Sorry I've been MIA - photos and update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By hotpinktulips
  • 1 Post By Mrs. Harris
  • 1 Post By NutMeg76
  • 1 Post By MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy
  • 1 Post By swade66

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2012, 04:33 PM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The first week after Kaleb was born I suffered from major PPD and could barely function. Thankfully my meds kicked in around day nine and I've been feeling much better. Not to mention my hubby has been extremely helpful so that makes things easier for me.

Kaleb is a little over 2 weeks old and now that we kind of have a routine down, I promise to log on more. I really missed you ladies, and wish I could have logged on sooner for your support.

Kaleb had his 2 week appointment on Friday and was only 7lbs. 13oz. which means he had only gained 2 oz in 11 days. I kind of had a feeling he wasn't getting enough considering he was nursing every 1-2 hours and never really seemed satisfied. His doctor suggested supplementing a few times a day for the next week and bringing him back in to be weighed on the 10th. I was really frustrated and disappointed in my body, but then realized it's what's best for him. And on the bright side he's still getting breast milk several times a day so that makes me happy.

The positive side to all of this is that with the formula he sleeps 3-4 hours at a time and seems much more content. I've also been pumping and can only seem to get 1oz at a time, so this is definitely the problem.

Other than the weight issue Kaleb is doing great and is spoiled rotten already. His big sisters are madly in love with him and Emme is always asking to hold him. Too sweet!

Oh and I've lost 30lbs! Considering I only gained 14lbs. during my pregnancy I'm beyond excited and super thankful. I'll be adding photos of my 39 week belly and my 2 week postpartum belly in my pregnancy journal.

Now for the fun stuff, since I never got to upload any photos of him.

Kaleb Mason 1/19/12 8lbs. 6oz. 20 1/2 in.

Hope you are all doing well. I can't wait to catch up on everyone posts.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

Last edited by hotpinktulips; February 5th, 2012 at 04:36 PM.
February 5th, 2012, 04:58 PM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
Sorry you had a rough time, but I'm glad things are better now. He is super cute! I hope the BF/weight issue gets resolved as well. And jeez mama no need to apologize for being MIA; we all understand!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

February 5th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey! Glad you are back girl! I'm glad it has gotten easier for you. He's adorable, and you have a beautiful family. Congratulations!

February 5th, 2012, 05:15 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Glad to hear things are going well. He is adorable!

February 5th, 2012, 05:29 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
sorry to hear you are dealin with PPD but im glad you have got it under control. Kaleb is absolutely adorable!!!! Dont worry about being MIA we totally understand. Im sorry you are having supply issues. Id go to the BFing board there are tons of sticky-ed tricks to help boost supply.
February 5th, 2012, 05:50 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness! He is such a cutie!

I'm so glad you are back posting again and feeling much more like yourself.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
February 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
So cute, congrats!
February 5th, 2012, 06:29 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had weight gain issues with Killian, luckily my doctor supports breastfeeding and never suggested formula since it would only have diminished my supply. He did suggest seeing a lactation consultant, but I was able to find an alternative that worked well for us.

I am honestly concerned that he (the doctor) is waiting that long to see him back.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 5th, 2012, 07:24 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear that you're doing better now, and that Kaleb's weight issues are being resolved. He is super cute! Also, WTG on the weight loss! That is awesome!

February 5th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
Sorry you had to deal with ppd but I'm glad you're feeling better! My Kaleb was 8lbs 6oz too If I were you I would take him in for a quick weight check before the 10th just to make sure he is gaining ok.
February 5th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Are you still able to bf with the meds you're on? Supplementing with formula will decrease your supply a lot. To keep it up you have to nurse atleast 8-12 times a day. Talk to a lactation consultant if you can!
NutMeg76 likes this.
February 6th, 2012, 04:10 AM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had a hard time but at least you took care if it fast. He's so cute congrats! Glad your back

February 10th, 2012, 02:17 PM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for all the sweet compliments.

As for his weight issue, I called and got him back in on Wed. He was 8lbs. 3oz.! Guess the formula is doing the trick.

As for trying to EBF again, it's just not going to happen. I HATE pumping and am tired of trying to get him to nurse instead of sleeping at the boob. I know this is going to sound super selfish, but I would rather get the extra 15-20 min of sleep than pump after he nurses to help increase my supply. He still likes to nurse for comfort, and I enjoy it too, so we'll keep doing that as long as he likes.

I'm really surprised nursing has been so hard this time around. With DD it was so simple. I guess every baby really is different. sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMyBlessings View Post
Also, WTG on the weight loss! That is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Harris View Post
My Kaleb was 8lbs 6oz too
That's so cool!

How do some of these ladies find the time to post all day? I want to know their secret! I can barley keep up with the house, kids and DH.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

February 10th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I neglect the house silly! No, i jut post between things. And being 4 hours behind EST, I clean at night, one no one else is really posting and two the kid are in bed so it stays nice longer.

Killian was super sleepy too. We 'switch feed' now, wich means as soon as he falls asleep I switch him to the other breast. The let down happens faster that way. Then I switch back to the first beast. He gainec 5 ounces in two days that way! Just thought I would share

sorry about typos...nak
hotpinktulips likes this.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 10th, 2012, 03:09 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry you had such a rough go of it but, yay for things being on the upswing! Kaleb is so adorable

February 10th, 2012, 07:07 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Glad things are going better. Sorry to hear BF'ing didn't work out.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
February 10th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I use my phone to get online while I'm nursing lol.
February 10th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Harris View Post
I use my phone to get online while I'm nursing lol.
I use the phone or the netbook. They only time it doesn't work is when I am p&nak....lol

Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search