My 39+1 week appointment

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2012, 11:56 AM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Still not much of a change except that I'm now at 4 cm instead of 3. I was contracting before I went in, but for some reason everytime I get checked (or DTD) it stops my contractions. I've never had that happen before, and it's making me a little nervous to even let the nurses check me when I finally do go into labor.... I'm afraid being checked will stall my labor since this has happened the past three times I've been checked- and when dh and I dtd- now. Has anyone else had this happen? Or know what would cause that to happen?

Also, dh and I have a bet going on. DH is betting that baby will be here between Jan. 26-28 and I think Feb. 1-3rd. At this point, it doesn't matter to me who's right, but my ob won't be on call this weekend, so I'm hoping this little guy comes before or after the weekend. I've had some anxiety about his delivery since I found out I was pregnant, and even though I know the ob is only in the room for a short amount of time, I would still feel better knowing that the Dr who knows my history is delivering me rather than some Dr I've never met (or even heard of until today). :/

January 25th, 2012, 12:17 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there more than one doctor in your group? If so it is odd they don't make you a least see each one once so you know them all.

I hope baby cooperates with your timeline!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
4cm sounds awesome! thats what i was a week before Matt came Don't worry about being checked, when you're in real labor, nothings gonna stop it won't be long now!!!

<3

<3
January 25th, 2012, 01:18 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
Is there more than one doctor in your group? If so it is odd they don't make you a least see each one once so you know them all.

I hope baby cooperates with your timeline!
Yes, there are four doctors (I think) in their group, but I have never met any of the others (and this is my 3rd child with them). What's worse is that I found out, just today, that it wouldn't even be anyone in the practice that will deliver me if I deliver this weekend... It will be a lady who worked for them about three years ago, but now has her own practice and delivers for them, too. So, even if I had met the others in the office, I still would not have known her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -3-Hearts View Post
4cm sounds awesome! thats what i was a week before Matt came Don't worry about being checked, when you're in real labor, nothings gonna stop it won't be long now!!!

I thought you were 4cm for a little while before Matt was born. I just couldn't remember how long. So that gives me hope that maybe I'll win the bet after all. And, better yet, then I wouldn't have to worry about my ob not being there.

January 25th, 2012, 01:36 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh that stinks, at least a different doctor in the practice would probably have been consulted on your history. One from a totally different practice might not :/

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't get discouraged momma! You'll do great - and 4 cm is good progress! Chin up!

January 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you win Wishing you the best of luck!

January 25th, 2012, 07:49 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMyBlessings View Post

I thought you were 4cm for a little while before Matt was born. I just couldn't remember how long. So that gives me hope that maybe I'll win the bet after all. And, better yet, then I wouldn't have to worry about my ob not being there.

I was dilated to 3 at 38 weeks, and 4 at 39 weeks. he was born at 40+2

<3

<3
January 25th, 2012, 08:25 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Groundhogs Day would be a fun birthday! Hoping he makes it easy and comes when your dr is on.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search