A trip to L&D

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2012, 09:22 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
So my contractions have been getting stronger and not going away for anything so after two days my very concerned mother talked me into going to L&D to get checked out. Basically she is afraid that my water is going to break and I am going to have baby at home so to make her feel better I let her take me in. Me being confident I was not in labor only took my cell phone and laptop and the chargers for both no hospital bag or nothing because I knew it would be 2-3 hours of monitoring some labs and then go home. Well that is pretty much what happen other then I actually am in the first stage of labor but because I am 35 weeks he will not stop labor at this point so he sent me home until I get further into labor. The other good news is that he agreed to take me off work until delivery so yay for short term disability pay kicking in and no more people yelling at me.

After the bad news on Thursday this made me very happy and I am glad I went even if it was 3 hours strapped to uncomfortable monitors. Now to see how much longer until Atticus can break my water then I will go back and have a baby.

While I am bragging about my awesome doctor he also did not ask for a cervical check so even more yay.

January 7th, 2012, 09:30 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! Good luck with your labour! Keep us posted. Hope baby is all cooked and ready to be delivered. Quite exciting really! You might be number 2 to give birth in this ddc.

January 7th, 2012, 10:02 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow we're having another baby???
January 7th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I highly doubt it will be that soon I really think all these contractions are caused by the full moon not be anything actually starting. I guess we will see what happens being as the moon isn't "full" until tomorrow but I have a feeling I will be waiting very uncomfortably being as I am not going to do anything to encourage him out because I want to avoid the NICU all together.

January 8th, 2012, 04:46 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i didn't realise the moon was full. we had like 5 babies born on the full moon in one of my PRs.
i'm glad he's going to stay put a little longer, as anxious as we are to have them.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 8th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Woohoo I got my Short Term Disability claim filed put in for vacation time to cover this week and tomorrow I will get my paperwork filled out to fax to the leave of absence team so excited to be out of work until further notice!

The contractions are not nearly as strong today just a mild annoyance so I have a feeling he will not be out before ultrasound on Thursday.

January 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good to hear he is probably staying put a little longer to grow stronger. Yay for your short term disability allowance thingy. What is your actual due date?

January 8th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Actual Due Date is 2/10/12 So I am only 35 weeks I am hoping with not working my Blood Pressure will stay low enough that he will start growing again and stay in at least another 3 weeks although I will gladly let him take 7 now that I am off work I want to be off as long as possible!

January 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
I am hoping for the baby to come at 37 weeks I think I can count on my doctor to let me with all the trouble I am having, it would be great to be in the first stages at 35 weeks!!

January 8th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hope he stays just alittle longer but i agree i am due the day after you and i would be just fine if Hailey was born today lol!

yay for being able to stay home! get some rest mama

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
January 8th, 2012, 04:08 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
I am glad he gets to stay in a little longer and YAY for for short term disability! I wish I could be off work now. It is hard to go everyday when my body is not moving very fast.

Tiffany
January 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I asked to be off and he said if I want off he has no problem with taking me out. With the slightly elevated blood pressure working with cranky customers was not helping keep it down so I will not have to be on bed rest just on stress rest lol. So far i have spent the day getting clothes folded, drinking tea, and took Nater for a bike ride. Now i am making a fake Zuppa Toscana for dinner such a relaxing day!

January 8th, 2012, 05:46 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Aw good luck.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search