Baby Jack's Arrival!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2012, 06:12 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On Tuesday I knew something was about to happen. I had been having cramping off and on for a few days and was getting some really low and sharp cervical pains. I could tell baby had moved way down. At the appointment I had had the day before I was also already 2-3 cm and 80 percent. So I was just waiting for things to get started at any moment. I also had an uncontrollable urge to get everything ready and clean that day because I just knew he was coming any time. SO I did alot of cleaning on Tuesday. By the time I went to bed on Tuesday night I did not feel well at all. I felt markedly nauseous and just overall uncomfortable. So I went to bed at about 10:00 and at around 11:45 I woke up to a big gush and had to wonder if I was dreaming. Sure enough it was real so I shook my husband and told him it was time to go. So we packed up and headed over to the hospital. It took maybe an hour for my contractions to begin. When I first got to my room the nurse checked me and I was still only 3 cm and 80 percent. So the night of laboring started. She had asked if I wanted pain meds of any kind and I told her that I wanted to try to go all natural for as long as I could if not all the way. So that's what I did. The contractions were fairly tolerable for a couple hours as I walked around the room and sat on the birthing ball to try to move things along. By 3:00 a.m. or so the contraction started to get quite painful. I was at 5-6 cm by like 5:30 and the nurse told me that she thought I would be complete by around 7:30 or so. I was very excited at the progress I was making. By around 7:30 I was checked again by the doctor and was only about 6 cm and 90 percent. At this point the contractions were getting very difficult to get through. By I labored on. At about 9:00 I was checked again and was only 7 cm. I was getting pretty discouraged. I was not progressing as quickly as I would have liked with all of the incredibly painful contractions and all and told myself I would wait a little longer to see if I would need to get the epidural after all. At about 10:30 and after many excrutiating contractions I asked the doc to check me again and I was still only 7 cm. After almost no sleep and very little progress I decided to get the epidural. I just couldn't see being able to deal with the pain for much longer. I contracted about 4 more times before they finally got the epidural in and by about 11:00 I started to feel the pain subsiding. But, all of a sudden the baby's heartrate started to drop and the nurses started to get in the panic mode. Nurse check me and I was complete and ready to get baby out and start pushing. Because of the heartrate deceleration they started flipping me around and giving me oxygen and tried to push baby back in a little as he seemed to be dropping too fast I guess. The nurses and doctors scrambled to get baby stabilized and when they finally did they told me it was time to get him out. So I flipped back over and started pushing with the next contraction. Heartrate started to fall again so doc got out vaccuum and the forceps. Poor little guy came out in a handful of pushes but had to be helped out with the forceps. With one final push and some help from the doctor Jack came right out. He was so beautiful and perfect and started crying almost right away. He was a little blue but was doing okay so they put him on my chest and I was so overcome with emotion I just kept kissing him and crying. I'll never forget that moment so long as I live. Due to the forcep delivery I ended up tearing to the third degree. LOVELY! It has been painful but I am healing okay. I wonder in the end if it was worth it for me to have gotten that epidural with all the chaos that came about at the end. I wonder if the epidural caused all the trouble. But, I also am grateful to have not felt all the pain at the end. Especially with that horrible tear. Overall I am very happy with the birth experience and glad to know that I can probably make it through all natural next time I want to. I just had to wait a little longer.

Last edited by hoping and waiting; January 19th, 2012 at 06:41 AM.
January 14th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Sounds like it was sort of frantic at the end, but overall a good labor experience. And now you have confidence in your ability to try it without an epidural next time! Congratulations on your little boy!

January 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great job! I bet you could do it next time for sure. It seems you are a bit like me and go from 6-7 cm to baby pretty quickly! You will never know for sure, but the epidural could have been what caused his HR to go down

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 19th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
Great job! I bet you could do it next time for sure. It seems you are a bit like me and go from 6-7 cm to baby pretty quickly! You will never know for sure, but the epidural could have been what caused his HR to go down
Yeah, I think it was, because the same thing happened with DD. Thank you! And great job to you as well!
January 21st, 2012, 01:13 PM
Preggo Foster Momma!
Oh my goodness! What a beautiful little boy! Congrats!

<3<3
January 22nd, 2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoii View Post
Oh my goodness! What a beautiful little boy! Congrats!

<3<3
OMG hi Jaana! Thanks so much! Can't wait to read your story and see your little cutie pie as well! Hope everything is going alright with your pregnancy so far.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search