So 2 things mommies!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2012, 05:51 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
#1- Is it worth it to spend $100+ on a crib bedding set or should I just buy a few sheets and some blankets and a mesh bumper? I know SIDS is a big thing and most bedding sets have too thick of bumpers. I can understand when he gets older 12+ months maybe getting one but is it necessary?

#2- Anyone else get increased braxtons hicks and cramping before and after you pee or is it just me?
January 7th, 2012, 05:57 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know about other people, but we did spend more. I love the look of the nursery and I'm sure he doesn't need an expensive set, but it's appealing to me and we went gender neutral with ours so well be using it with our other kids.

I don't notice any bh necessarily but there is a lot of pressure to me when I pee.
January 7th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah thats why I want a cute set and a neutral one as well! I want the set to match our other items and home decor but still want a cute set that screams baby.
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I think it's up to what you want. We had a set purchased for Em, but it seems a waste when I have yet to use the comforter, pillow and bumpers from it. The only thing in her crib are the sheets, a crocheted blanket (with lots of holes in it so I didn't worry about suffocation) and her stuffed monkey and she's a year old. I won't buy a set for this baby, just sheets.

MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
We didn't even buy a crib and didn't with Ethan either! We just use pack n plays and thin sheets. I am super paranoid about SIDS. I think crib sets are a waste of money. You won't use the comforter at all for the first year, well you shouldn't anyway. Plus the bumpers aren't safe etc. just my opinion, it's not worth the risk to my baby.
DS3- Born 11/4/14
January 7th, 2012, 06:15 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will say we did not purchase the comforter cause I thought it'd be a waste since we won't use it. We purchased sheets, bumper, and skirt.
January 7th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Super Mommy
We barely used the crib with Audrey - and never the comforter, so this time we are just going for some cute sheets and that's it! Since you aren't supposed to use a blanket anyway, we won't get any more. I found some cute sheets at pottery barn kids

Audrey Peridot
Born March 11, 2009 - 31weeks 4days

Lost one of our girls, Bridget Evangeline, at 24w5d on January 22, 2009.
January 7th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Veteran
you can use the bumper until baby starts to roll around, that's when they become unsafe. Some places have cheaper sets in a different aisle then the expensive ones.

January 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Shannon1978's Avatar ~Formerly Donkey Lemonade
We just did sheets and a bumper. No sets here! The only reason I would buy the set is to hang the quilt on the was as decor. We are also not in that room for the first 3 months (they will be in bassinets in our room) so we did not even go with bumpers. They only people in the room will be family and close friends, and I am not trying to impress them! I rather spend the money on something that everyone that walks in my house will see, or something that will benefit my child. That is just my opinion...I am not a fancy nancy type of girl...to pratical!

My BH are going crazy right now! I am hoping that they will become real soon!!!
January 7th, 2012, 06:36 PM
These are the 2 sets Im looking at!

Amazon.com: Sumersault Pop Dot 10 Piece Crib Set, Tan/Green/Orange: Baby

http://www.amazon.com/Boutique-Brand...5986508&sr=8-1

One is a 10 piece and the other is 13. I love the colors of both! I cant pick. Lol.
January 7th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Veteran
i love the first one. Second one is cute too but the brightness of the first is wonderful.

January 7th, 2012, 06:53 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never bought expensive bedding as you can't actually use it due to SID's and all that. Mum bought us a nice neutral teddy bear set but it was only on for cuteness factor before baby was born and when she was much older, but still in the cot. Pointless really.

BH b4 and after peeing?.... ummmm don't really notice personally but I have heard that a full bladder can cause them.

January 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I've only gotten walking contractions so no help there.

The crib bedding set is more for you to look at. DD1 never used her comforter, but she did like the bumper pad. I didn't let her sleep in her crib till she was 4+ months, though. She could push up, lift and turn her head, and almost roll over by then. She stayed in our room at first in a bassinet. The crib set overall was a waste. If I did it again, I'd get regular crib sheets and a generic bumper. We always dressed DD warmly so she didn't even need blankets. If we tried to put them on her, she automatically kicked them off.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
January 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did get a set but only because I want to use the comforter when we move her to a toddler bed. It's more for decoration than anything. Honestly a couple of sets of sheets would work just as well.

I get really uncomfy if I don't pee when I try to hold my pee. Not cramps necessarily but just lots of discomfort. DH and I were in target today and I needed to pee and it made walking difficult.

January 7th, 2012, 07:14 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
I bought bedding when we did foster care and with ds1 and to me it was the biggest waste of money I never used either set both of mine came with bumpers I won't use them then mine are 2 and 1 and I still don't let them sleep with blankets unless I'm right there I'm just too scared too. I know others who bought and loved bedding to me it was just for looks for ds1's nursery both my kiddos still sleep with us (working on their own beds haha) all I use are the crib sheets ds2 slept in the swing 90% of the time it's the only thing he'd sleep in but we did get him into his crib then he decided he wouldn't sleep anywhere but with me but I just buy crib sheets and when I feel comfy with them sleeping with covers I'll get them a bedding set for their beds

An yeah, I get Braxton hicks after going pee, standing up, and bending over I just keep trying to chug the water when it happens

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by BSandDsMommy; January 7th, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
January 7th, 2012, 07:28 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
We were given expensive bedding but he can only use the skirt and fitted sheet. Kind of disappointing but in the long run he will use everything at some point. I think its worth it as long as its not super baby-ish.

I get cramping before I have a #2.

January 7th, 2012, 07:58 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
Instead of buying a bedding set, I had the pieces I wanted- skirt and blanket- custom made. It was cheaper and was exactly what I wanted instead of having to compromise with something off the shelf.

I like the first of the 2 links you posted for sets. The second is more boyish than gender neutral in my opinion.

Not really very many BH here at all. Of course, I've never had very many with any of my kids.
January 7th, 2012, 08:06 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusF View Post
I did get a set but only because I want to use the comforter when we move her to a toddler bed. It's more for decoration than anything. Honestly a couple of sets of sheets would work just as well.

I get really uncomfy if I don't pee when I try to hold my pee. Not cramps necessarily but just lots of discomfort.
Ditto to this, exactly. <3

January 7th, 2012, 09:09 PM
katiebug02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have not even had a crib since our DD outgrew hers. We did have crib sets but never used anything out of them except for the sheets. I used the comforters to make pallets on the floor for playtime. When DD and DS1 were babies, the crib sets were only $30-$50. Too bad they are not so cheap anymore.

ETA: I get really bad cramps when I need to go pee and lots of pressure after going.

Proud Mommy of Eric(11), Caitlyn(9), Aidan(6), Mason(3) and Eliana(2/21/2012)
January 7th, 2012, 11:51 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my aunt, who is a quilter, make him a quilt and just bought a few sheets. We have a convertible crib but this baby will probably get kicked out of it by age 2 because we plan to have another baby around then. So he'll move from the crib straight to a twin bed that we already have. I'm not sure how much he'll use this little quilt, but since my aunt made it, it's something that I will put away as a keepsake.

I don't think I've had any BH or contractions, if I have, I can't feel them, or don't really know what I'm looking for. lol I have felt a lot of pressure though mostly before and after going potty.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search