Log In Sign Up

Dashiell's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2012, 01:08 PM
heatherj101604's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 680
Sorry this took me 2 weeks to get to! On Christmas day I was having contractions that were coming every hour..At my appt. the Thursday before my Dr had told me if they get stronger to give them a call. I called in on Christmas and the Dr on call told me that if they get down to 15 minutes apart call back and they would check me out. So we went about our day and at 3:30 am Dec 26th they were about 30 minutes apart. I told DH to go to work b/c they could be this way for a nother day or 2..Around 10 am they were getting stronger and lasting longer and then at 12 pm when DH called on his break I told him they were 15 minutes apart..so I called the Dr and she told me to come in and be checked. I called DH back and told him they wanted to see me. Then I called DH sis to come watch the other kids. Took everyone about 25 minutes to get here and we left. When we got to the Hospital someone had blocked the drop off of the ER with there SUV so I told DH to park in the lot and I would walk. We got up to the L&D and they hooked me up to the moniters and I was contracting every 10 minutes. The Dr came in to see me and she said she had read my chart and do to my fluid levels she would admit me but wanted to discuss it with another Dr b/c she was leaving in and hour and someone else would be taking over. I was getting a c section b/c of alot of reasons but, they wanted to weigh the risk of taking Dash 2 weeks early to my health and when she came back in they determind that it was better to do the c section now rather that wait. My fluid levels were high enough that I was at risk for a placenta abrubtion. So I was prepped for surgery and they took DH to get ready.. I was taken to the OR and then my epidural was given. I was numbed from the chest down.. I was laid down on the table and I couldn't breath b/c of the weight of the baby, fluid , the epidural..and when they strapped my arms down I started having a panic attack so I was given oxygen. Matt came in and they started to do the surgery..when they cut my uterus and broke my water I heard the dr say they had never had that much come out before..they measured 3 1/2 liters of fluid. then there was some tugging and more pressure and pulling and She said his head is up under your ribs so your gonna feel some pressure..I thought my ribs were gonna break. Finally he is out and I see them take him to the baby station ..then the nurse said good job mama he weighs 9 lbs 2 oz and is 21 inches long. So DH went w/ baby to recovery and I stayed to get fixed and stitched.. During my tubal the Dr asked me if he was a surprise..I said yeah why she said were your tubes tied before..I said NO..turns out my left tube was all but gone..In 2005 I had a cyst removed from my left ovary and the Dr said he scrapped some of my endometriosis..he told us it would be hard for us to get pregnant due to scarring..he must have removed some of my tube that the only thing I can think of. When I got to recovery DH and Dashiell were wating for me..they handed me Dash and I gave him a kiss..I had to hand him off to the nurse very quickly b/c I started puking..So after 3 rounds of nausea meds I was able to cuddle my baby boy. The rest of my stay was uneventful ..except for my BP it was very low stayed around 58/40 for 2 days finally came back up to normal for me 80/65 I was in the hospital from Monday night till Thursday afternoon.
Married to Matt for 7 years
Mother to Amaya(11), Cameron(9), Jameson(2)
and Dashiell born 12/26/11

Last edited by heatherj101604; January 14th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
January 14th, 2012, 02:47 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 19,640
congrats on your new little boy!
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Reply With Quote
January 17th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,229
Congratulations on your baby boy!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0