Hyperemesis

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Super Mommy
Ok, so with my first DD, I had terrible hyperemesis. I threw up virtually every waking hour, and sometimes overnight too. It lasted the entire pregnancy. I lost 10 pounds in four weeks, more over the course of the pregnancy. I realize now that my doctor was not very proactive. She gave me a prescription for phenergan, but I couldn't keep the pills down. After I was hospitalized for dehydration, she gave me suppositories, but they didn't work either.
My second pregnancy was a little better. I felt miserable-queasy until 12 weeks, and then it was gone. No vomiting.
So this time around, I decided (ha ha, right?) that I would not be getting sick again. Well, as soon as I hit six weeks, it came on full force. Over the weekend, it was particularly bad. I had an appointment yesterday at 10, and by the time I got to the doctor's office, I had already been sick 5 times, including once when I'd had to pull the car over on the way there.
Anyway, this is a new doctor, and I really like him, and he gave me a script for Zofran. I took the first one and felt so much better... then took the second and was up all night with the queasies. Took the third one at 5 am and started throwing up again at 6.
Anyone else find that Zofran didn't work for you? Did anything else work? This seems so much worse that the first time around, mostly because my daughters guarantee that I can't stay in bed all day.
January 24th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you have to deal with that. zofran worked for me but I was no where near as sick as you.

January 24th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Zofran- they give it to chemo patients. It was the only thing that helped me through my last pregnancy.

January 25th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Super Mommy
Ok, so after another day, I'm almost positive Zofran is not going to be the answer for me. At least maybe not Zofran by itself. I still haven't been able to keep anything down, and by the time DH got home from work last night, I was practically in tears on the couch. He put me in bed and took the kids out for pizza, and I stayed in bed for 14 hours. I'm going to give it one more day, but then I'm going to have to head back to the doctor, I think. He said at my last appt that he wanted me to focus on maintaining my current weight, but I've already dropped almost five pounds.
January 25th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Zofran does not work for me either. Phenergan does but it makes me tired so I can only take it at night. I just deal with the nausea until it subsides.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search