Trying to stay calm

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Regular
With both my son and daughter, I had early pregnancy spotting. With my son, it lasted from week 6-8...off and on and never got heavy. With my daughter, it started at week 6 and lasted almost to week 12. At times it was very heavy and red. In fact, when I was six weeks pregnant with her, and they did an ultrasound, they told me that they were 100% sure that I was having a miscarriage and I should think about a D&C. I decided to wait a little longer...and boy, am I glad I did. 4 1/2 years later, she is healthy and beautiful! I had several ultrasounds when I was pregnant with her b/c the spotting wouldn't stop, so they kept checking on the baby.
All that to say, I THINK I will be 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Not real sure since this was a huge surprise and I wasn't keeping up with my cycle. Anyway, I started experiencing some light cramping earlier this afternoon and now I'm having some light spotting. It's a pinkish color...not blood red, but definitely there. My DH is trying to keep me calm by reminding me that we've been down this road twice before and we know that there can be an extremely positive outcome. In fact, if my timing is right with my cycle, then technically, the spotting is starting right on time. BUT, when you are pregnant, the last thing you want to see is any type of pink/red when you wipe. I feel like my heart is in my stomach. When I told my new Dr about my history with early bleeding, she told me if it started this time around to just get off my feet as much as possible, so that's what I'm doing. But, I'm still scared.
Just wanted to share! Praying the spotting/cramping stop VERY soon!
Stacey
January 22nd, 2012, 02:36 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Best of luck! Hopefully the spotting & cramping is nothing to worry about!

January 22nd, 2012, 02:37 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know it is easier said than done but just rest keep your feel up and do not stress. I am sending good vibes your way!!! keep us posted

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

January 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other girls! Even though it is really hard, do your best to relax and reassure yourself!
January 22nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Oh no, just try to keep hydrated and take it easy, can you get to your doctor this week? I know its very scary any time you see any pink/red on the toilet paper.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search