Eating

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By NutMeg76
  • 1 Post By TNTGarner
  • 2 Post By NutMeg76

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2012, 12:05 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Is not going very well for me! I know I need to eat to make sure I have enough fuel to keep going but every time I try to eat something seems to be tylers favorite time to cry lol or one of the other kids need me. I've been trying to eat things one handed and it's not going well. This past week I eat nothing until dinner time and that's because hubby is home to hold the baby and he makes me eat my dinner. Anyone else going through this? I know I need to eat more especially for breastfeeding. Any simple snack ideas I could keep around here that would be easy to prepare/eat while holding a fussy newborn?
February 4th, 2012, 01:56 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I keep already boiled/peeled eggs on hand, cooked bacon, apples, beef jerky, nuts, cheese sticks (string cheese), other cheeses cut into slices, pieces of cooked chicken, cottage cheese, yogurt, leftovers, frozen berries with coconut milk or cream, baby carrots, oranges, bananas.
acupofjoe and sarahmomma like this.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 4th, 2012, 02:06 AM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I struggle with eating enough as well. In the morning if I dont get a chance to eat before nick goes to work then i usually have a clif bar. Ive learned to keep things like pre made salad in the house. I just grab one poor the dressing and shake it and then can eat it one handed. Or sometimes ill just throw a pb&j sandwich together with a fruit. You just have to make your eating a priority as well. I feel much better all around on the days i make sure my body gets the fuel it needs, even if it isnt the most healthy sometimes.
February 4th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
Who knew eating could be so difficult! Kaleb decides he's hungry every time I am about to eat also lol. You could wear her in a carrier or sling so your hands are free to fix food and eat.

Have your husband bring you breakfast in bed before he leaves for work, cereal or oatmeal (steel cut oats are good for lactation). Eat a lot of snacks throughout the day- Meghan already listed all of my ideas. I love cheese sticks and wheat crackers, peanut butter banana sandwiches, fruit, yogurt and veggies dipped in hummus (good for lactation). Lunch for me is usually something super easy like lean cuisine. I love the bags of precooked grilled chicken strips-you can make fajitas, quesadillas, sandwhiches or just eat them plain.

When nursing I try to always sit down with a big cup of water and a snack. Just listen to your body and drink when your thirsty, eat when you are hungry. Try to have a protein with every meal and avoid fat free foods.
February 4th, 2012, 03:08 AM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
I've been having this issue as well. Trying to keep more snacks on hand but haven't even been good at that either... But Meghan gave some good ideas.

I think the biggest issue with me, though, is not drinking enough!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

February 4th, 2012, 06:25 AM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have started pre cooking meals when hubby is home so I have food to eat and I dont have to cook with the zoo of kids lol. It has helped me out TONS! And ditto Meghan on everything else
acupofjoe likes this.

February 4th, 2012, 11:58 AM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
I'm not so good at eating either, I always forget to eat. 5pm will roll around and I'll be wondering why I feel so cruddy and then realize I've had absolutely nothing to eat all day. SO noticed this yesterday and he's been reminding me to snack today. Even when I do eat I don't have much of an appetite.

February 4th, 2012, 12:07 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you have a crock pot, use it! Make soups, you could even blend them some you can drink them out of a cup.
acupofjoe and sarahmomma like this.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 4th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Super Mommy
The first two weeks I didnt eat almost at all just enough to keep going..I ate good fats and whole grains and some fruits/ veggies mostly a little bit of protien.. Now this past week I have been eating MUCH more.. I drink tons and tons. and im hungry so Im eating three meals and im craving sugar so im trying to eat fruit instead.. I always find tiem to eat.. even with two kids and a newborn..lol UGH?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search