Induction tomorrow.. ah!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By -Anna-
  • 1 Post By Babymakes5tn
  • 2 Post By -3-Hearts
  • 2 Post By NutMeg76
  • 1 Post By KnJ'sMomma727

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My induction is tomorrow at 630 am. I'm sooo nervous! I went in to L&D yesterday because I thought I was leaking fluid. I wasn't but I found out I'm STILL 2cm and 50%. Blah! Which makes me even more nervous about tomorrow! It's not like I'm NOT contracting! So why the heck arent these contractions doing anything!? And how's the pitocin suppose to help open me up if all it's going to do is make me contract too? UGH! I've been stressing over this so much! I feel like my cervix is never going to dilate! I've had the cytotec, I've been dtd, been walking, bumpy roads, lol Nothing's working!
Tomorrow they're going to do the pitocin in intervals, making it stronger over time. If I don't dilate by 5pm, they're going to move me to the maternity ward to eat and rest. Then theyll bring me back the next morning to try again. She said if I still dont dilate, theyll do a csection but I'm thinking I'm going to decline that. If my water's intact and baby looks ok then I'd rather wait as long as possible to try to go on my own. I reeeallly dont want a csection! lol
The good thing is that both the nurse and the ob said that my cervix looks favorable for the pitocin to work the first time.. So since they obviously know more than me I should try to find comfort in that. The nurse said that I'm soft and I have a good contracting pattern, and since I'm already dilated a little, it should work. So... prayers would be nice! I really hope it works the first day and I'm holding my lil Jackson by dinner time! Hopefully I can sleep tonight! I'm going to me a nervous wreck. I spent all night last night crying and worrying. My fears ranged from csection, to pain, to missing my daughter, to not being allowed to eat once I get there, Lol!! My mind was all over the place! Hopefully I got that all out of my system though. I'd hate to spend all that time in labor with like 2 hours of sleep. Well, wish me luck.

January 29th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Veteran
Good luck! I go in for my induction tonight at 8, so I feel your (mental) pain!
January 29th, 2012, 09:57 AM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
good luck tomorrow! I hope you have a good nights sleep

January 29th, 2012, 10:48 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't stress! Everything will be fine. I was 2cm and 85% effaced when they started my induction this time, so I was pretty much where you are now. They increased my pit over time too and I promise that it's much more than the contractions that you are feeling now. I'm sure they will make you dilate and progress.

Just think - You will be holding sweet Jackson soon! GL!

eta: I took a benedry the night before my induction to help me sleep because I knew I would be nervous. That's something to think about if you think you will have trouble sleeping. Rest up! You will need it!
KnJ'sMomma727 likes this.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
January 29th, 2012, 10:52 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wishing you the best of luck and tons of ELVs!!! You are going to do great! Try to get plenty of rest today and tonight

January 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Super Mommy
Try to relax! I was 2 cm and 80% when I was induced and I delivered in 8 hrs!! Try to sleep tonight, a good night's sleep was really nice, esp since it's the last one for quite a while! lol. Fingers crossed that things go quickly and smoothly, you will be holding your LO so soon. Good luck!
KnJ'sMomma727 likes this.

January 29th, 2012, 12:19 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
PLEASE get some rest!! Take a tylenol pm or some benedryl! Everything is going to be fine. You have to have him because I'm ready to see him wear his little 3D socks I got him LOL
-Anna- and KnJ'sMomma727 like this.

<3

<3
January 29th, 2012, 12:55 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try to relax! The more stressed you are the less it is likely for the induction to work. Our brains are very powerful things and can really effect how we labor ad deliver.
-3-Hearts and Mrs. Harris like this.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 29th, 2012, 12:59 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Ditto everyone else. Just relax and be happy you will finally get to see his face!

January 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
If youre going to take something, try to be in bed by 9pm if you can, that way you'll get enough sleep!

<3

<3
January 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much ladies!!! The previous induction stories help a lot too! I'll try to get lots of rest! I'm trying to get all the stressing done today and yesterday that way tomorrow I can just be excited! I'm actually starting to get really excited now instead of nervous and scared! I can't wait to see my lil man!!
-Anna- likes this.

January 29th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You'll do great! I'm glad the nervous feeling is switching to excitement. ELV's!

January 29th, 2012, 07:43 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you're beginning to feel more excitement rather than nervousness. Good luck and ELV's your way! Can't wait to see pics of your baby boy!

January 29th, 2012, 07:51 PM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be thinking of you!
January 29th, 2012, 11:41 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i hope it goes by fast and quick for you girl!
January 30th, 2012, 03:15 AM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
Good luck & ELV's! I hope everything goes well

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search