Braxton hicks contractions?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2012, 06:46 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I've always read that they don't hurt? I really didn't have them with my other two, but the past week or so I get several a day (assuming it's them) but they hurt they feel worse then period cramps almost like the early contractions in labor but I know it's not the real deal and my stomach gets hard, I go back to the dr the 17th and plan to bring it up then if I'm still having them and I notice they happen when I've been sitting/laying for a while and start moving around and everytime I take a shower I get them and when I have to bend to pick stuff up starts them but they aren't consistent so I haven't thought much about them but this week I seem to get themore then I have been but nothing to time...does this sound like Braxton hicks?

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Shannon1978's Avatar ~Formerly Donkey Lemonade
Yup....I get them doing everything you posted! They hurt, just because your belly tightens, but nothing like the read deal. My doctor said that it was just your belly getting ready for the real deal. If you get them a lot see your doctor. My doctor told me that some time they need to hospitalize you just for observations if they come too often. I only had one major problem: I don't know if you remember...but at the beginning of December, my first day back at work, I had one that last 13 hours! Well, that was the end of work for me! I spend a lot of time sitting and relaxing and I don't have that big of problems any more.
January 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My BH's hurt. Not all of them, but I have at least 4-5 a day that I have to breathe through. I asked my dr and he said it's normal as long as they are not in a pattern. Like you, I get them mostly when I'm up moving around, cleaning and bending over.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
January 6th, 2012, 10:24 PM
dreamz105's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dreamz105
I to have been having lots of BH not really painful but you can feel them.The Dr told to take it easy as I get more of them when i do to much lol. One more week of work then I'm on mat leave yay can't wait but then we start packing as we finally found a newer bigger place and I want to be moved before baby comes at the end of feb.

January 7th, 2012, 06:34 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
When I get BHs my stomach hurts really bad, thats how I know I am having them and its not just Conor bunching up.

January 7th, 2012, 09:29 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
mine have never hurt, just a lot of pressure. some of them, this time, i don't even feel. they always come when i'm upright or walking. i get them so often, i finally had the hospital tell me not to listen to my dr., that i don't need to come in unless they're painful, because i always have them close and regular.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 8th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Veteran
Mine feel like being mildly electrocuted in the belly!! Def caused by moving/bending, can't wait to stop working, maybe I won't have so many then
January 8th, 2012, 06:12 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Some of my BH aren't bad but some I do have to breathe though like a few other ladies have said. I get them a lot but this past week a heck of a lot more than normal.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search