Baby monitors

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 11:28 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you plan on using one??

=May '05 and '11

January 5th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Veteran
Yeah but we're getting a really basic one that's only like $30 and doesn't have all the extras they seem to! Baby will be sleeping in our room and probably napping with me in the living room during the day and there's going to be my fiance and I plus my parents in the house so I don't foresee too often that we'll be far away from him but I'm getting a cheap one just in case!
January 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Amylizz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nah he'll be in our room with us for a very long time

January 5th, 2012, 12:43 PM
just_em's Avatar TANSTAAFL!
I have one; I never expected to. BUT... We live in a big, really old house. There's no AC. The only room that is air-conditioned in the summer is our bedroom. If we put baby to bed and wanted to be anywhere outside that room, we needed a monitor because the door would be closed. So we got a sound-only monitor and that did the trick for us. We've since used it other places (holiday to San Francisco to visit my sister-in-law, my in-laws' house when we were there late into the evening, etc.).

January 5th, 2012, 02:03 PM
First timer
I think we are getting the Angelcare monitor (detects movement/breathing thingy) it seems to be similar in price of the other ones i was looking at with additional benefit. Not for everyone but i think it will give us new parents extra piece of mind

Proud mommy to COOPER
January 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
SAHM_To_2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Had an angelcare monitor. Several times gave us a heart attack so sold it as quick as we could.

Had the safety first video monitor. was on 24/7 for 2 years. Sold it assuming we wern't able to have another. We never used the sound.

Buying another video monitor, but unsure what one yet.
January 5th, 2012, 05:41 PM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a video monitor for Noah and loved it!!! Noah hardly ever cries (i know, im lucky and probably won't be with this one), so if we didn't have the video, I wouldn't know if he was awake or asleep or what he was doing. And now that he is in a big boy bed, it really helps me keep an eye on him. I haven't decided what we are doing about this one...whether we should move the monitor and have Noah with no monitor, or buy one with 2 cameras or buy her her own separate monitor. I also am not sure which one to get. We had the Summer Infant best view but it's the older model which is apparently tons better than the new one, but it's broken, sort of. You have to smack it to get the video to turn on.

My Blog
January 5th, 2012, 05:43 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
We use one. Baby will be in our room for a while, but if baby is napping, and we're downstairs, we can't hear baby. Or if baby goes to bed before us, and we're still up, we can't hear baby. In the summer, we have the ACs on and the doors closed, so I can't hear anything outside of my room.
January 5th, 2012, 07:54 PM
WrightWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes, we will have a sound only one as well. Our house is 3 stories and if DH is in his workshop while the baby is napping and I am at work he will need to be able to hear the little one. I don't think we will need it at night, but more for daytime usage.

January 6th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our house is small, but we will still use one. Our room is at the opposite side of the house from the 2 kids' rooms. We'd probably be able to hear her cry, but I'd much rather have a monitor just in case. We've always used one with Jayden and only just stopped using it for him when we moved him out of his crib and into a big boy bed. Now he just gets up and comes to get us if he needs something lol. Plus I like that we can go outside and do yard work or whatever while he takes a nap. So a monitor for the baby for sure for us.

Thankyou for the siggy, Jaidynsmum!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search