Anyone change their mind about circumcision at last minute?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By sunnyday3
  • 1 Post By NutMeg76
  • 3 Post By AnnaandRyansMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2012, 06:49 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
*This is not meant to start a debate or make anyone feel bad. I respect both decisions. Just curious if anyone changed their mind like I did.*

While I was pregnant I was pretty sure that we would have Kaleb circumsized. After he was born and I was holding him I just couldn't send him off to have surgery. We had already been separated for a little while while he was in the NICU and I didn't want him to leave me again. I was also scared of him not wanting to breastfeed afterwards or something going wrong. I feel like we made the right choice for us.

Am I the only one who changed their mind after baby was born?

Last edited by Mrs. Harris; January 31st, 2012 at 06:53 PM.
January 31st, 2012, 06:57 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
No, I didnt change my mind. I am still happy we did it. It only took a few minutes and he was brought right back to me. He also never complained...no crying...and it healed up nice and quick.

I am glad you made the choice that was right for you though.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 31st, 2012, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think parenting is like that. Sometimes you totally go with your gut at the last minute and it's the best decision you ever could have made for your child. This will happen to you over and over again. You do what's right at the time.

January 31st, 2012, 11:49 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I almost changed my mind. And sometimes I really wish that I had :/
-3-Hearts likes this.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 1st, 2012, 03:55 AM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
We changed our minds while I was in labor. I told DH he could make that decision. He decided to get him circumcised and then just a few days before he was born he said he wasn't sure anymore. He did some research and he couldn't find a reason to do it, other than because he is. When I was admitted they asked and we still weren't sure. Finally we decided if we aren't all for it we should leave well enough alone. I'm happy with our decision.

February 1st, 2012, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't change my mind, but it was still a very, VERY difficult decision for me. I thought about it for a long time and did some reseearch. Deep down I knew I would be happier in the long run if we had it done, but sending him for the procedure was one of the hardest things I've had to do as a parent. I cried the whole time he was gone. His doc said he did really well and he is healing nicely. I AM happy with our choice, but I am also happy that it's over with and I don't have to think about it anymore.

February 1st, 2012, 09:59 AM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't change my mind I'm happy we did it the only bad part I had to wait a week and I watched it get done I wasn't going to leave him I just wish my DH would have come but he started a new job. I just feel bad for my little man because a week later he had to go get a piece of extra skin removed from his pinky finger it's called a digit I didn't stay in the room for that. He's all good now every's healed good.

February 1st, 2012, 10:35 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took Cody to get it done yesterday. It was really hard, especially since he was already 12 days old. I personally would have preferred to leave him natural, but DH wanted him circed, and we decided that since DH is the one who has a penis, he got to make the decision.

It did upset him when he saw what the post-surgical penis-gauze-healing stuff looks like, but aside from that he's glad we had it done. I am not. I wish we hadn't.

February 1st, 2012, 07:44 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
If you're not 100% on board, don't do it. And that goes for any parenting choice. My oldest is circd and I seriously regret having it done . I didn't make that mistake with matt

<3

<3
February 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
The decision was made the day we left the hospital, however we nearly changed our minds.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!
February 5th, 2012, 05:25 PM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely knew I wanted DS circumcised, but got cold feet at the hospital and didn't have it done before we left. Five days later I made his appointment to have it done when he was 14 days old. I had been stressing about it for the last week, and was very emotional the day of, but am thankful it's done and over with.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search