Jackson's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2012, 03:22 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We arrived at the hospital at 6:30 a.m. to start the induction. We sat and relaxed for a little while until the OB arrived. In the mean time they started my IVs for fluid and antibiotics.
At 745am Dr. Jagga came in to check my cervix and start the Pitocin. She said I was a “tight” 3 cm and 50% effaced. I was contracting irregularly.
I sat and visited with family and noticed the contractions getting closer together but they were very bearable. I noted that at 9am they were 2-3 minutes apart.
My parents, Josh’s parents, and my brother were all there visiting in shifts. I watched TV and just focused through the pain. I noticed shutting my eyes and rocking my legs back and forth helped a lot. At 11am they were a lot stronger and 1-2 minutes apart. They looked like nice steady waves on the screen. I had a lot of pink discharge also.
I got checked at 11:10am and was 3cm and 70% effaced and they added the 2nd bag of antibiotics.
After about an hour the pain was bringing tears to my eyes as I was trying to focus through them so I opted to get a shot of Stadol at about 12:15. It really helped and I remember being very loopy but trying to have a conversation with my dad while Josh and his mom and my mom went to get lunch.
While they were gone I noticed this warm little gush of fluid, it felt like I pee’d myself and I thought to myself… “I’m not that out of it am I”. So I called the nurse in to check and she said that I was almost 4cm, 80% effaced and leaking a little fluid with bloody show and that my bag of water was still intact.
I noticed the stadol wearing off and that my contractions were right on top of each other.
At around 220 the nurse came in to do a check. It was a lot more painful and she started to check to see if the bag was still intact right when a contraction came and POP, my water broke! I was 4-5 cm at that point. After that the contractions changed a lot and were hardly bearable. So I got a shot of stadol but it didn’t do a thing! So I opted to get the epidural.
The anesthesiologist came in at about 330. I had to lie on my side and my family (including Josh) was told to leave. I had to do the typical stuff, like arch my back like a cat, put my chin on my chest, pull up my legs, etc. It was very uncomfortable especially during an intense contraction. My nurse was awesome and held my hand and talked to me the whole time. The first prick was painful and the pressure on my back was intense but when I expected relief… I got none. Then I felt another prick and more pressure and still no relief…. There was lots of pressure and movement and I had no idea what was happening. I began to panic but was told not to move. Thought it was my fault, I wasn’t arching my back enough or pushing my chin down far enough. My body was so stiff trying to hold the position and get through the contractions. The pain was so intense that sweat was pouring off of me. I managed to get out “Is it almost over.” The nurse wiped my forehead and smoothed my hair like a mom would and said “almost honey.” Then another prick and more pressure and still no relief! There was a knock on the door; it was Josh asking if everything was ok. The nurse quickly shooed him away. Poor guy must have been worried. My body was trembling and I asked what I was doing wrong. The anesthesiologist explained that it wasn’t my fault, I was doing everything perfect. He was getting into the epidural space but when he’d place the catheter, all he’d get was blood… He was getting into the vein each time and he couldn’t finish because it’d cause lots of problems for me getting into my blood stream. So he said he’d try one last time. I thought “all this and it might be for nothing?!” I wanted it to work and was screaming “please please please work” in my head over and over again! So the final prick… the final bit of pressure… and …..Relief!! Omg it worked!! So, I got back on my back, the nurse changed my clothes since they were soaked with sweat and fixed my hair and then let my family back in.
I explained to them all briefly what happened and showed them my bloody sheets. Then I got a contraction and felt this odd pop in the left side of my stomach and pain on that side. The nurse thought that lying on my left side would help so I rolled over and started feeling a lot of pain in my vagina. She checked me at 4:15 p.m. and I was 7cm. She said “I wouldn’t be surprised if he came within the hour” I thought she was nuts. I still had a while to go. My MIL said she’d go get Kayley so she could visit one last time. Then the nurse told me she was going to leave and to page her if I felt pressure. I said “kind of like I have to poop right, not this weird feeling I’m having now” she asked what it felt like and I said “like my vagina’s going to explode” Her eyes got big and laughed and said “I better check you again” She left the room to get something and the pressure got a lot worse, I told my mom to run out and tell my MIL not to bring kayley back, so she ran out of the room. I had Josh go get the nurse and she barely put her hand in when she called for the nurse in the hall to get the OB and the cart. I heard her say I was 10 cm, 100% and -2 station. She started tearing down the bed and my head started spinning. I couldn’t believe it was time already! I was scared to push but excited that it was time. I got my legs up and she had me grab the hand bars and push a few times to get the hang of it. After about 3 pushes the OB put her delivery outfit on. I pushed a few more times until I felt the pain of the head coming out. I just forced myself to push through the pain and finally he came out. He was very purple but they laid him on my chest and he was so adorable! He arrived at 440pm. The OB said I pushed for a total of 10 minutes. Josh cut the cord and followed him over to the incubator.
The OB started checking me for tears while the placenta was still in. It was very awkward with the cord hanging out of me and her feeling around for tears. She started stitching up my tears. I had a few all in a circle around my vagina but nothing more than first degree. She finished up just as my placenta was about to be delivered. She placed it in the bowl and quickly started working on me again. She was quickly massaging my stomach and digging around inside. She demanded the nurse to turn the Pitocin back on went back to work on me. She looked a bit stressed and I looked over at Josh and he was staring at me with a worried look. I asked her if I was bleeding badly and she said yes. Then asked the nurse for something that started with an “m”. It was a quick shot to my leg and shortly after she stopped working on me and explained that it worked. So she cleaned me up and Josh brought Jackson to me. It was so nice to hold him finally. They said he was 8lbs 1oz and a 9 9 on the Apgar.
I told the nurse I wanted Kayley to be the first of the family members to meet him. She brought him a cute little monkey stuffed animal. It was too cute! She was so excited. Then the rest of the family got to come in and visit for a little while. After an hour Jackson and Josh went to the nursery and I got to shower and some pain meds for my upper back pain (from being tense during the epidural). After my shower I got moved to the maternity ward. Family came to visit and after Jackson warmed up he got to come to my room. He sleeps a lot and is very content. He spits up a lot though but he’s still happy.

February 6th, 2012, 07:38 AM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome Jackson!!!
February 11th, 2012, 03:10 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! he is beautiful.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search