New years Baby.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
December 31st

It was just a normal day. I woke up feeling fine and had no clue I was going to see my baby soon. I did have a few contractions here and there but never anything painful or worth timing. Df had to work that day but a semi short day. he got home around 4pm. and we decided to go the store to get some snacks and dinner. The plan was to eat dinner then play games and watch movies til the new year. Well we picked up some Lobsters and other stuff. We got home and cooked everything up. by this time it was 8pm. We saw no need to keep Lilli up past her bedtime so off to bed she went. By this time I was having contractions 9 mins apart. After about an hour we DTD to see if it would get things moving. About 11:15 I decided to take a hot bath and while in there my contractions went from 9 mins apart to 3 mins apart. I sat in the tub because they were painful and I had to breathe through them. 11:50 I got out so we could watch the ball ddrop together.

January 1st.
12:20 am
Contractions still 3 mins apart I decided to call my dr. She decided I should come in and be checked out. So we call DF's mom to come and get Lilli. She gets there at almost 1. And we head to the hospital. about 1:30 we get there and I get in the bed and the nurse checked me I was 3cm 90% effaced and -2 station. So she leaves me on the monitors for about 30-45 mins and came back in to check on me when the baby's heartrate had slowed down she looked at me and said Im going to check you again. I was confused why her heartrate would mean I needed to be checked. She explained the head compression means baby is moving down. So she checked im now 4cm and 100% and baby is at-1 station. She stood up and had this matter of fact tone and said Im going to admit you now.

She was a very good nurse she was just excited as we were to have a new years baby. I admit though I really thought I was going to be sent home.

About 3am. I ask for the epidural and she told me they were already on the way. So they ask DF to leave and they start. After about 15-20 minutes she said she messed up and had to redo it. She then explained what she did. I think she called it a wet tap? anyway she told me that I could expierience a migraine like headache. I said ok just finish. So she finally got it placed and the headache started. they told me to lie flat and it took most the pain away. So now were just laying there waiting. At about 5 am I hear the heart rate drop again this time I was getting scared because it happened like 3 times. So I called in the nurse and she assured me all was fine but that she wanted to check me again. So she does and says im complete but have a bulging bag of water so she called the dr but the dr was taking her sweet time so the nurse checked me again in hopes to break it. Well it worked my water broke and she seen that it wasnt clear. Meconium was in my water. so she had to call a pediatrician in to be at the birth to suction out her lungs when she was born. While we are waiting and getting everything set up. 5:45 everyone is there and im ready to push. My dr put her fingers inside and yelled stopo pushing. I was only 6cm. so she ordered pitocin and that got things moving quickly. I went from 6 to just a lip of cervix in about 30 minutes. By this time I dont know what happened to the epi but it wasnt working and I could feel everything. The urgeto push was so strong my body was doing it by itself. I felt her head come out and it was amazing to feel her like the way I did I felt her body come out. Although it was very painful it was the most amazing moment. They placed her on my belly for a second while the dr cut the cord. then they took her to the bassinet so they could suction her lungs. She wasnt away from me for more than 5 minutes. And the placed her on my chest. Just her naked body on mine. It was a very special moment for me ive never gotten this with any of my births.

So there it is Josephine Frances was the first new year baby born at my hospital. She weighed 7lbs 2oz and was 20 in long. Born at 6:49 am

Here are a few pictures

Last edited by Mistyx6; January 5th, 2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Birth time
January 5th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
What a wonderful story! Congratulations momma! She is a cutie.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!
January 5th, 2012, 09:22 AM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
She is too cute!! Glad everything turned out well

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

January 5th, 2012, 05:05 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
what a memorable new year!
congratulations, she's adorable!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 6th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
That's a great story! Congratulations!

January 20th, 2012, 12:37 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad everything turned out well! It seems like it got a bit scary there for a bt

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search