Rate Your Birthing Experience

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Rate Your Birth Experience
1- Went terrible, I never want to go through that again 2 7.41%
2- Pretty bad 3 11.11%
3- Average, can't complain. Some good, some bad. 3 11.11%
4- Great. Would change a few things, but overall a good experience 13 48.15%
5- Wonderful! Exactly what I wanted 6 22.22%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2012, 02:08 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
This is on a scale of 1-5, so rate your experience feel free to give details. This will be open for a while
January 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Is it bad that my birthing experience made me reconsider being "done"? lol I was supposed to have my tubes tied later next month but we have decided to go for the IUD instead because everything about adding Bella to our family has been so perfect that neither of us wants to make a final decision about our family being complete just yet.
January 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
I gave my experience a 5! Although it wasn't exactly what I had planned ( I wanted an epidural and not to feel anything), it still was great! I LOVED my doctor and how quickly everything went. I wasn't planning on doing everything natural but I am very pleased that it went so well and I was able to deliver drug free!

January 29th, 2012, 03:19 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gave a 2. I almost chose 1 but we are going to wait atleast 3-4 years to decide
January 29th, 2012, 03:28 PM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to say 1 but i feel bad for say that when the out come is so great. I was never want it to go so fast with so much pain also I didn't like how they didn't believe me when I said something is coming out and not to scream when I was in so much pain!

January 29th, 2012, 03:40 PM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
I voted 4. Overall I loved the experience but I would have liked if a few things didn't happen... Mainly that my contractions didnt really slow down and I didn't need pitocin.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

January 29th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
I voted 4 only because I didn't find out until 3 hours before he was born that an epidural would probably kill me. Since I didn't plan to go natural, didn't take any sort of classes or have any sort of preparation for natural pain management, etc I was going in to childbirth blind. It was scary!!
Fortunately my nurse & my OB were awesome at guiding me through the process so everything worked out great. It was also fortunate that Alexander didn't waste any time making his grand entrance.

January 29th, 2012, 04:08 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My birth was close to perfect. There are a few things that I would change if I could, but not really anything to make me upset. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but this birth makes me *almost* want another...lol

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 29th, 2012, 04:21 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
I voted 4, it was a great experience and of course I'm thrilled with the outcome. But I really wish I'd been better prepared to go without the epidural.

January 29th, 2012, 04:24 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I put a 5. My birth went exactly how I wanted it to.
BobbityBoo likes this.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
January 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I feel like I cant rate the birth experience. Its so different for me. Although i didnt want a c section i feel like everything went perfectly just like it was ment to for Carson and thats really what matters. So if i give it a number i say a 4 just because i had a c section and not a vaginal delivery.
-Anna- likes this.
January 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
1. Not only was the birth traumatizing to me but then after with the nicu and everything else was horrible.
January 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
I rated it a 4. It was nearly a 5, but I had one killer contraction that really knocked my focus off so I ended up with an epidural.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!
January 29th, 2012, 05:10 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
Minus the bleeding and and few other events, I'm very happy with my choice to go natural. I said a 4.
January 29th, 2012, 05:26 PM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
bahahahaha...

yes, that is all i can come up with on this one... I had it all planned out oh so well.

the actual birth went great. I cannot complain. I would love to make her a 36+ weeker and take away the gazillion previous hours of labor and drugs to stop it. I am not even sure how to rate that.

January 29th, 2012, 06:08 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I gave it a 4.

It went really really well and was almost perfect for this time around but for next time there will be NO pitocin and *maybe* no epidural. I would like to have had neither this time but 'eh.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 29th, 2012, 07:10 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I hate to say it but I really didn't enjoy this birth at all. I gave it a 3, I almost gave it a 4 because as more time goes on and the deeper in love I fall with Karaline, the more I forget. But when I actually reflect on my feelings on it immediately after I know its probably lower than 3. It was a really hard labor for my mentally. It was a lot longer and just plain confusing to me and I was not expecting that. That will teach me to think that birth is an old hat for me.

I am happy to have had a natural birth and a home birth and that everyone is healthy and happy... so I that is all really positive. I feel kind of silly and selfish to say that I didn't like this labor. Especially since I'm all pro-NCB... I feel like I can't say I didn't like it.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
January 29th, 2012, 07:36 PM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I said 4, even though my delivery was amazing.

The bleeding afterwards still kind of freaks me out and I forgot to reach down and pull him out myself, which makes me a little sad. The midwife on call (while fantastic) doesn't know me as well as my regular midwife, and was waiting for me to just reach down and get him instead of telling me to do it (which in that state, I need directions. ) Also, because of the scary bleeding, I didn't get the hormone rush afterwards, or the rush I did get wore off once I got scared. So that was a disappointment, even though it hasn't hindered my bonding or love with Holden.
January 29th, 2012, 07:51 PM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
I voted 1 here.

My delivery was going great until the on call Dr rushed everything, threatened me with an emergency c-section when it wouldn't have been necessary, and because of his decisions caused Jaxon's complications and NICU stay. I still haven't tried to write my birth story because thinking about it makes me so angry I could spit fire. That Dr will never touch me or my family again and he will have a formal complaint filed against him and he's lucky if I don't decide to go further with it.

January 30th, 2012, 12:02 AM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
I said 5. Because although I had a scheduled c/s , it was not on my scheduled date. And my doctor had me delivered before I even knew I was in labor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search