do you get any me time

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2012, 06:47 PM
jenny poo27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sitting here feeding hannah and playing go fish with matthew while explaining the hockey all stars to christopher im thinking.......when did i shower last??? Im pretty sure it was last sunday eeekkk lol and eeewww lol

do you get a lot of me time

Last edited by jenny poo27; January 28th, 2012 at 06:52 PM.
January 28th, 2012, 07:35 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Every day I get up and get the 5 year old to school (DH drives him and leaves at the same time) and then take a shower when the 2.5 year old is home. I have to gate off every room but the one she is in and then jump in quickly, but I feel I need to shower every day. Once the baby comes, I will bring the baby in the bathroom with me in the bouncer chair while I shower. Sometimes a busy mom does what she has to do.

January 28th, 2012, 07:39 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The boys can't occupy themselves while you put the baby in a seat in the bathroom with you while you hop in real quick?

January 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do get me time. Les snow that i have a boobie baby, but my hubby does a great job of letting me get away for a few minutes to decompress.
swade66 likes this.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Oh the boys do a great job of keeping themselves busy today i even took a 30 min power nap on the couch while hannah was sleeping and the boys occupied themselves. i guess this week just got away from me

January 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
It's hard to get any alone time because I am breastfeeding but my husband is really good about watching Kaleb so I can get a few mins. A shower is much more relaxing when I don't have to look out every 2 mins to make sure he is doing ok in the bouncer. I got my hair done last week while my husband sat by me and watched him
January 28th, 2012, 10:35 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I get some me time every night after he gets home from work..he takes the kids even if its just for 20 minutes with the youngest so i can be alone but then he will play with the others for an hour and get them ready for bed and he also puts the older two kids to bed as well. so i count that as my "me time". I either go online, watch something on netflix or shower during that time.
January 29th, 2012, 08:37 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I get me time...on the way too and from work. Haha

As for showers I pu ton Mickey Mouse and either have Elizabeth keep an eye on him in the living room (if he is sleeping) or I put him in his chair in the bathroom doorway. I cant not shower that woukd make me nuts.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 29th, 2012, 10:45 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Between feedings, I have time to shower, try to remember to eat (not so great at this), put on laundry, etc. As soon as I put him down after he eats, I get to work because I never know when the chance will happen again.

January 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually get me time when Jeff gets home. He will hold Charlie and watch Marina so I can get a break. I usually shower and eat when both kiddos are sleeping. Not trying to be rude but as a nurse hygiene is very important to me. You really need to try to shower more than once a week because you are opening yourself up to infection not to mention risking giving your kids an infection because of poor hygiene practices. And if you are still having PP bleeding and not showering you are opening yourself to a vaginal infection as well. Not to mention, you had a c/s and it's very important to keep the incisional area clean so that you do not become septic. Maybe shower when your kids are at school and the others are napping. Again, not trying to be rude, but research proves that the best way to keep infections at bay is good hygiene. I really hope you find some time to yourself to kick back and relax. It's very important for your mental health as well.
swippy and HonestMamma like this.

Last edited by MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy; January 29th, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
January 29th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Super Mommy
I get a little me time, when Haven is sleeping during the day and Gabriel is at school. I shower every day, but when I am rushed I skip washing my hair. There is something about a shower in the morning that helps me wake up and focus so much better.
NutMeg76 likes this.

January 29th, 2012, 12:14 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
I somehow manage to get time lol. While John is working, I have Erin and Matt by myself from about 6am-6:30pm. Justin leaves for school at 7:20am and gets home around 3:15pm. Between Erin and Matt, it's HARD trying to get anything done! I get a shower when John gets home, but I somehow manage to clean the house while he's gone lol. I swear I have the most demanding 2 year old and newborn ever!!

<3

<3
January 29th, 2012, 12:24 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get some me time. DH is really good about letting me talk a bath/shower everyday but I normally make sure that Chloe has been fed and is sleeping or content before I go. Also, during the day I try to let Bella take a nap around the same time Chloe takes a bottle and is sleepy. That way they can both sleep for a bit and I have time to do some of the things that I need to do.

If I send Bella to daycare during the day, I can get a lot done while Chloe doses in and out all day.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
January 29th, 2012, 01:33 PM
christopher is gone for the day at a skating party. I got a shower in the morning once we all got up because the police had me up all night..stupid crap neighborhood i live in...hannah cried on and off while i was in the shower but it was more of a whine I felt kind of bad but oh well..i have yet to tackle any house work or laundry yet today.....hoping i can get some done this afternoon.

January 29th, 2012, 02:48 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny poo27 View Post
christopher is gone for the day at a skating party. I got a shower in the morning once we all got up because the police had me up all night..stupid crap neighborhood i live in...hannah cried on and off while i was in the shower but it was more of a whine I felt kind of bad but oh well..i have yet to tackle any house work or laundry yet today.....hoping i can get some done this afternoon.
I can imagine as a single Mom "me time" would be pretty rare. I am lucky enough to not only have my husband to help out but I am also close to my Mom and Step-Dad, Dad and sister and they all love spending time with the kids and doing special things with them.
January 29th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't imagine being a single mom of three-it's hard for me and I have DH to help me out. I am sure it'll take awhile to figure out all of the logistics. I have to make "me" time. Taking a shower to start the day is a must for me-I get moving before DH leaves for work so that he can watch the kids if they wake up. That way, I feel like I'm ready for the day.

When DH gets home, he's in charge for a bit. Sometimes I'll run to Target just to get a coffee and walk around. Then I'm recharged and ready to tackle it all again.

January 29th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've started taking showers in the evening after the kids go to bed. Even Natalie has her "bedtime" of 8:30pm and dh has taken to putting her down/rocking her to bed. I prefer morning showers, both to wake me up and because i have curly hair, but for the next couple months i think evening showers are the best way to make sure i have time.

Also, since i can watch tv during daytime feedings and fussy periods, and get some (minimal) housework done during naps, i've started to take the evenings as "me time" - quick shower, and a half hour of reading time in bed before lights out at 9:30 or 10pm. The earlier bed time, and half hour of reading (and an occassional xanax) seems to be warding off the anxiety/depression i had with Max and feel creeping up from time to time.

January 30th, 2012, 02:10 PM
LilBecca's Avatar Veteran
Aidens a really good baby, and he's my only child right now, so yea I get some me time. He usually gets up around 7 for a feeding, diaper change, mommy time, etc. Then by 8 he's usually passed out again, so I take that morning time to catch a nap. Then around 10 or 11 he's up again, and we go through the same routine, and then he passes out again until about 1 or so. I use that time to shower, clean, etc. Then its up time, so for a few hours I'm doing nothing but spending time with Aiden. Then around 4:30 Daddy comes home and takes over for awhile. So I can sit down play on the PC, watch TV or catch another nap. Although today, I've taken more time on the PC. All I have to do is dishes and they can wait til DH gets home, LOL

January 30th, 2012, 03:51 PM
ugh i feel like im sinking fast and cant find time to do anything.....
Currently hannah is starting to wake up in her carseat...i have a headache im trying to cook dinner, make christophers lunch for tomorrow, kids need baths tonight.

January 30th, 2012, 05:12 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny poo27 View Post
ugh i feel like im sinking fast and cant find time to do anything.....
Currently hannah is starting to wake up in her carseat...i have a headache im trying to cook dinner, make christophers lunch for tomorrow, kids need baths tonight.
Call the baby's dad and tell him you need him to come over and help. He can take care of her while you take care of the boys, get them to bed, and then take a shower.
NutMeg76 and cynb like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search