Too many contractions??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Veteran
Are having too many BHs really a bad thing? obviously dr says 6 in an hour to go to hospital, but I mean" regularly" spaced ones, like when I go to work I always end up having tons throughout the day, but on my days off maybe only a few since I move around as little as possible. Since these are preparation contractions aren't more good?
January 9th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your 36 weeks, so my doctor would say that even if you have more than 6 an hour at this point, you don't need to go to the hospital. I have a ton all the time, since about 13 weeks... And typically more than 6 an hour. Lately it's been more like every 5-10 min!! Try not to worry unless they are extremely uncomfortable/painful.
January 9th, 2012, 01:02 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
they haven't been bad news for me. i was told two pregnancies ago that i did not need to go to the hospital for frequent BH because my "body just likes to contract." they've also helped me to be 3cm and 6cm before going into labour with my last two.

but i guess they have the guidelines for a reason-- they can be strong enough to bring on labour, with other women.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 9th, 2012, 02:54 PM
mercedes1987's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mercedes1987
I think it's ok to have them often at this point.
Ive been having them like that for the last couple weeks where they seem to of gradually increased in intensity and frequency but are never really regular and was checked last week all is good and cervix closed dilated maaaybe a finger tip he said. Which is nothing really to worry about...I think it's okay, just try and make yourself comfortable when you can.

BTDT MOMMY.

January 9th, 2012, 02:58 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
I can totally understand where you are coming from. If they are practice, to get my uterus ready, wouldn't a lot be more practice aka a good thing?

I agree with these ladies to play it by ear and as long as they aren't super regular or super painful, I wouldn't worry too much. I think this is an area where it is okay to rely on instinct and if you feel like your body is okay, it probably is.

January 9th, 2012, 03:00 PM
mercedes1987's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mercedes1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanyLBH View Post
I can totally understand where you are coming from. If they are practice, to get my uterus ready, wouldn't a lot be more practice aka a good thing?

I agree with these ladies to play it by ear and as long as they aren't super regular or super painful, I wouldn't worry too much. I think this is an area where it is okay to rely on instinct and if you feel like your body is okay, it probably is.
I would have to agree too.

BTDT MOMMY.

January 9th, 2012, 05:21 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
I spoke to the doc today about mine. I had BH every 10 min Fri night for 3 hours and every 6 minutes Sat night for 4 hours. They were completely regular, so I thought I should call and let someone know. doc said they are normal. only call if they don't go away or get painful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search