Why is it.....?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2012, 05:13 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That people you see once in a blue moon think they can judge how you look as a pregnant person? lol

I had my baby shower today, and a lot of people showed up that I haven't seen in years- much less during this pregnancy. The comments of "OHH you haven't dropped at all!" and "you look so small, you must be having a tiny baby!" really bugged me. Maybe it was just the hormones but Yes, I have dropped- quite a bit actually not that YOU would know since this is the first time you've seen me pregnant, and no my baby is actually the size of a small whale- thank you for the small belly compliment. lol

"You won't be going into labor at anytime soon because you're still carrying very high." You think this is 'high' lady? You should have seen how I was carrying 3 weeks ago- I feel like he's gonna fall out now.

Meh whatever, it was a fun shower but I am NOT a 'center of attention type' and I'm glad it's over so I can hide again. LOL Stop staring at my belly people! I'm pregnant not deformed!

January 7th, 2012, 05:15 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
aww i'm sorry. i hate that. if they have nothing nice to say they should keep their mouths shut lol. i hate when people try to judge when you will give birth that you dont even know or havent seen in forever!!

January 7th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
this is my 3rd baby and i dont pay attention to comments anymore lol

that was nice that they came to your shower even tho they havent seen you in years

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
January 7th, 2012, 05:44 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish people told me I looked small. People keeP guessing at my belly sayIng baby is going to be 9 pounds, even an OB said that to me the other day
January 7th, 2012, 05:54 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
I get the opposite- Your huge. While it doesnt make me wanna cry sometimes I wanna fire back at them because some people say it so rude! I know Im gonna have a 8-10lb baby thank you!
January 7th, 2012, 06:20 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by LShumate1010 View Post
I get the opposite- Your huge. While it doesnt make me wanna cry sometimes I wanna fire back at them because some people say it so rude! I know Im gonna have a 8-10lb baby thank you!
I'm sure people think I'm rude as anything, but when people say that I say things like "Wow, who knew that being pregnant made everyone's consideration filter stop working. After I have the baby will you still be this rude or will it go back to business as usual?" I know.

Hormones + natural tendency to be brutally honest = probably not the best 9 months to be rude around me because you'll get it right back.

When I'm not pregnant, I have the ability to at least sugar coat it a little, but I just don't have the patience right now to be sweet to inconsiderate (or in some cases, just dumb) people.

January 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
With DD1, I started getting comments at 5 months. "You are going to be HUGE." And by 30 weeks, people wondered how my uterus could get any bigger. lol I feel really self conscious this time because my uterus hasn't grown in almost 6 weeks. Baby is bigger, but my belly feels tiny. I got a lot of big comments at first, now I get "you're tiny" ones. At least I know for sure that the baby is growing!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
January 7th, 2012, 09:10 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not all that big so I've only gotten comments about how small I am. Or people tell me I'm all belly which is soooo not true. I don't know why people feel the need to make comments besides just saying "you look great!" or something like that.

January 7th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No one really says that much to me. Maybe I just have a look on my face that says "BACK OFF!" The only thing I got was when I went back to work after Christmas break, the ladies I work with said "Oh you got bigger over the break." They weren't being mean, and I just replied "Well I hope so!!" Haha.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
January 8th, 2012, 12:37 AM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The thing that annoyed me at my shower were the people touching my stomach. It was at the beginning of December and I wasn't really feeling him all that much yet. My sister in law sat there with her hand on my belly for a good minute before I asked her what she was waiting for. Seriously, get your hand off me.

Last night at the grocery store, the cashier told my husband that he did right by asking me to marry him. What? I said 'why? because I'm pregnant?' and he said yes. I just stood there with my mouth open and my husband said to him 'her wedding ring doesn't fit because she is pregnant and your an idiot.' Are you kidding me? Who says stuff like that?

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

January 8th, 2012, 05:58 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i'm glad you had fun.
i haven't seen very many people this time, but two girls i had never met thought they'd have a little conversation while i was in earshot, about me not looking as far along as i said. i don't even know where they heard that i was 6 months, but really? you're going to say that as i'm walking past you? i really don't get offended by this type of thing, but many women do, so i can't understand why people still feel it's okay to judge us. at no other time is it acceptable to judge someone by how they look!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 8th, 2012, 07:05 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Sorry hon I always ignored any of those comments. None are doctors they don't know anything at all.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search