Any more belly sleeper babies ???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2012, 08:45 PM
everafter's Avatar Super Mommy
Lilly is a very difficult sleeper...

She is very active in her sleep, her arms going all over the place and waking herself up this way...

Swaddling works only for a little while, then she wakes up and screams bloody murder if she can't get out of it on her own....

I would pick her up and sleep with her on my belly/chest and she would actually sleep from one feeding to another...

During the day I put her in the pack'n'play and after her waking up every 5 minutes I would put her on her tummy and again, she would sleep from feeding to feeding....

I'm scared to do this at night though so nights are HORROR for me waking up every 5-10 minutes either consoling her or swaddling her again....

Funny thing is....I'm a belly sleeper, always have been and it was soooo hard for me not to be able to do this while pregnant, so I feel her pain ....

But thinking about having these sleepless nights until she's old enough to roll over on her own....uggghhh...not fun....

January 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I sometimes put carson on his tummy during the day when he naps. Mostly i wear him otherwise he wakes up too.
January 30th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I'm trying to wear her too, but she doesn't stay in the wrap she always wiggles her way out of it...mostly her head and tries to look around ....

January 30th, 2012, 10:03 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I have the back pack type that goes in the front. Id like to get a wrap. I didnt think id like to wear him but i love it.
January 30th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilesAreContagious View Post
I have the back pack type that goes in the front. Id like to get a wrap. I didnt think id like to wear him but i love it.
I used to have one of those with the boys and it hurt my back fast....

The moby wrap I got....I LOVE it !!!!!....besides the point that Lilly thinks she's already got full head control .....it is soooo comfortable on my back (and she's about 10 lbs !!!) it doesn't feel anything like with the front carrier....plus she's more secure in there than in the front carrier, no constantly having to hold baby to not slip out when I bend over....

Love my moby !!!!

January 31st, 2012, 10:00 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
My youngest son was a tummy sleeper. He absolutely would not sleep on his back. I bedshare though so night time sleeping wasnt an issue but for naps I put him on his tummy to sleep too.
January 31st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
He sleeps on his stomach on me but I've never tried to lay him like that when I'm nog holding him. He hates being flat on his back though. Has to be on his side (when I'm watching him) or on his back with his head elevated.
January 31st, 2012, 12:43 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
^ Douglas is the same way, and although I always put him on his back at night, he ends up on his side no matter what. We bed share and I'm a very light sleeper, so I'm not terribly concerned, but it's a little scary.

January 31st, 2012, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Natalie sleeps on her back but not flat in the crib. She sleeps in her rocker seat, and Max, when he was an infant, slept in his car seat. At about 10/11 weeks i will switch her to the crib, like i did with Max, but i've felt it is easier for newborns to sleep cradled in some way and for both kids it has been great so far.

January 31st, 2012, 12:59 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
sometimes matt naps during the day on his belly in the pnp, but not at night. but he can also roll from front to back and turn his head, so during the day, it doesnt worry me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search