one Tara linked
Graco Spree Travel System- Walmart.com

I was absolutely in love with it and had to have it and was just waiting on confirmation she was a girl LOL.. With DD they had NOTHING in pink like they do now..so i am on a obsessive pink buying spree LOL
January 5th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannjakesmommy View Post
Baby jogger city mini double!!!!! The city jogger series strollers are amazing!! I have had a maclaren side by side which is great for quick outings, a combi side by side which was great for traveling (the wheels were somewhat flimsy but combi has the best customer service hands down!!) A graco duo glider, great at the time but there are way better options these days.

Now for singles I have had A graco lightweight travel system (I loved it except when you want to acess the basket you have to remove the infant seat) My Stroller now is the Mia mida atmosferra which is similar to a britax, or city select but way way cheaper! I paid 209 with free shipping. I love my mia moda, its a larger fold but the seat faces me or away from me has a huge sunshade and ample storage. It is the stroller in my siggy!!!

If anyone wants more detail on stollers let me know I have reserched them all.

I have also used

Graco quattro tour double and single
Baby expedition double jogger

I absolutely hate sit and stands more than anything, they are flimsy and difficult to push, worst design ever!

We have a baby jogger city mini that we got for our son. I was one of those that thought I had to have the travel system with my son and while we loved the infant seat part and the fact that it snaps right into the stroller, we hardly ever used the stroller after about 6 months or so. Then we bought a Baby Trend Jogging stroller. Loved it, but it has huge tires and like others said, it is difficult to manuever (but great for walks or jogs in the park).

Then we got our BJCM and it's awesome. We LOVE LOVE LOVE it. We have taken it on so many trips and it's just perfect. We debated getting the car seat attachment but it's about $60 and prevents it from folding up as small as before, so we decided to get the Chicco Caddy (stroller frame) for the new baby and Noah can still use the BJCM when needed. We will go with a cheap sit n stand if we find we need one stroller for both kids, but I'm hoping we won't.

January 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
I have a Graco Quattro Tour stroller from a travel system. We had to buy a new car seat, but we bought another Graco and it should fit on it. We also have a Graco Quattro Tour Duo AKA a beast lol. It is not my favorite, but it was what we ended up with.

My dream stroller is a Baby Jogger City Mini. I am in love with it, and I'm hoping my DH will surprise me with one because I NEEEEED it .
January 5th, 2012, 10:49 AM
SAHM_To_2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also had a car seat/stroller combo with DS and I found the stroller was barely used until 7-8 months and then we figured out a jogger would be better. I know the baby trend is cheap, but I love it. Easy to put in the trunk, easy to fold/unfold.. fits the baby seat easily and nice BIG wheels.. we are out in the woods alot wlaking through paths with the dog. NEVER an issue.. and soo easy to steer!
January 5th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ditto to all the bjcm fans!!! The single and doubles are amazing!!!! I cannot wait to get my double!!!! Nothing turns or pushes like them!! def worth the extra money!!

January 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM
WrightWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister has been so kind to pass on all of her AMAZING baby gear to me (talk about a $$$$$ saver too!). So our stroller that she gave us is an inglesina zippy InglesinaOnline.com from about 5 years ago but still in amazing condition. She also has a single and double bob jogging stroller that I am hoping my neice will have outgrown by next summer

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search