Does it count as a contraction iffffff

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Super Mommy
Keep waiting for my first contraction or Braxton Hicks and yesterday about 4 am I was a waken by pain/discomfort at the bottom of my belly. When I tried o get up, it hurt more. After I managed to get up and use the restroom (1 and 2) the pain went away.... So was that a contraction or just how it's going to feel now when I have to go to the bathroom.
January 8th, 2012, 08:09 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
I get that almost every morning the last week..

January 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Super Mommy
I think it was, my belly was really hard too. I hope it was, I'd love the baby o come on her on in a week (37 weeks). I told Dh that we'll have to do the deed starting next Sunday (doctor said not to due to bp) to hurry things along.
January 8th, 2012, 10:46 AM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been getting what sounds similar to that for weeks now. My dr told me it was just my cervix ripening. Hooah. lol

January 8th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Super Mommy
YAY!!! Cervix ripening!!!! Woot woot!!!!! I'll take that
January 8th, 2012, 11:12 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It could have been just gas/needing to go #2, lol. I get that every now an then as well. I thought contractions were felt more towards the top of the uterus, as they are meant to push the baby downward? I don't know necessarily about that, but I have been getting some braxton hicks every now and again, and I can say that my whole uterus/belly area gets hard - like if it is hard and feels like your forehead then it's probably a contraction, if it's feeling like the tip of your nose then maybe not. That's what I've always heard anyway.

January 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Super Mommy
Good comparison!! It was as hard as my forehead! That is a great comparison bc sometimes it's hard like my forehead and other it's like my nose...Huuummm guess I've had Braxton hicks for a while now, they simply were not associated with pain.
January 8th, 2012, 05:49 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Yeah I wake up a lot in the middle of the night with my tummy being hard a lot. Good luck hon hope you get more. :-)

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search