Got gas??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
I am breastfeeding Rilyn and she seems to be having more problems with gas the last couple days. She doesn't sleep as well at night and a lot of times will sit and grunt then cry, it seems like every 20 minutes or so in the early morning hours so we are not sleeping. She seems better during the day. I just tried some simethicone drops...hopefully these will help. She is still pooping (liquid seedy yellow) and peeing regularly, just seems like she is always trying to poop! Anyone else's LO having tummy troubles?? She never spits up but she also takes a while to get her to burp if I get her to at all. Any advice would help!

January 24th, 2012, 03:07 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you eaten things that typically make you gassy? Like onions, beans, stuff like that? Cody reacts pretty much the same as I do to food. If I've got gas from it, so does he.

January 24th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
I haven't eaten anything different...I usually avoid gas producing foods in general myself.

January 24th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
Have you tried cutting out dairy for a couple days to see if she's sensitive? Kalebs gets a little gassy every once and a while and the vibrating bouncer seems to calm him. He doesn't cry though just grunts a little and makes funny faces. Hope she starts sleeping better for you!
January 24th, 2012, 08:41 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
All of that can be typical and not really gassy. New babies aren't really comfortable with the pooping and the gas. They don't like it. If you think she has gas you can lay her across your lap face down with her belly across your leg(s) and kind of jiggle/bounce them gently while supporting her head with your arm. Also, hold her sitting sideways on your lap supporting her head and back with your hands and lean her back and forth side to side. Usually that will get them burping/passing gas.

Her poop and amount of times she is pooping is completely normal. Could she be hungry when she is grunting like that at night?

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search