Zumba

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2012, 11:38 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know some of you are big Zumba fans. I got the all clear to work out yesterday and Zumba is starting at our school tomorrow for the teachers. So I'm going. I'm a little scared since my body has not moved much in the past 9 months. Ekk. i hope it goes good. Any advice?

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
February 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to take this so bad!! I don't have a gym membership so I have no where to take it. Boo!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
February 1st, 2012, 11:47 AM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I have no advice but have heard great things about it and have always wanted to try it. Lets us know how it goes. Im sure you will do great.
February 1st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbityBoo View Post
I want to take this so bad!! I don't have a gym membership so I have no where to take it. Boo!
One of the teachers at our school in an instructor, so she is doing it at the school twice a week for the teachers. It's really sweet of her.

I'm thinking I will just try to stay on the back row. HAHA!

February 1st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE Zumba. I'm overweight and so i don't love taking a lot of classes like Yoga where i feel awkward. But Zumba is easy enough to pickup the moves after a couple of classes, and so much fun!

February 1st, 2012, 02:01 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My main advice is not to feel discouraged if it's difficult to keep up at first since you said you haven't been super active the past 9 mos. Also, I have found that my body tolerates workouts better when I put in better fuel, so I'd suggest really limiting sweets, sodas (even diet!), etc. And I like to eat a little something small before working out, maybe 30 minutes prior. Like a piece of fruit or some yogurt or something. It seems to help me hold on during a whole workout.

Good luck.

February 1st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Super Mommy
Just have fun and move your body snyway it will go, dont overdo it, pace yourself if you feel tired stop and get water or do a basic move. Zumba is so much fun if you can get into the energy of the music and not worry so much about anyone else or how you look like doing it.. I hope you enjoy it. I cant wait to start back up again.

February 1st, 2012, 08:30 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
Its very fun and addictive! I was going 3 nights a week til I got pregnant lol. I even went to a 3hr zumbafest once. It'll take a few times to get the moves down and you're gonna be sore but I promise you'll love it and its worth it. I can't wait to go back. I just hope I can find a class that is intense enough. I was literally getting my butt kicked at the gym I was going to. I went to a place closr to home and was highly disappointed because the girl didn't get into it and.it was very low intensity. But in order for it to give you results you have to get into it lol. Dance your heart out lol

<3

<3
February 2nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE Zumba and miss it so much! Can't wait to start back! I didn't like it the first time because I didn't know any of the moves, but after about 4 times I got the hang of it and loved it. You can adjust the intensity to fit your needs which is awesome. Definitely give it a few times and Britt is right, very addictive. What I love is that it's fun and doesn't even feel like a work out. I will glance at the clock and be shocked by how much time has passed a lot of times. Let us know how you like it!

February 2nd, 2012, 01:40 PM
Super Mommy
Zumba is SO fun!! It is a fantastic workout, you will sweat and burn lots of calories. I would stay in the middle or back, where you have a clear view of the instructor. The moves can be very complicated, it will take you a few times to get the hang of things. Have fun and drink lots of water!!
I have Zumba for the Wii and it is fantastic!!

February 2nd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Ugh! I didn't end up going. Chloe was up all night last night and she was soooo fussy this afternoon. I felt bad leaving her with Jon to watch when she had been/was being so fussy.

I feel like Jon is having a hard time bonding with her and I didn't want to force him to keep her when she was being difficult. I would rather him keep her when they can enjoy each other. Plus, he is tutoring today...so there are extra kids at our house.

Maybe next week!

Last edited by -Anna-; February 2nd, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search