Boo to showing so early- Yeay for my new belly band!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Calmdownlindsey's Avatar Veteran
Didn't know these band things existed (this is my first pregnancy)! Soooo awesome. I'm sitting here absolutely comfortable AND wearing my normal flattering pants. I tried regular pants the next size up, but they are toooo big on my rear and it looked like I had a loaded diaper back there.

Can't believe I've got a belly so soon- my sister is betting on twins

Ordered a pregnancy pillow this morning after another looong night of back aches. My comfort could get expensive quick!

I'm usually pretty tough, but this little one is turning me into a whine-a-saurus.

Anyone else in the Bump Boat? Coping tips? When are you planning on starting belly lotion?

January 20th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The bella bands are nice! Belly lotions never worked for me. My belly is like a road map.
January 20th, 2012, 04:05 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
What's a bella band?

January 20th, 2012, 04:33 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I always use body lotion all over when I get out of the shower, but I switch to the belly lotion when I notice my belly starting to change and show, and I also use the Belly Butter at night. I swear by the stuff....three pregnancies later and not a single stretch mark! (Of course, steady weight gain and not gaining too much are the main factors with stretch marks, but I do think the lotions and butters help your skin maintain some sort of elasticity!)
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 20th, 2012, 06:15 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
What kind of band did get? I got the Be Band from Target, but wasn't impressed. I got the small, and it didn't seem tight enough...I'm a size 6, so I would think that would have been small enough..and they didn't have anything smaller. It just seemed more filmsy than I thought it would be, and rolls down a lot. wondering if the extra expense of the Bella Band is worth it. Anyone know?

As for lotions..pft. They don't work. You're either going to get stretch marks or not. I have a short torso, and when I'm pregnant, I am ALL belly. It looks like I stuffed a beach ball under my shirt towards the end..but from behind you'd never know I was pregnant. Anyways...there is no magic potion that would counteract the massive stretch that happens in my stomach when I'm pregnant.....

January 20th, 2012, 06:55 PM
MarineQueen's Avatar Veteran
Your too much!!

I haven't gotten a band yet, I didn't use one with my 1st but this time around, I feel so much more achey & whiney too!!

I'll be starting the cocoa butter lathering once my belly starts sticking out. I still have a flat tummy except I'm bloated some nights.
January 20th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I'm tall, but have short legs- I'm all torso, so this could get bad! Guess I was in denial about the stretch mark thing. I am not psyched about that to say the least. I really should have the google image search function disabled!

My band is from Motherhood. It's a one size fits all, although they do have a plus size. I'm usually a size 10 or 12 and this is perfect. If it didn't feel so great, I'd be going off about a spandex ring costing 16 dollars!

Last edited by Calmdownlindsey; January 20th, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
January 21st, 2012, 12:38 PM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
I never got a belly band with my son, and i doubt i will this time either.

As for stretch marks, good luck, I used cocoa butter everyday 2 times a day starting at about 12 weeks with my son and at 38 weeks i started getting stretch marks anyway. They've faded about 90% but they're still there and I'm sure I'll get more with this baby even though i plan to use cocoa butter 2-3 times a day starting in about a week maybe 2.. I wish you could prevent them 100% but you just can't.. add the fact that I'm short 5'1 and skinny and that doesn't really help.

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
January 21st, 2012, 01:09 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
sooo two pregnancy's and i really dunno what a belly band is LOL i want one tho!!!! as for lotion.. i never used that stuff i got it with my first but the smell made me sick so i just used normal lotion w/ both... i dont have any stretch marks... my mom dont have any either... i wonder if it genetic???!
January 21st, 2012, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think stretch marks are usually genetic...like you might be prone to them or not.
January 21st, 2012, 03:43 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I think I am the odd one here because I LOVE it when I see my body getting bigger!! I could never imagine using a band to cover it up!!
January 21st, 2012, 03:47 PM
Brandi, here is the one I have, but there are tons out there. I'm wearing mine folded over like a belt. Underneath, my pants are open and the band keeps them in place. It also gives me a little extra coverage. Nice to have since my new mega-boobs are making many of my shirts too short. It just looks like I'm doing the layered tank top thing.

Maternity Belly Bands for Pregnancy | Motherhood Maternity

January 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoboys View Post
I think I am the odd one here because I LOVE it when I see my body getting bigger!! I could never imagine using a band to cover it up!!
Um, belly bands aren't for hiding your stomach..they're designed so you can wear your normal pants unbuttoned (without exposing yourself and keeping you comfy and your pants from falling down).

I think you're confused with the post-partum band thingies that people sometimes use for compression and to help get the abdominal area back in shape faster.

January 21st, 2012, 06:51 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmdownlindsey View Post
Brandi, here is the one I have, but there are tons out there. I'm wearing mine folded over like a belt. Underneath, my pants are open and the band keeps them in place. It also gives me a little extra coverage. Nice to have since my new mega-boobs are making many of my shirts too short. It just looks like I'm doing the layered tank top thing.

Maternity Belly Bands for Pregnancy | Motherhood Maternity
THANKS!!! Im so getting them in every color i can find LOL
January 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM
I feel huge already. I have three children already but have never gained weight so fast (8 Lbs at 7 weeks). My 8 year old son has now named his new brother AND sister. I threatened to let him raise one if I have twins.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search