3 week PP check up

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2012, 02:02 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my three week check up today. The dr said I am clear to DTD...but I think I am going to withhold that information from DH. I also am scheduled to get Mirena put in. He gave me a pack of BC pills to start this Sunday so that we will know when I will have a period and can come in to have the IUD put in.

All in all it was a great check up.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
January 31st, 2012, 02:05 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Lol thats funny. Poor DH haha. I think Nick has a count down going till my 5 week PP check.
January 31st, 2012, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ha! I am still bleeding at 3 weeks pp, but i really can't even think about dtd yet. Way too stressed out and exhausted to go there, and i'm pretty sure dh feels the same way.

January 31st, 2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBee View Post
Ha! I am still bleeding at 3 weeks pp, but i really can't even think about dtd yet. Way too stressed out and exhausted to go there, and i'm pretty sure dh feels the same way.
I'm still bleeding a little bit too, that's why I'm not bringing it up. I was pretty shocked that he gave me go ahead this early.

January 31st, 2012, 02:57 PM
pvm4ever88's Avatar Super Mommy
That does seem early for the go ahead. I think a lot of our guys are doing the countdown lol

January 31st, 2012, 03:10 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
Did they do a pap smear? The speculum was so uncomfortable. My 3 week check up was yesterday but we have to wait a few more days because my stitches are still dissolving. She accidentally pulled on one of them and it HURT!
January 31st, 2012, 03:32 PM
I didnt get a pap because i am not due for one yet but he did check my stitches and look at my cervix. He said my stitches are almost all gone. Woohoo.

January 31st, 2012, 04:20 PM
Super Mommy
I have no desire for the first time in my life to DTD.. and I am not having a checkup until 6weeks PP.. The whole area is truamatized , I just want to wait till the desire comes back.

January 31st, 2012, 05:12 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
I have a new dr this time around and they dont see you until 6 weeks. That seemed odd to me. Anyone else not being seen until later?

January 31st, 2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna&RyansMommy View Post
I have a new dr this time around and they dont see you until 6 weeks. That seemed odd to me. Anyone else not being seen until later?
I thought being seen at 6 weeks was normal. I thought it was strange that I was being seen at 3.

January 31st, 2012, 05:38 PM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna&RyansMommy View Post
I'm not being seen until 6 weeks pp either.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

February 1st, 2012, 07:26 AM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not being seen til 6weeks, I'm with Anna, I had no idea doctors saw women sooner! I wish they did for those of us with tears or csections to be sure everything is looking good
February 1st, 2012, 08:34 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is why I love seeing a midwife! They come see you at home within 24-48 hours after birth. 1 week, 3 week and 6 week appts in their office! When I had an OB 6 weeks was the standard. But I did think that if you had a c/s you got an early appt. So that sounds odd to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Harris View Post
Did they do a pap smear? The speculum was so uncomfortable. My 3 week check up was yesterday but we have to wait a few more days because my stitches are still dissolving. She accidentally pulled on one of them and it HURT!
Are you still bleeding? My MW said we should push my 6 week check back a bit because I'm due for a pap and she wanted to make sure my bleeding was good and gone because it can effect a pap. I actually had known that because I had ONE abnormal pap in my life and it was because I had gotten it done too close to my period. So don't freak if it comes back abnormal.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search