I'm so exhausted:(

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Blue-Jay
  • 1 Post By hotpinktulips
  • 1 Post By rosa32
  • 1 Post By Doodlebug06
  • 1 Post By NutMeg76

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Super Mommy
So Idan has mild reflux the doctor said. He does not spit up like my #2 did but he cannot get comfortable. He has the bubbles in his mouth and the noise like he is suffocating but somehow manages it. I have tried putting him down in the stroller on a 30% angle, in the bouncy seat..He seems to do ok during the day and I did have a few hour stretches bu tthe past three nights I have not gotten any sleep. He falls asleep on me he will stay asleep but then I am afraid I will drop him or hurt him. I put him down and he starts to kvetch and grunt and complain. I pick him up he nurses some more and goes back to sleep (on me) Last night I was determined not to fall asleep and I did not sleep all night. I slept maybe a total of 2 hours on and off. I am besides myself. I don't remember this being so hard before. My middle child is having major behavior issues and I just have no patience to deal with him because I'm so tired. He has been throwing temper tanturms, throws stuff, hits can't control his impulses lately and I have tried my best to be patient with him , love him, play one on one with him , encourage him give him resp0onsiblity.. I am doing everything by the book but so far its not really working. He knows that I get agitated if he is rough wiht baby or if he makes too much noise so thats the two places he pushes my buttons the most. I try to deter him and give him responsilbity but to no avail.. Yes this is a rant sorry.. I'm super in love with my boys but I feel like crying and feel like a total failure as a mother these days ...

January 30th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This sounds like my baby! The pediatrician wants us to keep a journal of her day (meaning the eating, crying and fussing) to see the pattern. She doesn't want to prescribe meds since she's gaining just fine. It's so tough to battle through this knowing that she's uncomfortable. I'm at a loss, too.

My four year old has been difficult too. I'm hoping that all of this will work itself out as time goes on. Know that you aren't alone in this! Hugs!!

January 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! Is there someone who could come watch the kids for you during the day so you could catch a nap?

I understand being tired and frustrated. When you have gotten no sleep, things are much much harder to deal with. I hope your little man starts sleeping better soon and you are able to get some rest.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
January 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Lilly had serious reflux. Have you gotten one of those mats that go under the mattress to elevate his head? That might help.

January 30th, 2012, 01:32 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If he is fine during the day and only does this at night, please go re-read teh link I posted about the Period of P.U.R.P.L.E Crying.

The Period of Purple Crying

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I'm so sorry. You are a great mom! You're just tired and at the end of your rope. New babies are hard on the whole family; just commiserate with your middle son and tell him you know how hard it is dealing with all this change. And keep doing what you're doing. It's okay to sleep while holding the baby! You'll wake up if you start to drop him. Or let him sleep on your belly while you sleep on your back. As long as you haven't taken anything to alter your sensibilities, your body will know before you make a harmful mistake, even if you're sleeping.

Try and get some rest, and don't be disheartened!
NutMeg76 and Mrs. Harris like this.

January 30th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
I completely agree with what Jenny said. It's ok for you to fall asleep when he's in bed with you. Whenever I sleep with Kaleb I wake up to every noise and movement and stay in the same position so I don't squish him(normally I move around a lot). You could sleep propped up on pillows with him on your chest. Try to keep him elevated. Can anyone help you so you can rest more? Hope things get easier for you soon!
January 31st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Super Mommy
Thank you everyone for your support and your empathy, it actually helps a lot. Last night I took Idan to the guest bedroom where there is a queen size bed and slept with him and we slept for four hours! From 10:30 -2:30. i propped him up on a pillow and it seemes to bother him. I cant find the right angle. I will go to the store todsy to get the wedge to see if it will help but I find that he does want to sleep on me. The reason I cant do that in my bed and Im afraid to hurt him is that my three year old currently co sleeps with us and dominated our bed. Im trying to move him to his own bed like we did with his older brother when he came along but at the moment having baby is stressful enough for him. I dont have enough room for Idan and Ariel...Anyway I think he does not have colic thank God like my first did which what purple crying seems to resemble. He does make chocking sounds and has a hard time getting comfortable because of the reflux. He was doing ok during the day until yesteday where he slept vey little. He seems to onlybwant to sleep on top of me during te day and night snd thatbis new to me. He is very easy to console once he is crying. I feel a bit better today because I got five hours of sleep on and off. Hopefully this gets easier

January 31st, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad you had a better night!

February 10th, 2012, 12:34 PM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I'm way late on this post, but did the wedge help? Has his Ped prescribed meds yet? DD was on meds until she was 6 months old, and we saw a huge change in her the first night using it!

Sending bug to you. I know how awful being severely sleep deprived is. I wish there was someone to help watch the kids so you could rest. I'm thinking of you hun.

DD has also started being extra loud this week, like she's trying to wake DS up on purpose. Really ticks me off. Hang in there, you're doing a great job mama.
Iritee likes this.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

February 11th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Veteran
Hi, just lurking from sept 2011 and I have to say that my little girl suffers from severe reflux and until they took it under control, it was HELL!!!! You need to tell your doctor to prescribe meds as it's the only thing that will help. The other thing, and i know everyone will judge as my peds has given me crap for, I put her to sleep on her stomach at about 1 month old...let me tell you, she started to sleep when I did that. I started with her in the afternoon and saw she was ok and I put her down at night and she started sleeping 4-5 hours streches...at 3 months she started to sleep 12 hours and has not had any problems with the reflux. The only time it gets bad, even today (but with the meds, there is no pain, just constant coming up) is when she is on her back. Babies with reflux have a hard time sleeping on their backs, regardless the angle. The peds told me I was doing a really bad thing by putting her on her stomach and I asked her what did she do with the severe reflux of her son, and she answered, he slept on me for the first year of his life...I thought that was dangerous too. You are the mother and you know best...but please have your baby get the meds, they get better IMMEDIATELY!!!
Iritee likes this.

February 11th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
Chiming in from feb.
Dd is 3 weeks and the LC that I saw says she thinks dd has reflux.
Wow. She only sleeps good on my stomach too!
I'm now thinking I need to ask for meds.
She is breastfeeding and has almot no spit up.
She Burps well. But she keeps sounding like she's spitting up and then swallows it.
The LC seems to think reflux. I guess I shd call the ped.
Iritee likes this.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

February 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sleeping on their tummy on top of mom is safer than sleeping on their tummy alone.
Iritee likes this.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Super Mommy
As soon as Idan is sleeping on his tummy on top of me he seems to totally relax and all his symptoms dissipate completely. His breathing quiets, he doenst seem to have any reflux and I have to keep touching him to make sure he is ok becuase he is so silent and comfortable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search